First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
retired
My 2021 XLT with the 400 watt inverter has burned out 3 inverters. I've never plugged anything more than an 85 watt battery charger into it. I'm worried that the truck has a larger electrical problem. Anyone else dealing with this?
Sponsored

scottyk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I am experiencing a similar issue. The inverter will go into fault intermittently (yellow LED flashes). The only thing ever plugged into it has been a 5 watt iPhone charger. The dealer has replaced the inverter and the body control module. The same issue keeps occurring.

trapperman

First Name
Theron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150
Occupation
retired ford millwright
I am having similar problem , the outlet flashes yellow once and no longer works.
I havent plugged anything large in mine either, thought maybe it was a fuse or something at first.
I will take to dealer i guess and see what they say.

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XL SPRCAB Sport 4x4 V8 3.73 36 gl tank.
Occupation
DOD USAF test track ARMY RETIRED PMEL/TMDE
120 V 400 watt output useless.
I have tried several low draw devices. I Calculated wattage (IxV=P. Or watts) and max I tried drew is 1.5A at 120V which is 180 watts. the invertor Continually trips. It worked initially for several hours.
when I turned on the headlights it tripped and has never carried a load since For the same device Or lesser amperage devices.
I think it’s an alternator/V regulator issue or battery resistance value Error Causing the alternator output to drop Causing a low current fault trip. Mine resets if unplugged, stays lit until anything is plugged in.
im tempted to put a larger Battery in and see what happens.
if you’ve had the inverotor changed and it does the same thing as the previous one, it’s likely a low voltage fault circuit or a fluctuating supply issue from the charging/supply circuit.
I want Ford to stand behind it. It is needed in my truck regularly.
can’t even plug in a laptop.

Sponsored

mwsecurity

First Name
Marc-Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4
Occupation
Security systems tech
I have the same issue up here in canada but seems like the inverter goes in faul in rainy or humid weather...anyone else experiencing this?

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XL SPRCAB Sport 4x4 V8 3.73 36 gl tank.
Occupation
DOD USAF test track ARMY RETIRED PMEL/TMDE
I have the same issue up here in canada but seems like the inverter goes in faul in rainy or humid weather...anyone else experiencing this?
I live in ky it’s always humid where I live. I hadn’t thought of that I’ll check when low humidity 35% or less
Sponsored