2022 CCD shocks ride like crap?

22redrocket

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport Powerboost 2020 Audi SQ7
Hey so I’ve got a 2022 Lariat powerboost, long wheel base with about 4000 miles on it. Has anyone with the CCD shacks felt that the ride of the truck was harsh and bouncy? We test drove 2 short bed Supercrew trucks before we ordered and I remember thinking how smooth the ride was. Those did not have the CCD shocks. From day 1 my truck is rough over bumps and and seems to almost shutter on bigger ones. Not even close to how the test trucks rode.

I’m wondering if the wheelbase has a little to do with it. Almost seems like the electronic control of the shocks isn’t active at all or something, like they never activated them at the the factory or dealer.🤷🏻‍♂️ Anyway, I’m open to any comments from people with expletive with these shocks. Thanks!

Ford F-150 2022 CCD shocks ride like crap? 6CBD9638-BF5F-47BC-84FD-C968AF23F848
Sponsored

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
Mine rides pretty good.. I don't have any complaints. Is this also a Max Tow package truck?

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
If anything, it should ride smoother with the longer wheelbase under most conditions.

There must be some kind of test mode for the shocks to verify that they are functioning properly. Even if you need to hook up a computer to the truck. That’s one of the problems with these features; it’s hard to know if or what they’re doing.

Have you tried the different drive modes?

Good luck!

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
It’s not the wheelbase in and of itself, longer wheelbases as a general rule result in smoother, not harsher, ride...one reason why luxury sedans often had long wheelbases when they were still common.

Can you give us some more information? It would be helpful to know:
1) all packages you have.
2) what mode you are driving the vehicle in (normal, sport, etc)
3) what tires you have and their current pressure.
4) have you replaced any OEM components, added any non-OEM components (wheels, tires), etc?
5) it sounds silly, but did you confirm visually on the truck or on your window sticker you actually ended up with the CCD shocks? Weirder things have happened.

OP
OP
22redrocket

22redrocket

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If anything, it should ride smoother with the longer wheelbase under most conditions.

There must be some kind of test mode for the shocks to verify that they are functioning properly. Even if you need to hook up a computer to the truck. That’s one of the problems with these features; it’s hard to know if or what they’re doing.

Have you tried the different drive modes?

Good luck!
have used both eco and normal mode regularly and it’s the same in both. Sport mode I haven’t really tested much. I put a light trailer behind it briefly in tow haul mode and it seemed to smooth it out a bit.

Sponsored

OP
OP
22redrocket

22redrocket

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It’s not the wheelbase in and of itself, longer wheelbases as a general rule result in smoother, not harsher, ride...one reason why luxury sedans often had long wheelbases when they were still common.

Can you give us some more information? It would be helpful to know:
1) all packages you have.
2) what mode you are driving the vehicle in (normal, sport, etc)
3) what tires you have and their current pressure.
4) have you replaced any OEM components, added any non-OEM components (wheels, tires), etc?
5) it sounds silly, but did you confirm visually on the truck or on your window sticker you actually ended up with the CCD shocks? Weirder things have happened.
Lariat high equipment group. No max tow package. Nitto ridge grapplers on 20” fuel wheels. Measure about an inch or so taller than stock. I’m running 44 psi front and 40ish rear. I’ve had them lower to begin with and it rode the same then. Also had the stock wheels and tires for the first 1000 miles and the ride quality has been the same throughout the entire ownsership.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I have the CCD on my 2022 and had the FX4 package on my 21, both with Max tow. I don’t really notice a difference between the two. I think Eco might smooth things out just a bit but I can’t stand the throttle response in that mode so I only use it on the highway. The CCD doesn’t make much of a difference to me with the exception of the when towing where I do think it helps.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
44 PSI seems like alot. Why so much? Also, What load rating are the tires? Tires make a huge difference.

Jloyd98

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Sport 302a PB
My '20 had the longer 6.5' bed, max towing, and no FX4 pkg. Surprisingly, it had the worst ride of any of the F150's I've had, and I've a quite a few. My '21 5.5' bed with FX4 rides quite a bit better. Also, I think the E rated tires make for a harsher ride, regardless of setup. I started running mine in the 35-37 PSI range, and it helps a little bit.

OP
OP
22redrocket

22redrocket

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
44 PSI seems like alot. Why so much? Also, What load rating are the tires? Tires make a huge difference.
Load range is XL. I went up to 44 cuz it seems the tires were squatting a little in the front and it looked like wearing on the edges. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Who knows tho since it’s only been a few thousand miles. Plus the ride was the same from day one with stock wheels and tires

Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Also, I think the E rated tires make for a harsher ride, regardless of setup. I started running mine in the 35-37 PSI range, and it helps a little bit.
That is what I was wondering. I noticed aftermarket tires and thought if they were load range E that could be the culprit.

@22redrocket did you buy the truck with the wheel / tire setup that's on it now or was it stock when you purchased it? If so was the ride harsh with the stock wheels / tires?

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
You can have the CCD recalibrated. If you don’t have forscan I’m sure the dealer could do it for you. Basically put the truck on level ground and recalibrates the sensors. Maybe your is off?

OP
OP
22redrocket

22redrocket

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That is what I was wondering. I noticed aftermarket tires and thought if they were load range E that could be the culprit.

@22redrocket did you buy the truck with the wheel / tire setup that's on it now or was it stock when you purchased it? If so was the ride harsh with the stock wheels / tires?
I added the wheels and tires. Ride has been harsh since new

Reactions: 780
OP
OP
22redrocket

22redrocket

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You can have the CCD recalibrated. If you don’t have forscan I’m sure the dealer could do it for you. Basically put the truck on level ground and recalibrates the sensors. Maybe your is off?
Good to know! I was hoping there would be something they could do

SuperRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 502A
If anything I think my CCD is a touch floaty when not in sport mode. But def rides nice.
Sponsored