5.0 Exhaust Options - NOT LOUD

Moroney167

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0
Been debating a mild upgrade to truck to bring back the thrill. Problem is a friend picked up a 2023 5.0 with Black package and has the dual exhaust. I was ENVIOUS. I tried reading forums and listened to ton of soudns clips but can't find what im looking for. I do not have the cut out bumpers so i can't order that specific Ford pipe. But I like his for sure! Nice idle sound. Nice at low speed growl but once driving its nearly stock sounding. But a hair of noise when in the throttle. Borla Sport exhaust notes from internet just sound terrible to me, loud and anooying I guess. I do travel in my truck and tow frequent, I love my silent truck but is there anything to bump me up from the silence it is closer to a factory level exhaust upgrade? Don't care for exhaust tip even so swapping muffler could be option but scared to just start throwing stuff at it.

Thanks in advance.
My truck : 21 5.0 Max Tow Lariet 6.5 bed.
Sponsored

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
I have the 5.0 and have thought about upgrading the muffler to get better airflow and just a little aggressive noise when I get on it but still quiet when just cruising. I don't know which one to go with theirs so many options and I definitely don't want the obnoxious sounding one either. Lol

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
For about $1200 and change you can convert your 5.0 to the OEM twin exit if you like what it sounds like. That is also roughly the cost of an aftermarket catback. The former obviously includes the dual cutout bumper cost.

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
I'm in the same boat, I would like something a little more aggressive. If I got the parts for the Tremor rear bumper and added the stock dual exhaust it would be a little louder? @Moroney167 how much difference is the sound between yours and your buddies with the dual exit exhaust? I can't believe that there is that much of a difference, but what do I know. (Not much Hahaha).

OP
OP

Moroney167

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0
I'm in the same boat, I would like something a little more aggressive. If I got the parts for the Tremor rear bumper and added the stock dual exhaust it would be a little louder? @Moroney167 how much difference is the sound between yours and your buddies with the dual exit exhaust? I can't believe that there is that much of a difference, but what do I know. (Not much Hahaha).
Enough to make me want it and want to change mine, when it was perfectly fine stock! I would do similar but not paying that much for the... lets say 20% louder than stock. Second I got in and started it I was jealous. Driving was near stock mid to top end had a nice exhaust note. Again lets call it mild stock upgrade. I do a lot with Tacoma's and 4Runners and best way to put it was throwing a TRD exhaust on. Not to loud. Not stock silent. Just enough to feel. Not loud enough to be a pain with windows up music off on highway at all.

Hoping there is a muffler option to just swap in. Again pages of them to pick from but im not spending money based on one youtube video cellphone sound clip.

Sponsored

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
dont forget, cylinder deactivation is not your friends with all aftermarket exhausts. it is the only reason i have not upgraded yet because i have heard of some guys switching back to OEM
You either tune it out or get used to switching drive modes.

I enjoy my Corsa Sport side exit. I tuned the truck to remove C/D.

Is it quiet? No. Is it too obnoxious? No. Have I thought maybe once or twice would it be nice to have zero noise again? Sure. But, it suits my truck, both the sound and look.

If I were you, I'd find an aftermarket muffler that's tame and Weld in. I'm just not sure if one that tame exists.

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
flowmaster super 44 muffler. that’s what i’m currently running on my truck and i like it. fan favorite too if you look around on YouTube and social media platforms.

OP
OP

Moroney167

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0
Starting to sound like stock is my best bet. Tried comparing muffler tot he 23 dual kit. seems to be same measurements but obviously dual exhaust. I know if it ends up to loud I will end up mad about it first trip. And I don't mind cyl deactivation as I notice it sometimes but also like the play the mpg game with it on highway when I can. I'll keep eye out for a stock take off dual kit maybe if im lucky!

Gooner5643

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat 5.0, e92 m3 6mt
Check out borla touring. It’s much quieter than their atak and s type series.

Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Honestly I like the growl when you get on it and like how quite it is with the stock exhaust.

TXGREEK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 FX4 Lariat
Been debating a mild upgrade to truck to bring back the thrill. Problem is a friend picked up a 2023 5.0 with Black package and has the dual exhaust. I was ENVIOUS. I tried reading forums and listened to ton of soudns clips but can't find what im looking for. I do not have the cut out bumpers so i can't order that specific Ford pipe. But I like his for sure! Nice idle sound. Nice at low speed growl but once driving its nearly stock sounding. But a hair of noise when in the throttle. Borla Sport exhaust notes from internet just sound terrible to me, loud and anooying I guess. I do travel in my truck and tow frequent, I love my silent truck but is there anything to bump me up from the silence it is closer to a factory level exhaust upgrade? Don't care for exhaust tip even so swapping muffler could be option but scared to just start throwing stuff at it.

Thanks in advance.
My truck : 21 5.0 Max Tow Lariet 6.5 bed.
Personally, I wouldn’t touch the exhaust, I used to switch to different exhausts as I missed having a smooth tuned rumble from my old Chevy and regretted it as in case you didn’t know, towing lowers rpm’s and makes it much louder in the cab which I too am not a fan of. Maybe Borla Touring, that was the only one I was good with as it had the flow my tuned engine needed and the low purr of a tuned exhaust without the in cab stress. Plus, I hunt a lot and my current new 2023 5.0 is louder than my stock GMC 6.2 was so sneaking up on site is a huge factor for me.

Tinman1227

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 , 5.0L / Crew, Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Real Estate Developer/ Investor / Rehaber
dont forget, cylinder deactivation is not your friends with all aftermarket exhausts. it is the only reason i have not upgraded yet because i have heard of some guys switching back to OEM
My concern as well. Hesitant on my one week old 2023 5.0.

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
Sounds like Borla Touring or similar is what you are looking for if changing from stock. I have the factory dual outlet on mine. I'd prefer a bit more growl, but not enough to justify a $1500 upgrade to a Corsa Sport or Borla S-Type.
Sponsored