First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 5.5Ft Bed
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
Problem #5 with this truck. Only 4200 miles on the odometer. Last week had a couple issues with the shifter in the console. Thought maybe it was just me. Guess not, as yesterday when I went to back out of the driveway I had an issue getting it into reverse. then, it went into drive no problem. Had to put it in reverse to maneuver out on to the street and it was fighting me. So, pulled back into the driveway and could not get it into park.

Shut it off and turned it on again thinking it may reset- that did not work. Tried holding down the brake pedal while putting it in accessory mode-nothing.
brake lights do function.
Using the shifter down button did nothing.
Called Ford Road Side Assistance and they are picking it up early in the am for a trip to the Dealer.

Anyone else experience this ??
Sponsored

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lariat 502A FX4 5.0
Have you tried changing drive modes (eg 2wd)?

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I'm going to throw this out there because I saw it in another thread. Check you fuse box and make sure everything is pushed in all the way. There's been a couple instances where it wasn't. I can't remember if there is one or 2 of them. Sometimes one under the hood and one inside.

OP
OP
BaySide1

BaySide1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
I'm going to throw this out there because I saw it in another thread. Check you fuse box and make sure everything is pushed in all the way. There's been a couple instances where it wasn't. I can't remember if there is one or 2 of them. Sometimes one under the hood and one inside.
Ford Roadside Assistance brought it to the Dealer this morning and the Dealer dropped off a Brand New Full Sized Bronco Sasquatch as a courtesy vehicle with 25 miles on it.

OP
OP
BaySide1

BaySide1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
Update on my 2021 Lariat not shifting.

Dealer has order an updated shifter kit. Evidently, this is a known issue by Ford (not my Dealer) and there is a service bulletin on it.
Hopefully, should have the truck back by Monday.

Sponsored

dwd125

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport (Max Tow)
Occupation
IT
Tag me in. Took three days (after kicking Ford Roadside off a cliff) to get it towed. Currently at the dealer.
Victim of this issue as well. Stranded 1,000mi from home with the wife and 2 dogs and a truck left at a random dealer. Good times.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/failed-console-gear-shift-lever.5639/

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10194431-0001.pdf
Thanks for the TSB doc. My dealer said the only time they've seen this was on a newer inventory delivery and never in the field. Its like dealers don't have internet access ;). Thanks again.
Sponsored