Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford F350 4x4 7.3 ltr 163,000 mile trading
Occupation
Heavy Mechanic /US ARMY 35 YRS (ret)/ Caterpillar / Pacific gas Electric
BS!!!!
Ford knows exactly what is going on and the regional rep is useless. They are puppets doing exactly what Ford has orchestrated. Damage control is the main function. If Ford was customer focused they would have gathered all the boneyard truck orders and produced new orders the first production week the chips were available. Problem is they realized very early the labor intensive process of reviving these trucks is going to take several months. Then the geniuses parked them first in so they can't get to the oldest trucks without moving the entire bunch so they can't honor their commitment to revive them oldest to newest. They could have produced the entire bunch in one production week.
A mess likely but I found another truck today with 95% of what I ordered and was processed 04 15 2021 one day after mine was and in Kansas City that was shut down and it got built , so this shut down is some one playing games , so I found this truck and made a deposit on it , why cancel a truck they cannot find , just order another truck Ford will eat it. It’s not even delivered yet but I can watch it and it has a ship date.
Sponsored

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat PB (Job 1)
A mess likely but I found another truck today with 95% of what I ordered and was processed 04 15 2021 one day after mine was and in Kansas City that was shut down and it got built , so this shut down is some one playing games , so I found this truck and made a deposit on it , why cancel a truck they cannot find , just order another truck Ford will eat it. It’s not even delivered yet but I can watch it and it has a ship date.
In a previous thread, you said your blend date was 4/21 (after the shutdown). The tracking status would have changed to "In Production" on 4/14, one week prior to your actual build date, but that doesn't mean it was started on 4/14. It would still only begin on or after your blend of 4/21.

Sounds like the truck you found had a "blend" date on or around 4/15, before the shutdown on 4/19.

Mark Fischer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
In a previous thread, you said your blend date was 4/21 (after the shutdown). The tracking status would have changed to "In Production" on 4/14, one week prior to your actual build date, but that doesn't mean it was started on 4/14. It would still only begin on or after your blend of 4/21.

Sounds like the truck you found had a "blend" date on or around 4/15, before the shutdown on 4/19.
Blend date w

blend date was 20210507 , bottom date on window sticker 04 15 2021 , mine was blend date 20210421 and bottom date 04 14 2021 , I check window sticker dates to show me where the vehicle might have been in production how inaccurate Ford logistic‘s are they have no clue where trucks are in production , so if mine made production these 2 vehicles had to be close in production there painted the same color with about 75% of what I ordered , this truck is not Fx4 or b&o stereo so I get what I can. Being my truck is somewhere out there but they cannot find it, which is hard to believe , my vin 1FTFW1E8XMKE05340 order # F011 you can check maybe can see something different , I have run the Ford tracker no change and this site tracker has had no changes in a month , I tired of excuses just tell something but not that they cannot find it.

Last edited:

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You might want to check it again today for some good news.

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] 1624458227266

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blend date was 20210507 , bottom date on window sticker 04 15 2021 , mine was blend date 20210421 and bottom date 04 14 2021 , I check window sticker dates to show me where the vehicle might have been in production how inaccurate Ford logistic‘s are they have no clue where trucks are in production , so if mine made production these 2 vehicles had to be close in production there painted the same color with about 75% of what I ordered , this truck is not Fx4 or b&o stereo so I get what I can. Being my truck is somewhere out there but they cannot find it, which is hard to believe , my vin 1FTFW1E8XMKE05340 order # F011 you can check maybe can see something different , I have run the Ford tracker no change and this site tracker has had no changes in a month , I tired of excuses just tell something but not that they cannot find it.
Ignore the date at the bottom of the window sticker, it's meaningless. Your blend date on your sticker still shows 4/21, but with the plant being shutdown on that date, and for an additional 6 weeks after, with a limited startup and other trucks being scheduled during the shutdown, it's frustrating, but not surprising that your build date had to be pushed.

Similar vehicles are not an indication of your vehicles build status. They don't build similar vehicles together.

In any event, looks like your truck started it's journey down the production line yesterday, finally. If the current ETA holds, which we should expect that it will, you should see your truck in about a month. Total time from order to delivery will be very similar to mine.

Good luck!

Sponsored

Mark Fischer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ignore the date at the bottom of the window sticker, it's meaningless. Your blend date on your sticker still shows 4/21, but with the plant being shutdown on that date, and for an additional 6 weeks after, with a limited startup and other trucks being scheduled during the shutdown, it's frustrating, but not surprising that your build date had to be pushed.

Similar vehicles are not an indication of your vehicles build status. They don't build similar vehicles together.

In any event, looks like your truck started it's journey down the production line yesterday, finally. If the current ETA holds, which we should expect that it will, you should see your truck in about a month. Total time from order to delivery will be very similar to mine.

Good luck!
Thank for finding some information that
the dealers are not getting or there not giving out, I been a true Ford believer for over 40 years so hard to finally have the money to order a new truck but be put on hold , thank you

bowenbe

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Powerboost 6.5
I filled in the order tracking form for my 2021 XLT SuperCrew 6.5 box PowerBoost. It's been stuck on October 31 delivery date for a month now. Hopefully I don't have to wait that long as I'm without a truck since March 2nd.

ThunderBubba

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 F150, 2018 Explorer
Occupation
Retired
OK Dumb question (1st of many). On the order sheet there is a Priority Code. What does the number mean? Mine BTW is an 80. Is that good or should I expect this truck to turn into a 2022 model considering the chip shortage?

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OK Dumb question (1st of many). On the order sheet there is a Priority Code. What does the number mean? Mine BTW is an 80. Is that good or should I expect this truck to turn into a 2022 model considering the chip shortage?
  • Priority Code - The Priority Code is used to determine the timeline of your truck order being pulled against all the other orders your dealer has in the system. The lower the number the better. This impacts when Ford accepts your order.
    • 1-9 is Ford internal. Have to be at least a Zone Manager to assign these number.
    • 10 through 19 is for customer "retail" orders.
    • 20 through 80 is for dealer stock

The 80 likely means nothing at this point, because dealers can't submit stock orders and retail (customer orders) can only be 10-19.

Many dealers, when quoting out a truck, will use a generic priority code. When they actually enter it into the ordering system for submission, they'll change it.

ThunderBubba

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 F150, 2018 Explorer
Occupation
Retired
  • Priority Code - The Priority Code is used to determine the timeline of your truck order being pulled against all the other orders your dealer has in the system. The lower the number the better. This impacts when Ford accepts your order.
    • 1-9 is Ford internal. Have to be at least a Zone Manager to assign these number.
    • 10 through 19 is for customer "retail" orders.
    • 20 through 80 is for dealer stock

The 80 likely means nothing at this point, because dealers can't submit stock orders and retail (customer orders) can only be 10-19.

Many dealers, when quoting out a truck, will use a generic priority code. When they actually enter it into the ordering system for submission, they'll change it.

So with the chip shortage and the 2022 production date looming in September do you think it is reasonable to expect Ford to be able to fill my 2021 order? I haven't been this jazzed about getting a new vehicle since I waited MANY months for my 2002 Thunderbird. And thanks for the info Joe.

Sponsored

Jloyd98

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Sport 302a PB
I ordered my XLT 302a Powerboost 5/14. I just checked with my sales lady to see if anything was new or if I’d been assigned a VIN yet. I wasn’t aware that Dearborn had shut down again. Pretty sure her reply was mostly BS lol.

I spoke with my Ford Manager and his best guess is that the truck will be here at the end of September. You are still in the order processing phase as Ford just re-opened the plant again yesterday. There is no VIN assigned just yet.

So your truck is up next! :) Your order was selected yesterday!

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
I ordered my XLT 302a Powerboost 5/14. I just checked with my sales lady to see if anything was new or if I’d been assigned a VIN yet. I wasn’t aware that Dearborn had shut down again. Pretty sure her reply was mostly BS lol.

I spoke with my Ford Manager and his best guess is that the truck will be here at the end of September. You are still in the order processing phase as Ford just re-opened the plant again yesterday. There is no VIN assigned just yet.

Dearborn reopened on 6/14. The problem is they are backed up and your order is unscheduled. They may start scheduling again next week. Unless they run out of chips again September is probably a valid delivery date.

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
So with the chip shortage and the 2022 production date looming in September do you think it is reasonable to expect Ford to be able to fill my 2021 order? I haven't been this jazzed about getting a new vehicle since I waited MANY months for my 2002 Thunderbird. And thanks for the info Joe.
Has anyone confirmed 22 production is going to begin in September. The only info I have seen is orders are opening for 22my in September

Mark Fischer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Google : mache vin viewer , vin # and order # give it a try

Jloyd98

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Sport 302a PB
Google : mache vin viewer , vin # and order # give it a try

I don't have a VIN yet. ill give them a few weeks and check back. I get the sense that they aren't going to keep me up to date with the situation.
Sponsored