Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Anyone has any idea how long it would more or less take from production start till you actually receive your truck at the dealer?

Who knows?
Maybe 3ish months?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 King Ranch F150; 2020 Lexus RX350; 2016 Dodge Challanger Hellcat
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Just placed my order for a 21' Platinum FX4, Star White, Carmelo, 3.0 Powerstroke, everything nice checked except max recline seats. $1500 under invoice plus any applicable rebates.
That is a very good price! Good job.

Agashi25
There are a lot of variables in a question like that. If your order does not include something on hold, then once production begins to the level of "OKTB OK to Buy" status the average time is 8 to 10 weeks to arrive at the dealer.

Reeltime

Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Maxima
I did not sign up for a test drive, but i got the email for the $2500 cash reward. I think i just requested the brochure a while back. I have a truck on order, so i sent the email to my salesman and asked if i could use this. I would assume i could, IF my truck comes in before January 4th. I really hope so, as that would pay for spray in bed liner and Bac Flip bed cover. And maybe extended warranty!
Can you tell me how to request a brochure. Only thing I can find in a download for the brochure. Is that what you did?

Jazroc56

First Name
Brett
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F1-50 Platinum, 2021 F 1-50 Platinum (ordered)
Occupation
Retired Army, Bartender
So I ordered my my truck on 31-Jul-20, and still no VIN. This is what my dealer sent me this morning. Does this make any sense? I'm getting frustrated because I thought that my early order would at least get me closer to the front of line.
IMG_2506.PNG

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
So I ordered my my truck on 31-Jul-20, and still no VIN. This is what my dealer sent me this morning. Does this make any sense? I'm getting frustrated because I thought that my early order would at least get me closer to the front of line.
IMG_2506.PNG
Interesting. This means that all of the orders that have been scheduled, were submitted as dealer stock. This could be good for those people from a time perspective, but also means that they are getting produced before the first mass production stage has been reviewed and any issues have been addressed. Long term this is probably a win for us who are waiting for retail orders. I would suspect many of us will see our order get picked up after this happens. Now, what I don't know is how long after productions starts MP1 lasts on average? Maybe someone with more of an insider view, @Granger Ford I'm looking at you :), could explain the process, and correct me if I am wrong here.

Thanks!

Granger Ford

First Name
Albert
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Director for Granger Motors
Interesting. This means that all of the orders that have been scheduled, were submitted as dealer stock. This could be good for those people from a time perspective, but also means that they are getting produced before the first mass production stage has been reviewed and any issues have been addressed. Long term this is probably a win for us who are waiting for retail orders. I would suspect many of us will see our order get picked up after this happens. Now, what I don't know is how long after productions starts MP1 lasts on average? Maybe someone with more of an insider view, @Granger Ford I'm looking at you :), could explain the process, and correct me if I am wrong here.

Thanks!
The initial retail orders were pushed back, usually happens at the first of any major changes...

The firs ones go to Ford to use and check QC, dealerships will get some initial inventory, if a problem is found then Ford can put a stop sale till there is a fix (2013 Escape comes to mind)..

They would rather have some control over the first batches...

Think about it this way, if you had one and you had to bring it back to the dealership to sit because it cannot be driven how would you feel about spending major money and have is sit on a dealers back lot waiting for a fix...

Not condoning or trying to excuse this, it is just the reality that we live with...

21PlatiDZL

First Name
Mickle
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum Diesel FX4
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
The initial retail orders were pushed back, usually happens at the first of any major changes...

The firs ones go to Ford to use and check QC, dealerships will get some initial inventory, if a problem is found then Ford can put a stop sale till there is a fix (2013 Escape comes to mind)..

They would rather have some control over the first batches...

Think about it this way, if you had one and you had to bring it back to the dealership to sit because it cannot be driven how would you feel about spending major money and have is sit on a dealers back lot waiting for a fix...

Not condoning or trying to excuse this, it is just the reality that we live with...

I take it then that the Powerstroke orders wont be pulled at least until 11/30, along with orders with max recline seats? I chose the powerstroke and left out max recline because I didnt want to delay the truck any further. But if it wont, then i may just add on the max recline after all.

Granger Ford

First Name
Albert
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Director for Granger Motors
I take it then that the Powerstroke orders wont be pulled at least until 11/30, along with orders with max recline seats? I chose the powerstroke and left out max recline because I didnt want to delay the truck any further. But if it wont, then i may just add on the max recline after all.
The timing on the engine and max recline may also play into your dealer allocation for the F-150 retail orders...

DigitalG

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford F150 Harley Davidson 4x4; 2019 Lincoln Nautilus Reserve AWD; 2019 Toyota CH-R; 2020 Tracker Off-Road LX4
Occupation
Wounded Warrior Social Worker; Retired from US Air Force
Ordered a 2021 Limited 4x4 (Antimatter Blue) with the 3.5L PB Full Hybrid yesterday through my local Ford dealership. Just completed the Orders Tracking List Submission Form but do not have the order number yet. Will update once received. UPDATE 16 Oct 2020: Attaching a copy of my Build Sheet.

2021 Ford F150 Limited 4x4 Build Sheet.jpg

Last edited:

currybob

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 King Ranch F150; 2020 Lexus RX350; 2016 Dodge Challanger Hellcat
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Ordered a 2021 Limited 4x4 (Antimatter Blue) with the 3.5L PB Full Hybrid yesterday through my local Ford dealership. Just completed the Orders Tracking List Submission Form but do not have the order number yet. Will update once received.
Congrats to you!! She sounds like a beauty and good luck with your order!

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
Energy
Can anyone confirm if going to the website, signing up for "Get Updates" (mail and email) actually results in getting the $2500 cash back offer?

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Can anyone confirm if going to the website, signing up for "Get Updates" (mail and email) actually results in getting the $2500 cash back offer?
Nobody actually knows for sure. Just do everything you can to put your updated information in fords hands and hope for the best.

Bills

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 ordered, 2019 JLUR Rubicon
Just got an update on my order, my truck is scheduled to be started on 11/30 currently. Not soon enough but at least I have more info than I did before.

Ric

First Name
Richard
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Crew,FX4, Lariat, 1975 L48 Corvette, 2016 Z06 Coupe,2017 Grand Sport Convt.,2017 Honda Pilot
Occupation
Retired
I have received a VIN on my order. It is a stock order but dealer did two for me, one stock and one retail and I get which ever comes first.

Their information is showing week of 26 Oct for the stock order for build week as of last Thursday.

Ordered a KR 4X4 powerboost pretty much loaded out, MSRP was around 76k. I have built it on the Ford build site but don't know how to copy the picture to post.

The VIN is not yet showing up on the Ford tracking site yet but knew it might be too early for that.
1FTFW1ED1MFA02062
Congratulation.
You are one step closer to delivery.
Where do I go to find a VIN.
Is it only available from the dealer or is it posted somewhere on a Ford site?

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Ok, everyone, this is where I went to request the brochures. I did 2020 model and 2021, I did email and some with mail to address. I made sure they had my address and email. https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/2021/?gnav=header-all-vehicles

On the Ford drive sigh up you can select a place, time and date and later go back and cancel. That way they still have your email and address.

One more thing I just remembered. As a Ford owner I did open an account at Ford as a owner and entered my trucks VIN. It's free and just a registration, It's where you can watch how to video's.

Good luck everyone
Just a heads up this has to be a dealer stock truck, not a retail order. I know some have ordered that way) and A/Z/X plan is ineligible.

Coreytime

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150
Just a heads up this has to be a dealer stock truck, not a retail order. I know some have ordered that way) and A/Z/X plan is ineligible.
Any of these dealers will sell at invoice which is the x plan price basically and not sure this info is accurate.

Advertisement

Advertisement