First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a PB FX4 5.5'
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I see a “backup warning chime” and “city safety” in the IPC. Has anyone tried these on a power boost to see if it turns off the external noise generator?
I haven't heard of anyone doing that but I'd love to know if it works.
Sponsored

ptricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I see a “backup warning chime” and “city safety” in the IPC. Has anyone tried these on a power boost to see if it turns off the external noise generator?
I opened the IPC module in Forscan and was disappointed to see both these were already disabled. I enabled them (no change) and disabled them again (also no change).

Blinky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
ABS 760-04-01 xxxx xxx8 xx-- adds Trail

ABS 760-04-01 xxxx xx8x xx-- adds Rock Crawl. Thanks @Livnitup!!
What's the difference between these? Is "Trail" like the Tremor Trail Control? (i.e. off road cruise control?)

I have an FX4, so already have Rock Crawl and Hill Descent control, but was curious if it's possible to turn on the 1 pedal driving trail control like the Tremor has. Or if it has some hardware differences that are present on the normal FX4.

Gator87

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5 ecoboost
Anyone know if you can turn off/disable the Trailer Disconnect Alarm? Mine if I leave the lights hook up and lock my doors the alarm will go off within 5 min ever time. Ford of course has no clue as always! Thanks!

Last edited:

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
What's the difference between these? Is "Trail" like the Tremor Trail Control? (i.e. off road cruise control?)

I have an FX4, so already have Rock Crawl and Hill Descent control, but was curious if it's possible to turn on the 1 pedal driving trail control like the Tremor has. Or if it has some hardware differences that are present on the normal FX4.
Trail is a 4x2 driving mode for light offroad. It's the only offroad option on 4x2.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...&userMarket=usa&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Anyone know if you can turn off/disable the Trailer Disconnect Alarm? Mine if I leave the lights hook up and lock my doors the alarm will go off within 5 min ever time. Ford of course has no clue as always! Thanks!
That explains it! I had my alarm go off twice while using a rental trailer the other day. I had it connected with the adapter if that makes any difference and just figured that it was flaky but it was all securely connected.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I received 2 OTA updates in recent days. Now, some of the modules that were there before in Forscan are gone. IPC being one of them. I literally cannot revert the track back to stock.

21PlatPB

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost, 2021 Mustang GT500
I received 2 OTA updates in recent days. Now, some of the modules that were there before in Forscan are gone. IPC being one of them. I literally cannot revert the track back to stock.
Uh oh, I’ve received 2 OTA updates recently too and was just planning on putting the truck back to stock before I take it in for some warranty work. I’ll see if I’m missing modules tomorrow.

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Uh oh, I’ve received 2 OTA updates recently too and was just planning on putting the truck back to stock before I take it in for some warranty work. I’ll see if I’m missing modules tomorrow.
Let me know please!

Sponsored

mil13r

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Sport 4X4
@Livnitup Curious if the below enables the mirror spotlights to be on over 5mph?

740/741-04-01xx**xxxxxx--SpotLight: 00=disabled, 01=enabled

thanks!

Last edited:

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 5.0 (sold), 21 PB (sold), 22 5.0
Occupation
Gearhead!

Trail seems to be a mode for medium speed trail driving. No lockers, higher rpms, and does not change you into or out of 4wd.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
@Livnitup do you happen to know where factory (vin specific) as built modules can be downloaded? My 2 recent OTA updates have changed modules for me and IPC is gone all together.

ptricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
What adapter is everyone using? My Vgate Vlinker FS has been giving me problems. Even after updating to the latest firmware on the website. And on the 2.7 EB I can't even get into the IPC. And sometimes, I get hung up when its searching for any modules after OBDII module. Any help would be awesome. Ordered an OBD Link EX just in case if the cable is actually a hot pile of garbage.

Edit: Contacted Vgate and they gave me an unreleased firmware. Still having issues where I cannot get past OBDII when its checking for modules. This issue is intermittent.
Having the same issue with that adapter. Could never get it to read past the OBDII module like yourself. I sent it back to Amazon and had them send me a new one thinking it was a bad cable but the issue persists. I ended up using an older cable that my buddy had with the manual switch which is working for me for now.

I sure hope they eventually get the firmware dialed so the Vlinker FS works though.
Sponsored