Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Dealer assigns the order number, Ford pulls orders from dealers usually on Thursdays.

If the dealer has quota for that month, Ford will pull it into the order processing. If they don't the order has to wait till they do and then it will be pulled.

Ford will assign it a VIN within a few days, and schedule a week for it to be produced. They have to check and make sure they have parts for the options of the vehicle, that also helps to determine the week of build.

This is just what I have learned over the many orders.
So we gotta get the VIN from the dealer. No way to look it up on our own?
Sponsored

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
new to this guys, is Order number the Sales Code?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
So we gotta get the VIN from the dealer. No way to look it up on our own?
Not that I know of.

TheWraith
Could be but I have always heard it refereed to as an order number, some dealers could call it something else.

Back when Ford had COTUS up and running you could check your order with you dealer code and order number. That system has be changed to this https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/ and it requires a VIN.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Well I got some movement to the better on my order, it seems to be moving in the right direction! They shaved 2 weeks off the build date to 13 of Nov now. Last week for a few days was showing 26 Nov.

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] Screenshot (3)

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
We've added a new VIN # field to the tracker sheet for anyone who wishes to share their VIN. This is an optional field, but the more info we have the more useful this tracker.

Many users have already added their estimated build date-week so our sheet now has info on Days Between Order Date and Build Date. (y)

If you've already entered your order here, please continue to use our Change Request Form for any changes/additions to the sheet.

Thank you!

Sponsored

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
Received my VIN#, but the tracking link doesn't find it.
My dealer told me it's scheduled for late October.
Oh well, at least it's starting to get real. :cool:

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Received my VIN#, but the tracking link doesn't find it.
My dealer told me it's scheduled for late October.
Oh well, at least it's starting to get real. :cool:
Damn that’s awesome! Looks like I ordered a month after you. I was hoping it gets her in January because we’re moving out of the city then.. but shoot now that it’s ordered I hope it comes way earlier ?

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Troublemaker
Damn that’s awesome! Looks like I ordered a month after you. I was hoping it gets her in January because we’re moving out of the city then.. but shoot now that it’s ordered I hope it comes way earlier ?
If you ordered a month behind me, then logic should dictate that you'll receive it about a month later as well....provided you didn't order anything too exotic dependent on supply shortages/delays.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
If you ordered a month behind me, then logic should dictate that you'll receive it about a month later as well....provided you didn't order anything too exotic dependent on supply shortages/delays.
very true! I did not get anything new so it shouldn’t get delayed. Let me know when you get a delivery date!

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
I ordered by truck yesterday. In general, how long does it usually take before a VIN is assigned?

Sponsored

Sprke

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350 King Ranch, 2021 F150 Lariat (On order)
Just got home from placing my order. Platinum, super crew, 6-1/2’ bed, 701A, carbonized grey, black interior, interior work surface, FX4 package, locking fold flat rear storage.

would have done the spray in liner, but planning on running a “decked” bed system on this and figured it would cover it anyhow. Gave them my trade in today, hopefully I’ll get some order updates soon, hoping for late Nov but would love it sooner.

added to the tracker link also
Did you get the power boost? I also want to do the decked system but not sure if it‘ll work with the receptacle panel in the bed..

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Troublemaker
I ordered by truck yesterday. In general, how long does it usually take before a VIN is assigned?
So far it seems to take approximately a month from order date, but I think that could change to less time as the factories get up to full speed.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Once a VIN is assigned you cannot change options, correct?

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 ordered, 2019 JLUR Rubicon
Did you get the power boost? I also want to do the decked system but not sure if it‘ll work with the receptacle panel in the bed..
Yeah I got the power boost, really excited to get this truck and get it setup! And FYI I have had some communications from the Decked folks and they said they do not believe the current system will work with the receptacle panel location in the new 2021 trucks. They are waiting for some CAD files from ford to make adjustments to the system, and said that they would expect something by mid-2021 (ish). I am hoping that it is a less significant change than they think. (I have this in the bed accessories forums also).

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Actually it can be as quick as a week. It all depends on if your ordering dealer has allocation for the month or not.

If not he is waiting till his next allocation approval then will be longer. They can order without allocation it just won't process, it sits in a staging status wait to be processed, once processed they assign a VIN.

Roger
Depends on the change, I had previous orders right up to a week before the scheduled build. Major changes you have to cancel and re-order. Your dealer can submit whatever changes/additions you want and see if it takes. I changed my generator after I had gotten my VIN to the 7.2 kw system and we still waiting to see it that took or not. If parts are not available for the change/option you want it could hold up your build schedule. That is just my experience on my last 4 truck orders.
Sponsored

Last edited: