Occupation
Sales
yes, pretty nice!

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
So is the blue line before and the red one after, or is it just two runs? Would be good to see before/after.

OP
OP

grnsnake97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL
It’s 2 runs. Unfortunately no before and after. The red line was a 5th gear pull that ended short due to the top speed limiter. Blue line is 4th gear. I had the parts and was too impatient to wait to install. Both runs were in sport mode. Did a 3rd run in eco mode and it made the same numbers

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Those numbers don't mean much without your base figures.

Ideally you would want to have them for each permutation and see your HP and torque curves.

It might seem like extra work but you only need to install the exhaust once and the intake will be much easier to install the second time.

Either way, the torque curve is impressive!

Sponsored

Mike2019SCrew

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4WD 5.0, 2019 2WD 3.5 SCrew FBO previous
Before and after would be nice, but do we really expect any meaningful hp/tq gain with intake and exhaust anyway?
Also, am I the only one super impressed with these (basically) stock numbers?! I was expecting more like 340 whp stock.

Jumper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xl
Good numbers!!
I would guess around 430hp flywheel.

cscheut

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150; 16 Expedition; 91 Mustang LX; 72 Maverick
Occupation
CPA
Very nice #'s. Doesn't really surprise me, these new 5.0's are runners. Using a GPS 0-60 timer I consistently have been clicking off six flat and even a few high five second 0-60 runs. Bone stock Lariat 502A. Had a 5.7 second run once too, may have been slightly down hill though.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Before and after would be nice, but do we really expect any meaningful hp/tq gain with intake and exhaust anyway?
Also, am I the only one super impressed with these (basically) stock numbers?! I was expecting more like 340 whp stock.
Yup. Cat back does almost nothing to increase flow. The cat is where all the pressure is. Sounds better than OEM for sure. A true duel exhuast should imrove flow.

Im guessing those are very close if not the same as stock numbers. Which are impressive.

CarBon22

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Carbonized Grey XLT FX4 5.0
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Like to see the SAE correction factor rather then Standard. SAE is more accurate.

Sponsored

isthatahemi

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat SCREW 5.0 3.73
Occupation
Manager
Did you have to unplug anything to get it to run correctly on the Dyno.

5.0menace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0 (302A HIGH+ BLACK PACK)
Yup. Cat back does almost nothing to increase flow. The cat is where all the pressure is. Sounds better than OEM for sure. A true duel exhuast should imrove flow.

Im guessing those are very close if not the same as stock numbers. Which are impressive.
Prob 1-3 hp for intake + 5-7 hp for exhaust. So 6-10 hp(?) tops, by my calculations. Very insignificant , wont feel a thing. Exhaust prob sounds great tho.
I myself wondering what is the best way to pick up 10-15% HP increase? Supercharger is definitely the only thing that comes to mind on a naturally aspirated V8., but thats 100% increase and costly.
A couple of years back did long tube headers + full exhaust and a ECU tune on my Shelby GT350, sounded great, but roughly +20HP gains (approx 5%) went unnoticed.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Prob 1-3 hp for intake + 5-7 hp for exhaust. So 6-10 hp(?) tops, by my calculations. Very insignificant , wont feel a thing. Exhaust prob sounds great tho.
I myself wondering what is the best way to pick up 10-15% HP increase? Supercharger is definitely the only thing that comes to mind on a naturally aspirated V8., but thats 100% increase and costly.
A couple of years back did long tube headers + full exhaust and a ECU tune on my Shelby GT350, sounded great, but roughly +20HP gains (approx 5%) went unnoticed.
I know Livernois had cracked Job 1 5.0 tunes.

There website lists 21-22 now, but I would contact to be sure.

According to them:

Stock setup with their tune saw +37hp and +45tq on 93 octane.

Paired with an upgraded exhaust and upgraded intake, should be able to get near +50, which would be about 12.5% increase based on current numbers. Not significant for the cost, probably half way to supercharger cost, but not an insignificant performance increase either.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Oh, agreed 100%. Sound worth it. HP is expensive unless boosted. And to go NA to boost is expensive.

5.0menace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0 (302A HIGH+ BLACK PACK)

According to them:

Paired with an upgraded exhaust and upgraded intake, should be able to get near +50, which would be about 12.5% increase based on current numbers. Not significant for the cost, probably half way to supercharger cost, but not an insignificant performance increase either.

According to them:

Thats the thing, going +37HP on a tune only for a NA V8 is impossible, UNLESS your baseline is an 87 octane (or below) and tune is for 93 octane. Most of the gains attributed to higher octane.
Im curious to see same octane gas used before and after that tune.
My experience , tune on a NA engine +10hp.

Then again, what do i know :)

Another possibility is to bore out the engine (we are not talking about that here).
Sponsored