Sponsored

21 Powerboost squeal while rolling, anyone else?

Stealthytt

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
Today on my way home I happened to have my window down and heard this sound when rolling, stopped when i was rolling fast enough, but started when i would slow down. sound happens in electric and ICE mode, drivers side. its dark right now so i couldn't see anything to cause the sound. Has anyone encountered this issue?

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Any other issues? Kinda sounds like the pump that clutches the ICE and the EV together. I believe there's been a handful of failures and subsequent several weeks of waiting for the part that's never in-stock. I'm at 2700 miles now, not even broken in, and I've noticed a change in the sound of that pump.

Did you do the speaker delete? Just want to make sure that's not a possible source.

Edit: Just finished wrenching on mine a little bit and went on a test drive. You're hearing first gear.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Stealthytt

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
Any other issues? Kinda sounds like the pump that clutches the ICE and the EV together. I believe there's been a handful of failures and subsequent several weeks of waiting for the part that's never in-stock. I'm at 2700 miles now, not even broken in, and I've noticed a change in the sound of that pump.

Did you do the speaker delete? Just want to make sure that's not a possible source.

Edit: Just finished wrenching on mine a little bit and went on a test drive. You're hearing first gear.

I did do the speaker delete, so its not that. I do have an issue well multiple..

harsh shifting, mainly from 2nd to 3rd, with the same for downshifting. I took it in for this issue and the first time they reset the trans tables and it was smooth for a little. it returned and i took it back in and they states a module was bad but its on back order.

i get kicked out of drive modes from time to time, resolution was the same for above. module bad.

I have 10k miles, and have never heard this sound before, it was also not there today when i drove the truck. 1st gear has never made this sound for me, I hear a hum in first sure but never this.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Today on my way home I happened to have my window down and heard this sound when rolling, stopped when i was rolling fast enough, but started when i would slow down. sound happens in electric and ICE mode, drivers side. its dark right now so i couldn't see anything to cause the sound. Has anyone encountered this issue?

Hi there, Andrew. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I'll see how I can assist on my end!

athenslb57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150

Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Why @Ford Motor Company so you can tell them to visit their dealer?
They are opening a support ticket with Ford customer care. Kind of a waste of time since most of us have not taken the trucks in to the dealer yet for the various minor issues so the customer care agent logs it then closes the support ticket.

OP
OP

Stealthytt

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
Yeah, I will bring it up to my dealer when they get my module for my other issue, although it has not happened again, it was the one time on my way home that day. I cant wait to have a normal driving truck again, its getting pretty annoying jumping around in the seat while its shifting lol.
Sponsored