4/19 Build Week

66F100Again

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'66 F100, '11 Mustang GT, '21 F150 Lariat
Hope it's more than just Lip service this time. Heard that several weeks ago already.....Ford really needs to ship what it has build instead of building more. Not all Ducks at Dearborn Head office waddle in a row.
Based on this comment in a recent news story, I'm not so sure that Ford is prioritizing finishing the partially built trucks; my 2/25/21 ordered, 4/21/21 "built" truck is waiting for chips, and ETA is still 10/31/21.
In an email to Motor1.com, a Ford spokesperson said the automaker's plan was for F-Series production to improve through the second half of the year while also delivering current trucks that are parked and waiting for semiconductor chips, which should happen by the end of October. Ford isn't talking about how many built trucks are waiting for chips, but reports and rumors suggest it's in the tens of thousands.
Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Based on this comment in a recent news story, I'm not so sure that Ford is prioritizing finishing the partially built trucks; my 2/25/21 ordered, 4/21/21 "built" truck is waiting for chips, and ETA is still 10/31/21.
In an email to Motor1.com, a Ford spokesperson said the automaker's plan was for F-Series production to improve through the second half of the year while also delivering current trucks that are parked and waiting for semiconductor chips, which should happen by the end of October. Ford isn't talking about how many built trucks are waiting for chips, but reports and rumors suggest it's in the tens of thousands.
They just made this statement a few days ago, you’re not going to immediately see your ETA change and your truck ship, but I bet you’ll see movement within the next 2-3 weeks. If I were a betting man, the vast majority of parked trucks will be shipped before the end of July.

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
They just made this statement a few days ago, you’re not going to immediately see your ETA change and your truck ship, but I bet you’ll see movement within the next 2-3 weeks. If I were a betting man, the vast majority of parked trucks will be shipped before the end of July.
Love your optimism but I certainly wouldn’t be betting on that.

Sudsmaster

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT
Well it seems my truck just went to awaiting shipment with a Aug 11 eta..... here's hoping all the stored trucks start moving !!!!!!

2021 PB Screw XLT
Blend date Apr 1/21
Actual production date Apr 20/21
Original Delivery date Apr 29/21
Changed to awaiting shipment July 07/21...

Last edited:

66F100Again

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well it seems my truck just went to awaiting shipment with a Aug 11 eta..... here's hoping all the stored trucks start moving !!!!!!

2021 PB Screw XLT
Blend date Apr 1/21
Actual production date Apr 20/21
Original Delivery date Apr 29/21
Changed to awaiting shipment July 07/21...
That's great news.
Was your status "in production" and 10/31 ETA prior to getting the news "awaiting shipment"?

Sponsored

Sudsmaster

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT
Yes it was .....been in production since Apr 01 ....out of plant Apr 20.....showing in production and Oct 31 date until this morning.....last update prior to this morning from of ford insider was at plant on hold missing chips.

Drufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lead Foot Lariat
Love your optimism but I certainly wouldn’t be betting on that.

I'm thinking that the impetus to get the parked trucks is the dealers. They have no inventory and since a lot of these are customer ordered, the dealer is going to make their sale within days of delivery.
Yes it was .....been in production since Apr 01 ....out of plant Apr 20.....showing in production and Oct 31 date until this morning.....last update prior to this morning from of ford insider was at plant on hold missing chips.

Dearborn or KC? I'm a 4/21 Dearborn.

Sponsored

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
In the 4/26 group there has been a bit of movement. My truck was "Built 7/9" now. Was put in production 4/29 and is now awaiting shipment. I have seen in several of the build weeks that the late April Trucks have been moved to built and awaiting shipment so they are doing something. I also am seeing that several have been on awaiting shipment for weeks b/c of problems getting them shipped due to shipping companies shifting their priorities due to the slowdown in shipments over the past few months.

66F100Again

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My 4/21 "in production" is still 10/31 ETA.
Glad to hear 4/26 build-week trucks are getting completed; my 4/19 build-week (and others) are probably deeper in the parking lot and haven't been reached yet for completion.
Hoping it happens next.

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
My 4/21 "in production" is still 10/31 ETA.
Glad to hear 4/26 build-week trucks are getting completed; my 4/19 build-week (and others) are probably deeper in the parking lot and haven't been reached yet for completion.
Hoping it happens next.
Yeah, I am thinking the same thing, first in last out b/c of the way they were packed in.

RidingHi

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 lariat, Bronze Fire, Super Cab, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport, Long Beach Red
Occupation
Retired
My ETA end date just updated this morning to 8/5/21.
Production date 4/23/21. Hope this date sticks b/c it moved several times before landing at 10/31/21 for the last 2 months. The date that a truck was parked for chip hold may have some bearing on current movement. My build was off site on 5/5/21 for bed liner, wheel well liners, and hard folding tonneau cover. Returned to factory on 5/9/21 to Ramp 59, chip hold.
Sponsored