First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.0 PS 302a on order
Occupation
SAHD, pastor
I have a power stroke XLT 302a w/ co-pilot assist 2.0 on order, currently scheduled to be built 10/13.

I was looking at the 360 view on the shop.ford tracker website and it showed homelink buttons on the visor. Can anyone w/ a similar truck confirm if it has homelink. I didn't think the XLT has it, but it would be a bonus if it did.

All the other interior features look pretty accurate. Thanks!
Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
OP
OP
F150pony

F150pony

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SAHD, pastor
Shucks!

MikeG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
No, unfortunately no garage door opener. I velcro'd a small garage door opener to the inside of my center console that's even hard to see when you open it. I make sure to lock the console or take the garage door opener with me if I am going to park anywhere for awhile.

You don't want to leave anything attached to your sun visors nowadays, it's an easy target. The tweakers have figured out they can take the garage door opener to the address on the vehicle registration and rob your garage and/or home since they know you are away.

OP
OP
F150pony

F150pony

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SAHD, pastor
No, unfortunately no garage door opener. I velcro'd a small garage door opener to the inside of my center console that's even hard to see when you open it. I make sure to lock the console or take the garage door opener with me if I am going to park anywhere for awhile.

You don't want to leave anything attached to your sun visors nowadays, it's an easy target. The tweakers have figured out they can take the garage door opener to the address on the vehicle registration and rob your garage and/or home since they know you are away.
Nice idea with the Velcro in center console. In some vehicles I've soldered a momentary switch to opener and drilled a hole in the dash.

Amazing criminals would still do crap like that in this day and age. Don't they assume everyone has cameras everywhere in their home with ability to record?

Sponsored

MikeG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Nice idea with the Velcro in center console. In some vehicles I've soldered a momentary switch to opener and drilled a hole in the dash.

Amazing criminals would still do crap like that in this day and age. Don't they assume everyone has cameras everywhere in their home with ability to record?
They know people have cameras, but the police don't seem to do anything unless someone was hurt, at least around here. They told my friend who's house got robbed they'd file a report and if they catch them in the act elsewhere they can use it against them. Not even investigating it seems, despite the video footage...

Anyway, always good to watch your back. Criminals know somebody with a new truck probably also has a nice home, lots of tools, etc. Crime only seems to be getting worst nowadays.

Notallthosewhowanderarelo

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
You could add something like the Meross Smart Garage Door opener. I did that to make my old garage door opener"smart" so I can now use my voice to open the door from the truck.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
This is a option I really wanted but was not going to order a Lariat for just that. I have found the unit that fits into the sun visor on line for around the $250.00 mark. Thinking about ordering one or ordering one from Ford as a part. I haven't gone that way yet as to find out the cost. The one thing I am hoping is that the wiring harness that goes to the center overhead has the power connector for the opener. Saw a video on You Tube of a unit being installed into the visor. Doesn't look that hard. I will have to dig into this a little more. Also, another option is waiting and maybe finding one on Amazon. Maybe I can find someone that has it in the truck but no garage and swap visors... just a thought...

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs

So glad I don’t live in an area where that is a concern.
Sponsored