Sponsored

Can a 2kw Pro Power inverter be added aftermarket?

Fourthewin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Real Estate
I searched and searched for a truck for almost a year. One of the options that I wanted was the Pro Power 2KW for tailgates and camping.

However, I ended up buying one that didn't include it. I was curious if this could be added? Is it as simple as reinstalling the inverter? Would the wiring to the rear of the truck support this?

My apologies if this is answered somewhere, I did some searching but couldn't find anything.
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Several complaints about the OEM 2k inverter. Not powerful enough to run things comes up often. Better off with an aftermarket option. Either way truck needs to be running to not murder the battery.

There is a thread where someone mounted an aftermarket in the factory cab location and ran heavy duty extension cord to a bed outlet. I'd find it but the search feature on this forum is garbage.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
That would make zero sense. Just get a portable inverter/generator.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
That would make zero sense. Just get a portable inverter/generator.
Many prefer the built in option. My little portable inverter generator puts out more than 2k but it's also a lot more noise than a pickup idling.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Many prefer the built in option. My little portable inverter generator puts out more than 2k but it's also a lot more noise than a pickup idling.
Understood. But, OP is asking about adding one. That really makes no sense. Using some other battery generator that is charged from the truck in some way might make sense. But, it generally won't keep up for long periods.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat