4/26 Build Week

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Well, waited 4 months for the truck and in less than two months, my son hit a deer yesterday lol. This is crazy. The good news is it appears to have only torqued the bumper a little bit so I believe it will be good as new once it is taken care of. What else??????????
Sponsored

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
Yay!!!
so the fob works but the physical key fits nothing. Dealer confused. Hopefully answers soon.
‘now to add the tonneaucover and get gooseneck hitch installed.

2C540229-CA3E-4AEE-BA5C-BFF3984BA69A.jpeg

6FF6CB37-FF48-4571-98E6-1A45E9FFF6E0.jpeg
Congratulations!!!

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
Well now that Carolyn's on board I think that's everybody. I think this was the best group on here and we all went through a lot of aggravation but we've got what we wanted and waited so long to get.

Cheers everyone, it's been nice reading all your comments and sharing your experiences.

Ciao ?‍♂

Markl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Well now that Carolyn's on board I think that's everybody. I think this was the best group on here and we all went through a lot of aggravation but we've got what we wanted and waited so long to get.

Cheers everyone, it's been nice reading all your comments and sharing your experiences.

Ciao ?‍♂
Travel well my friends!

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
Still loving my truck. I'm only at 2300 miles and 1200 of that was a trip to the Outer Banks in Sept. Only issue I have is I need to schedule with the service department because of the rear end thunk when the frame flexes. There's a thread on here about it.

Hope all you fellow 4/26ers are doing well.

Sponsored

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Has been a busy couple of months with the kids back to school, just checking in on the fam. ? We are loving the truck and putting it to use most weekends. We even did a little something 2 weeks ago and traded in our 2021 Roo 183 for a 2021 Bullet 290BHS. Now we can really extend our season, have trips booked right to end of November so far. 2 trips so far in the new trailer and she pulls really good.

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week 20210818_172418_20793_265

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week 20211014_153033

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
Has been a busy couple of months with the kids back to school, just checking in on the fam. ? We are loving the truck and putting it to use most weekends. We even did a little something 2 weeks ago and traded in our 2021 Roo 183 for a 2021 Bullet 290BHS. Now we can really extend our season, have trips booked right to end of November so far. 2 trips so far in the new trailer and she pulls really good.

20210818_172418_20793_265.jpg

20211014_153033.jpg
Nice! What kind of mileage have you seen towing with the two trailers?

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Nice! What kind of mileage have you seen towing with the two trailers?
Surprised to be almost the same at about 12mpg combined driving. I think the Bullet maybe a little more aerodynamic as the old Roo had a very square front end, but there is a pretty big weight difference. Dry weight Roo was 4200lbs and the Bullet is 6200lbs. When I hit the highway and turn on the ACC for a couple hours, the fuel mileage is much better than the stop and go city driving ?. And for those that laugh at the protrailer, I have done my fair share of hauling and backing up working at a marina, I love using it on this big trailer. Now I'm just waiting for a sale on a Haloview camera setup. Had one on the Roo but won't work due to length on the new one. Hopefully some black Friday sales coming up.

Markl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Surprised to be almost the same at about 12mpg combined driving. I think the Bullet maybe a little more aerodynamic as the old Roo had a very square front end, but there is a pretty big weight difference. Dry weight Roo was 4200lbs and the Bullet is 6200lbs. When I hit the highway and turn on the ACC for a couple hours, the fuel mileage is much better than the stop and go city driving ?. And for those that laugh at the protrailer, I have done my fair share of hauling and backing up working at a marina, I love using it on this big trailer. Now I'm just waiting for a sale on a Haloview camera setup. Had one on the Roo but won't work due to length on the new one. Hopefully some black Friday sales coming up.
Hey all, hope you are all enjoying your trucks! I am looking to replace wheels and tires on my truck and have been considering the pirelli scorpion verde plus 2., I like the squarer sidewall look compared to the michellin defender, the defender was a great tire and have had sets on both my previous trucks but feel like a change and a sharper looking tire. I have heard the pirelli is a much harder riding tire, I will be dropping down to a 50 profile from a 60, so I understand some comfort will be sacrificed but don’t want to ruin the way the truck rides. I currently have Hancook Atr’s and those are not the softest ride. So how are guys riding on the pirellis finding them? Any insight would be great. Thanks!

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hey all, hope you are all enjoying your trucks! I am looking to replace wheels and tires on my truck and have been considering the pirelli scorpion verde plus 2., I like the squarer sidewall look compared to the michellin defender, the defender was a great tire and have had sets on both my previous trucks but feel like a change and a sharper looking tire. I have heard the pirelli is a much harder riding tire, I will be dropping down to a 50 profile from a 60, so I understand some comfort will be sacrificed but don’t want to ruin the way the truck rides. I currently have Hancook Atr’s and those are not the softest ride. So how are guys riding on the pirellis finding them? Any insight would be great. Thanks!
I like Pirelli as a brand, I have run the Pirelli P7's on my Cruze for the last 7 years. My brother inlaw being a tire guy warned me about the scorpions on the truck and said to dump them right away. I decided to keep them and run them for the next few summers. They are super quite, pretty good on dry pavement. A little bit of sand or gravel and she does slip but no major complaints from me. I am only running these in the summer. I just had Cooper Discoverer Snow Claws installed today and typically run snows until the start of April where I am.

I did drive home in a little bit of snow pulling our trailer after a weekend camping trip just this past weekend with the pirelli on, performed much better than I expected.

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week IMG_20211114_201634_013

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week IMG_20211117_215304

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week 20211113_095141

Sponsored

Markl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
I like Pirelli as a brand, I have run the Pirelli P7's on my Cruze for the last 7 years. My brother inlaw being a tire guy warned me about the scorpions on the truck and said to dump them right away. I decided to keep them and run them for the next few summers. They are super quite, pretty good on dry pavement. A little bit of sand or gravel and she does slip but no major complaints from me. I am only running these in the summer. I just had Cooper Discoverer Snow Claws installed today and typically run snows until the start of April where I am.

I did drive home in a little bit of snow pulling our trailer after a weekend camping trip just this past weekend with the pirelli on, performed much better than I expected.

IMG_20211114_201634_013.jpg

IMG_20211117_215304.jpg

20211113_095141.jpg
Oh yeah you are using yours! Lol I am in Florida and am going with an all season tire, so no real truck use for me. What doesn’t your brother in law like about the scorpions?

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Oh yeah you are using yours! Lol I am in Florida and am going with an all season tire, so no real truck use for me. What doesn’t your brother in law like about the scorpions?
Hey sorry for the delay. Poor traction and chunking. I have looked at the tires after 9000km on them and look as good as new. I would have expected a little more wear with all the towing but so far so good.

Markl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Hey sorry for the delay. Poor traction and chunking. I have looked at the tires after 9000km on them and look as good as new. I would have expected a little more wear with all the towing but so far so good.
Hey no problems! I am basically going with a 22” wheel so may opt for the general grabber which Ford put on the limited which are 22” I figure it has to be a good tire, I know cost will play a part for them but comfort and performance should too…right ? It’s so tough with reviews nowadays, so much conflicting info! But thanks for the advice!

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hey no problems! I am basically going with a 22” wheel so may opt for the general grabber which Ford put on the limited which are 22” I figure it has to be a good tire, I know cost will play a part for them but comfort and performance should too…right ? It’s so tough with reviews nowadays, so much conflicting info! But thanks for the advice!
I like the General Grabber, another tire to look at is the Cooper Discoverer AT3. I'm running the Copper Discoverer Snow Claw now and pretty impressed so far, can't wait for the deep snow. ?

Markl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
I like the General Grabber, another tire to look at is the Cooper Discoverer AT3. I'm running the Copper Discoverer Snow Claw now and pretty impressed so far, can't wait for the deep snow. ?
The last time I saw any kind of snow, besides on tv, was in New York, we got caught out in a blizzard and we were in my wife’s civic, that was a white knuckle ride to say the least! I will look into the coopers! Thanks!
Sponsored