Sponsored

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
Order F150 XLT V8 302A pkg. Date August 26. Made small changes a few weeks later from 20inch rims to 18inch. Added Tow pkg 360 camera.
An actual Costco price quote? Do you know how they calculated this? Something below Invoice?

Blue Cane.

First Name
Rigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retail
The dealer is going to contact me this Friday to follow up with the status of the order, I was told by the dealer that they are moving the priority order# from 14 to 1.

Blue Cane.

First Name
Rigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retail
An actual Costco price quote? Do you know how they calculated this? Something below Invoice?
Let me give the wife credit here, she’s the one that got that Costco price added to the invoice. We are Costco executive members and Costco gives discount to its members my understanding of it was that the dealer went into Costco car buying program and spec the truck vs Costco specs and came up with that final number.

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Let me give the wife credit here, she’s the one that got that Costco price added to the invoice. We are Costco executive members and Costco gives discount to its members my understanding of it was that the dealer went into Costco car buying program and spec the truck vs Costco specs and came up with that final number.
Executive member as well. I've had a Costco Auto order since early September with the local Costco Approved Ford Dealer. That truck is to be built on the 20th, but I STILL do NOT have a price. You can build your truck on CostcoAuto.com, but it won't give you the "Costco" pricing, just MSRP and Invoice.

As a result, I order from Albert with Granger in October, and that truck has been built and is now in delivery black hole, trying to make a circuitous route from Dearborn to KC to Granger, Iowa so I can fly up and take delivery.

Sponsored

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just did my best at trying to build your truck on CostcoAuto.com. Foldable Bed Extension must've gone up in price as it's showing $385 MSPR/$351 Invoice. With all of that taken into account, your build on CostcoAuto is: MSRP of $56,155. Invoice of $52,353.

With the dealer giving you an extra $1000 in "delay" discount, he's brought his offer price down to $52,934.00, which is a bit higher than Invoice and pretty comparable to "x-plan" pricing. I realize that your order has been in the queue for a very, very long time, but I think you can do better. For example, Albert with Granger would sell you this truck for $1650 BELOW invoice, and still honor your $2000 private offer rebate. Just saying...

kwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2021 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Corporate Finance
I just made a deposit on my build today (submitted the google form) and have a question on my build sheet. I made sure the salesperson knew I was planning on X-plan, and I made mention of it multiple times. Below it looks like they just went with invoice which is pretty much x-plan so I'm not bothered by it but I'm wondering if that's normal? For what it's worth, the salesperson seemed like it was her first day on the job and I was correcting her on a lot of what came standard on the platinum and what didn't (kindly of course).
Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 6.16.00 PM

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Congrats! What are the dealer fees? The X-plan price is capped at $100, so although invoice is a teensie bit better than X, you can take a hit on their "mandatory fees"

kwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2021 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Corporate Finance
Congrats! What are the dealer fees? The X-plan price is capped at $100, so although invoice is a teensie bit better than X, you can take a hit on their "mandatory fees"
Thanks! Good call, might have to bring that up when I do financing. Fees are looking like $600. Unless vehicle theft assistance is also a dealer fee then its an additional $1.1k.
Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 6.52.23 PM

Boosted0407

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2016 BMW 340i, 2018 BMW X1
I have told my wife twice that I’m going to cancel the order but I really need a truck I have been contemplating buy something else.
I was in the same boat... ordered a Lariat in October and an XLT in November. Neither one had a VIN by Jan1, so I just started searching around for 2021s in stock. Ended up getting a much better deal going to Cowles Ford in Virginia. A little drive, but WAY worth it.

Sponsored

Blue Cane.

First Name
Rigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retail
I was in the same boat... ordered a Lariat in October and an XLT in November. Neither one had a VIN by Jan1, so I just started searching around for 2021s in stock. Ended up getting a much better deal going to Cowles Ford in Virginia. A little drive, but WAY worth it.
I been looking for one, no luck! I’m in CA. Near Sacramento, Inventory sucks! Nothing that I’m going to to be happy with if I let my emotions make the final decision.

Blue Cane.

First Name
Rigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retail
Just did my best at trying to build your truck on CostcoAuto.com. Foldable Bed Extension must've gone up in price as it's showing $385 MSPR/$351 Invoice. With all of that taken into account, your build on CostcoAuto is: MSRP of $56,155. Invoice of $52,353.

With the dealer giving you an extra $1000 in "delay" discount, he's brought his offer price down to $52,934.00, which is a bit higher than Invoice and pretty comparable to "x-plan" pricing. I realize that your order has been in the queue for a very, very long time, but I think you can do better. For example, Albert with Granger would sell you this truck for $1650 BELOW invoice, and still honor your $2000 private offer rebate. Just saying...
Thank you for your advice, the things is I live in CA. I just need to stay positive about my situation.

longbow42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A8L, Ford F150 Platinum PowerBoost
I just made a deposit on my build today (submitted the google form) and have a question on my build sheet. I made sure the salesperson knew I was planning on X-plan, and I made mention of it multiple times. Below it looks like they just went with invoice which is pretty much x-plan so I'm not bothered by it but I'm wondering if that's normal? For what it's worth, the salesperson seemed like it was her first day on the job and I was correcting her on a lot of what came standard on the platinum and what didn't (kindly of course).
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 6.16.00 PM.png
Your color and order looks almost identical to my Platty order.

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you for your advice, the things is I live in CA. I just need to stay positive about my situation.
Albert with Granger has some stock orders coming in. Check out the Grangerford.com web site. You may find what you're looking for. 1700 miles from Sacremento to Granger. My journey there is about 1400 from Florida. On the bright side, cheap flights on Delta with no change fees.

Last edited:

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Thanks! Good call, might have to bring that up when I do financing. Fees are looking like $600. Unless vehicle theft assistance is also a dealer fee then its an additional $1.1k.
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 6.52.23 PM.png
I would say BS on Vehicle Theft fee (?) and some of their other fees
Sponsored