First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I am back at my Ford dealer again. Have had the truck 16 months and it continues to go into deep sleep mode every time I turn off the ignition. No courtesy lights when re-entering. Mirrors don’t deploy, steering wheel and seat go to an odd position. Battery at 11.76 volts before start up. I know it’s the battery and the dealer agrees but can not get a replacement unless an error code comes up when they test it. Really tired of spending 2-3 hours at the dealer and get the same issue a few days later. What can I do to get Ford to fix this?
Sponsored

Stevenbm99

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Dealership just replaced mine last week because it kept going into deep sleep mode. I have had my truck for 19 months. They told me they have issues with those batteries since they changed them in 2017 for all the auto start stop stuff. Just what i was told. Bottom line is your battery needs replaced.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Alot of people on here have bitten the bullet and replaced their battery. Also added a battery maintainer like the Noco Genius 2, Genius 5 or Genius 10.

Ales

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
rinse, wash, repeat! same story with me. Won't replace. said to buy a battery retainer.
ugh. Ford needs to step up and they wont.

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
Surprised to read this. I have '21 Lariat, 2 weeks out from end of 3yr/36,000. I thought was supposed to have the 800 cca battery but it had the 760 cca battery instead. It was starting to have the issues we've all read about for months.

Thought I was golden to go in and ask them to replace battery, someone must've screwed up during manuf. But service guy pulled up details of my truck and it's what it was supposed to have, (so he couldn't get mine upgraded), BUT he did what he needed to do to get them to replace, and told me it should buy time and then if it does it again, I can buy larger battery down the road.

It's called taking care of the customer. Your dealer's service dept might suck

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I keep mine connected to a Genius 5 when not in use. Hope I can get the dealer to change it out before warranty runs out in May.

OP
OP

Bruce Schneider

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Well the battery finally tested defective today. One cell was shorted out and created a bulge at the top of the battery above the sealed cap. Dealer said the battery was due to issues with auto start/stop. Replaced at no charge. Will see if this ends the deep sleep mode.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I am on battery #3
Dealer should have IPma and battery charge test, which will update impa
You csn change soc to 95% using forscsn
The trick about 5 fan for about 30 seconds will trick battery charged system to ramp up
Lots of threads on this site
Many smart people have brought solutions up.

EcoB259

First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT S Crew
Occupation
Retired
I bought a 900 cca from Walmart and so far no problems like I had.

KTM753

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL
If you take all the hours people waste trying to get a battery replaced under warranty and put a dollar amount to your time... you have already paid for a battery out of pocket... just go buy a new one at Walmart or similar...

OP
OP

Bruce Schneider

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Well the battery finally tested defective today. One cell was shorted out and created a bulge at the top of the battery above the sealed cap. Dealer said the battery was due to issues with auto start/stop. Replaced at no charge. Will see if this ends the deep sleep mode.
I keep mine connected to a Genius 5 when not in use. Hope I can get the dealer to change it out before warranty runs out in May.
I may have set a record. A new battery was installed by my dealer on March 1st to solve deep sleep mode issue and my 2022 F150 Lariat went into deep sleep mode again Saturday AM on March 2nd. Voltage was 11.96. Ran a trickler until full charge and after 1 hour down to 12.3. Checked again and voltage is decreasing slowly. Called the dealer today March 4th and waiting for call back.
Sponsored