Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 1999 F150, 1979 Bronco
Occupation
Engineer (Retired)
Posted order #0317
Super Crew, XLT, 3.5 EB, 3.73, Max Tow, Max Payload, FX4, Velocity Blue Metallic, Two-Tone Paint
I have a VIN but no build date.
Sponsored

fmozza

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 xlt fx4
Occupation
retired
Well if anyone out there that has tracker working can you please check Vin 1FTFW1E8XMKE05340 ORDER # F011 , I have tried tracker but is has not changed for a month now. Help please.
I can see it. Maybe remove your browser cookies, etc, and try again.

Mark Fischer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford F350 4x4 7.3 ltr 163,000 mile trading
Occupation
Heavy Mechanic /US ARMY 35 YRS (ret)/ Caterpillar / Pacific gas Electric
Thanks will try.
I see it but nothing , dates have not changed in a month , got updated door sticker order date 04-14-2021 , and blend date 0421 , used to have delivery date on 05-19-2021 now you see 1990-01-01 ,

HJL

First Name
Harv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR 5.0, 2006 Escape
Occupation
Self employed
Gave her one last bath this weekend before I drop it off at the dealer and pick-up my KR on Tuesday. Going to miss the black but the Star White is still my favorite. I'm sure my Canadian dealer will send my 18 to the US so if you know of anyone needing a good truck with only 60K (37k Miles) let me know and I can pass it on to the dealer.

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] 20210613_203034

Sponsored

fmozza

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 xlt fx4
Occupation
retired
I see it but nothing , dates have not changed in a month , got updated door sticker order date 04-14-2021 , and blend date 0421 , used to have delivery date on 05-19-2021 now you see 1990-01-01 ,
I think what you're seeing is Ford trying to cope with the chaos of the supply chain. I don't think what you see in the order tracker or even on Window sticker has a significant bearing on reality.

I bet every plant has a bunch of folks trying to manage and optimize the build process with spreadsheets and attempting to update their systems at the end of every build stage. Call your dealer - they have access to a Ford rep who would be the only person that could get more information, maybe...

The bottom line is that this whole thing is most definitely a mess and it is not a simple problem to solve. There are a lot of things outside of Ford's control.

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
I think what you're seeing is Ford trying to cope with the chaos of the supply chain. I don't think what you see in the order tracker or even on Window sticker has a significant bearing on reality.

I bet every plant has a bunch of folks trying to manage and optimize the build process with spreadsheets and attempting to update their systems at the end of every build stage. Call your dealer - they have access to a Ford rep who would be the only person that could get more information, maybe...

The bottom line is that this whole thing is most definitely a mess and it is not a simple problem to solve. There are a lot of things outside of Ford's control.
BS!!!!
Ford knows exactly what is going on and the regional rep is useless. They are puppets doing exactly what Ford has orchestrated. Damage control is the main function. If Ford was customer focused they would have gathered all the boneyard truck orders and produced new orders the first production week the chips were available. Problem is they realized very early the labor intensive process of reviving these trucks is going to take several months. Then the geniuses parked them first in so they can't get to the oldest trucks without moving the entire bunch so they can't honor their commitment to revive them oldest to newest. They could have produced the entire bunch in one production week.

fmozza

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 xlt fx4
Occupation
retired
Well, clearly you're frustrated ... here's the way I look at it:

1. The #1 job of the CEO is to keep the shareholders happy, not us consumers - this is reality.

2. Jim Farley is not sitting in his office wondering how he can piss off customers... probably more than you or I, he wants trucks sold, built and delivered so the $$ flow in and Wall Street can dance with joy.

3. There is a turd in the punch bowl called a supply chain that has failed, and there is no easy solution to fix it. Ford execs are only now beginning to realize they don't sell cars, vans and trucks - they sell software packaged into something on wheels. The engineers have known this for a long time, but not the execs, and this is where they screwed up. They probably have multiple supply source agreements for all the non-electronic components, but they clearly don't have this for all the modules required for these trucks.

4. My concern is not so much the time it is taking to get the truck I ordered, but rather it is the quality of the truck: quality depends on engineering and the assembly process, and when they break the manufacturing/assembly process, I think quality is going to suffer. This is what will drive my decision to proceed or cancel my order. I think they need to extend warranties by 12 to 18 months.

I work for a major technology that has similar issues, even with multiple sources for the components of our products because somewhere down the line, the supply chains converge to too few manufacturers. This is impacting every industry because we all depend on the same supply chain, and it's broken.

At the end of the day, we consumers created the problem: we elected politicians who frolic in the public trough and slurp $$ from lobbyists, buy from companies with disingenuous marketing, and all of this topped by a lack of ethics across the board. It'll get worse before it gets better...

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
Well, clearly you're frustrated ... here's the way I look at it:

1. The #1 job of the CEO is to keep the shareholders happy, not us consumers - this is reality.

2. Jim Farley is not sitting in his office wondering how he can piss off customers... probably more than you or I, he wants trucks sold, built and delivered so the $$ flow in and Wall Street can dance with joy.

3. There is a turd in the punch bowl called a supply chain that has failed, and there is no easy solution to fix it. Ford execs are only now beginning to realize they don't sell cars, vans and trucks - they sell software packaged into something on wheels. The engineers have known this for a long time, but not the execs, and this is where they screwed up. They probably have multiple supply source agreements for all the non-electronic components, but they clearly don't have this for all the modules required for these trucks.

4. My concern is not so much the time it is taking to get the truck I ordered, but rather it is the quality of the truck: quality depends on engineering and the assembly process, and when they break the manufacturing/assembly process, I think quality is going to suffer. This is what will drive my decision to proceed or cancel my order. I think they need to extend warranties by 12 to 18 months.

I work for a major technology that has similar issues, even with multiple sources for the components of our products because somewhere down the line, the supply chains converge to too few manufacturers. This is impacting every industry because we all depend on the same supply chain, and it's broken.

At the end of the day, we consumers created the problem: we elected politicians who frolic in the public trough and slurp $$ from lobbyists, buy from companies with disingenuous marketing, and all of this topped by a lack of ethics across the board. It'll get worse before it gets better...
Yes, you right but without customers shareholders are going to suffer.

Ford is the only auto maker that is going to report a 30% downward adjustment in sales 2021 over 2019. The only one. No other manufacturer has THOUSANDS of partially built trucks that have been sitting in an outdoor parking lot for at least 3 months with several months to go.

Jim Farley is AWOL. He spends all his time on social media spewing yet more fantasies about Lightnings, Broncos and Mavericks that will not be delivered anywhere close to his forecast.

I understand the supply chain issues, I am in the lumber business, it's how Ford has handled this that is horrible. Lie after lie about testing and shipping these boneyard trucks first all the while knowing that was not their intentions.

I have been a Ford customer exclusively for over 40 years. Currently I own 14 trucks and SUV's, all 2015 and newer and XLT or higher. This will be the last and that is only because Ford has me painted in a corner with no other viable option in the near future.

Prufrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB
understand the supply chain issues, I am in the lumber business, it's how Ford has handled this that is horrible. Lie after lie about testing and shipping these boneyard trucks first all the while knowing that was not their intentions.
Agreed. The supply chain issues were mismanaged but out of their control. It's their utter lack of communication about the situation to order holders which has been unacceptable.

Sorry for being off topic, but being in the lumber biz, how do you see lumber prices in the second half of this year? Continue to lower back to "normal" or ongoing volatility like crypto currency?

Sponsored

fmozza

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 xlt fx4
Occupation
retired
Yes, you right but without customers shareholders are going to suffer.

Ford is the only auto maker that is going to report a 30% downward adjustment in sales 2021 over 2019. The only one. No other manufacturer has THOUSANDS of partially built trucks that have been sitting in an outdoor parking lot for at least 3 months with several months to go.

Jim Farley is AWOL. He spends all his time on social media spewing yet more fantasies about Lightnings, Broncos and Mavericks that will not be delivered anywhere close to his forecast.

I understand the supply chain issues, I am in the lumber business, it's how Ford has handled this that is horrible. Lie after lie about testing and shipping these boneyard trucks first all the while knowing that was not their intentions.

I have been a Ford customer exclusively for over 40 years. Currently I own 14 trucks and SUV's, all 2015 and newer and XLT or higher. This will be the last and that is only because Ford has me painted in a corner with no other viable option in the near future.
Agreed - Ford has not managed this well. All they needed to do was to be honest about what they are facing and how they are dealing with it.

Another itidbit - Jim Farley is related to Chris Farley - looks like just another "acting" CEO ....

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
Agreed. The supply chain issues were mismanaged but out of their control. It's their utter lack of communication about the situation to order holders which has been unacceptable.

Sorry for being off topic, but being in the lumber biz, how do you see lumber prices in the second half of this year? Continue to lower back to "normal" or ongoing volatility like crypto currency?
In general I think they are leveling off and slightly dipping. Panel products are still on allocation and practically impossible to secure. If the market would just cool a little the prices would adjust down but I think it will be after winter before any major reduction takes place.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Agreed - Ford has not managed this well. All they needed to do was to be honest about what they are facing and how they are dealing with it.

Another itidbit - Jim Farley is related to Chris Farley - looks like just another "acting" CEO ....
I also agree. we all understand the supply chain issues, and to some extent this is out of the control of Farley et al. I genuinely feel sorry for the mid level purchasing agent who is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

What surprises me is how the spin doctors at FoMoCo have missed the boat on this. Why the hell wouldn't they paint everyone else as the enemy in the supply chain. Why wouldn't they tell their customers how sorry they are that they cant build our trucks (y'know because of the evil Tiwanese chip makers.) and cry crocodile tears about how hard they are working to rectify things for us...

Instead its radio silence from Detroit.

the.harold.c

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reserved - Lightning Pro
Occupation
Retired
Finally had enough of the radio silence and cancelled my order. I feel relieved already.

I reserved a lightning, and will see if their new focus translates into a better ordering experience etc.

If not, I'll just find myself another classic F100 / C10.
Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] ACA493B7-BE43-40D2-A10D-8FF5EE09CD35.JPG

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2019 Expedition
Well, the saga continues (Vin 1FTFW1E87MFB55161). As a recap, I ordered 12/02/2020, received VIN number in 04/21', truck was built last week of 05/21' and is currently being shipped. I had high hopes of having it by the end of this month (06/21') however my delivery date shows 07/11/2021. Here's the latest goofy part; The final landing place for the truck is central ND. Truck gets built in Dearborn MI (1183 miles by car east of ND), gets loaded on rail, passes through ND & MT and is now sitting in Wenatchee, WA; 1101 miles west of ND! You read that right, it has traveled almost 2,300 miles, passed within 100 miles of the final destination and is sitting almost as far away as when it was built. Who the hell organized those logistics! It should've been offloaded at the Minneapolis/St. Paul ramp. You can't even make this stuff up.
I live in NW MN and I thought all vehicles for our area and ND got delivered by rail to the yard in Dilworth, MN just east of Fargo, ND?
Sponsored