Sponsored

remtiwk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hi Guys,
This is my first post, but I've been lurking and reading the forums a ton the last while. :)All the pictures, and info were super helpful in my decisions. (y) I pulled the trigger yesterday, and ordered 2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost. So who knows when in the world I'll get it. Dealer thought at least 3 months.

I submitted it to the Google Form on this thread.

Thanks again.
Sponsored

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum PB (on order 1/3/23)
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
Hi Guys,
This is my first post, but I've been lurking and reading the forums a ton the last while. :)All the pictures, and info were super helpful in my decisions. (y) I pulled the trigger yesterday, and ordered 2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost. So who knows when in the world I'll get it. Dealer thought at least 3 months.

I submitted it to the Google Form on this thread.

Thanks again.
Welcome aboard! I ordered my Lariat Powerboost on December 8th and got a VIN this week. My production week is 2/8/21 so I'm hoping for delivery by end of February. Three months seems like a long time but once you get a VIN and can see updates yourself it makes the wait a bit more palatable. Here's hoping for a quick turnaround for you!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Thanks CurryBob, you've been a ray of sunshine during this frustrating experience. I've been over to the other F150 site and have to say, this crowd is much more civil and helpful. Hope your truck arrives soon.

As for me, my truck is still in transit with no official ship date on the tracker. But I've worked out with the dealer to take a similar build on an carbonized gray which wasn't pre-production but seems to have shipped late December according to the tracker. I would be giving up the max tow but gaining 20" sport wheels plus not having to deal with constantly cleaning a black truck. Not easy during NY winters.

I really envy you retired folks. I'm still 5 years away from considering it.
Thank you Chris!
Sounds like a better plan getting out of the black, I'm not a fan of black, I think they look very sharp but like you said keeping it clean to look that way is a full time job.

Retirement is whole different world and I love it, was lucky enough to retire at 56 and just hit 8 years now. When you are having fun and doing whatever you want, even if that means nothing. Only problem seems to be time speeds up when you are in this much bliss. Lol

Glad you got what you want coming hopefully faster too!
Bob, Any update today?
I'm getting pretty frustrated with Ford's lack of ability to move the trucks from the plant to the dealership. They have some very serious logistic issues they need to overcome.
No change yet but have a plan, all I can say is, lets go have a tall cold beer and chill for awhile. Maybe some hot wings and fried dill pickle spears! :sneaky:

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
You guys going to really miss me when I finally get my truck, RIGHT??? Lol

Actually, I apologize to everyone here, I feel like I'm butting in a lot and maybe giving opinions when not always asked, I've been trying lay back more and keep my fingers zipped. :unsure:

I'll still hang around some, just not 5 times per day!!
ONLY 5 times a day?

No apology necessary!

Keep butting in.
If I'm still here 2 days after receiving my truck, and haven't abandoned this forum, then you have no excuse to disappear either. ;):p?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
ONLY 5 times a day?

No apology necessary!

Keep butting in.
If I'm still here 2 days after receiving my truck, and haven't abandoned this forum, then you have no excuse to disappear either. ;):p?
You got it Paul!

How is your baby performing?? I guess you guys are fighting a lot of snow there?

Sponsored

hunter406

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 3500, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Insurance Analyst
Welcome aboard! I ordered my Lariat Powerboost on December 8th and got a VIN this week. My production week is 2/8/21 so I'm hoping for delivery by end of February. Three months seems like a long time but once you get a VIN and can see updates yourself it makes the wait a bit more palatable. Here's hoping for a quick turnaround for you!
2/8/21. Nice. There have been many scheduled for 2/1/21 and I was thinking that was just an arbitrary date they assigned to keep those with orders from abandoning ship.

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
You got it Paul!

How is your baby performing?? I guess you guys are fighting a lot of snow there?
Not much snow.....yet, but the reality is inevitable.

So far I can confirm that it was worth the wait, you will agree as soon as yours arrives. All your frustration of the wait will evaporate the minute you see it and drive it.

First impressions driving is how unbelievably quiet it is inside the cab, and how smoothly it rides (NOT truck-like at all). HUGE improvement over the 2020s.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Not much snow.....yet, but the reality is inevitable.

So far I can confirm that it was worth the wait, you will agree as soon as yours arrives. All your frustration of the wait will evaporate the minute you see it and drive it.

First impressions driving is how unbelievably quiet it is inside the cab, and how smoothly it rides (NOT truck-like at all). HUGE improvement over the 2020s.
Well coming from a 2020 owner that is really saying something.

I'm with you in feeling, Ford has really hit it out of the park with this Generation 14, even though they started later, I bet they hit a production record this year, even with all the manufacturing issues.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Well coming from a 2020 owner that is really saying something.

I'm with you in feeling, Ford has really hit it out of the park with this Generation 14, even though they started later, I bet they hit a production record this year, even with all the manufacturing issues.
Here’s to 1 million F-150’s in 2021!

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I placed my order back in Aug-26 still no VIN.
Good grief!! Are you sure your dealer sent it in or had allocations for yours??

No reason for that unless you ordered Diesel.

Blue Cane.

First Name
Rigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retail
Good grief!! Are you sure your dealer sent it in or had allocations for yours??

No reason for that unless you ordered Diesel.
[/QUOTE

I was told that they had a hold on it for parts more so work bench, now they’re going to send it to the front of the line so they say.

Blue Cane.

First Name
Rigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retail
I have told my wife twice that I’m going to cancel the order but I really need a truck I have been contemplating buy something else.

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)
Would it be possible to provide a sort of this list by ”order date”? It may help those of us waiting so long with some better knowledge of the issues and/or give us some ammo to take to the dealer.
Sponsored