First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Technology Consulting
Strange occurrence today while driving home. Had the truck in sport mode (Powerboost Lariat if it matters) and was going around an interstate on-ramp at about 30 as it was a tight turn marked 25mph. Suddenly the truck dings, an error pops up in the center of the dash display saying “Drive Mode Not Available” and it switches itself back to normal mode but leaves it in 4A. Once I got around the curve and on the interstate I flipped it back to Sport and punched it and it took off, so no hesitation or stumble at all, just the error and the drive mode switch. Stayed in sport the rest of the drive home and everything was fine. Anyone ever seen that one before?
Sponsored

bgalakazam

First Name
Lubo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 500A Lariat 4x4 5.0L
I just got the truck new and couldn’t switch modes. Maybe sue tonbattery or weather is cold. I’ll investigate further and update.

Aussie

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost
I had the same issue on my truck today. I was wondering if it was because the truck shifted into electric driving mode.

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
HERE 👋 MENTIONED IT ON THE LAST THREAD ABOUT THIS SAME SITUATION ON THIS FORUM DONT. TO MANY PROBLEMS TO KEEP TRACK OF AND TO LITTLE TIME. I DO REMEMBER THAT IT HASNT DONE IT SINCE THOUGH.

Stealthytt

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
Mine did this also. twice in sport mode, once in Eco mode. all three times within about a month, and all times it would kick to normal and leave me in 4A when it kicked out of sport. I took it in and the dealership stated they found a faulty module (not sure what one, ill ask when i pick up), module is on back order until October but ill be picking up the truck until it arrives.

Sponsored

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Mine did this also. twice in sport mode, once in Eco mode. all three times within about a month, and all times it would kick to normal and leave me in 4A when it kicked out of sport. I took it in and the dealership stated they found a faulty module (not sure what one, ill ask when i pick up), module is on back order until October but ill be picking up the truck until it arrives.
@Jcartwr97 Was this ever resolved with your truck? I just had the truck come out of Sport Mode. Never happened before with 33K miles.

OP
OP

Jcartwr97

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Technology Consulting
@Jcartwr97 Was this ever resolved with your truck? I just had the truck come out of Sport Mode. Never happened before with 33K miles.
Well, it only happened a couple of times for me, but I sold the truck in June and moved up to a 350.

Stealthytt

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
Hey Jim, they did replace it, I think it was the actual switch itself. Has not happened since, take it in and let them know my dealer found the problem without issue.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I know this is an old thread, anyone else having this issue? 2 weeks ago my truck started flipping out of sport and eco mode into normal with the same message popping up, drive mode not available. It's doesn't do it every time and cannot pinpoint what criteria is causing this. Had it into dealer, they can't replicate and don't see any error codes.
Sponsored