First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
So wait. Did we get the update because I turned my stupid headlights off or did we just get it because they rolled it out last night ?
2021 job 1 truck here
Pure coincidence. Myself and countless others have gotten OTA's sent and installed with the lights set to auto.

Edit: Not to mention, with near empty gas tanks, too. There is no update that requires the truck to be on and running.

I did not know there was a OTA HOTLINE. Can you share that number with me?
Thank you.
Don't bother. Believe me when I tell you that any questions you may have, you will get better answers here than from them.
Sponsored

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
The number is below, they're not super helpful but they can provide a little information. There were rumors months ago that a few people got updates shortly after calling, but it was probably just coincidence. Interestingly, they also told me when I called on Monday that the fuel level played a role in OTAs and that in addition to the car being off, auto update schedules set, parking brake on, headlights turned off, and doors shut, the fuel level needed to be above 92%. She kept saying something about drivability and how the updates are prioritized to vehicles with those higher indications or something.
I can't see any way that that makes sense, but here I am filling up every other day hoping it someone does the trick!
(833) 389-0848.
At least in my case I have gotten 4.2.2 and 4.2.3 in the last 2 days with my distance to empty at 74 miles. So a low gas level wasn't a factor for me.

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX, 2016 Accord Touring
Occupation
Accountant
@rugedraw would you mind checking my VIN again? I got a slew of updates after my APIM was replaced and then they stopped about a month ago.
1FTFW1E86MKD06501

Last edited:

Burner

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Navy
Yeah I asked her how fuel level could have any impact on software updates and the answers didn't make much sense. I'm just a desperate man ready for updates; I doesn't even have to make sense anymore! But after seeing everyone say the old updates don't come with any regularity, I'm probably going to re-subscribe to FDRS and try to knock everything out this or next weekend. Don't want to have to keep those lights off and fuel full forever :LOL:

The lady I talked to did say the hold for the 21G01 bluecruise bulletin may be lifted by the end of May, but told me not to hold my breath, so that could be good news for folks as well to get the dealerships back to doing updates

mrnavy2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Roush Ford F150 Lariat, 2017 Ford Fusion SE
Occupation
Retired
I think I will keep my windows up to see if I get a UPDATE. LOL

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Rugedraw could u check my vin
1FTFW1E55MKE99441
3.5.3 was sent to you yesterday and is in the process of downloading the files it needs to install it. Hopefully it goes through as many people have had issues with this update downloading the files it needs.

Rshmm

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT
1FTFW1E89MFA67437

Any hope mine might be getting something?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
1FTFW1E89MFA67437

Any hope mine might be getting something?
Just like above, you got 3.5.3 sent to you yesterday and your truck is trying to download the files it needs to install it.

Sponsored

claytonr

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
@rugedraw hoping you can give me some good news. I’ve been stuck on 3.5.2 since last October. Thanks!

1FTFW1ED8MFB36969
Sponsored