Sponsored

12 inch Screen has tiny scrape/nic - brand new

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
So I just got my truck last saturday, i’ve had the factory plastic screen topper on until today because I am getting a screen protector.

I took off the plastic off today to find a small mark/nic on the screen it’s not huge but noticeable!

Is it worth taking to the dealership and fixing under warranty? I’m guessing they would have to replace the whole screen which is it even worth it? With the waiting time and complications that could come with that?

Do you think a matte screen protector would cover it enough where you wouldn’t see the mark because of the gloss that way I wouldn’t see it as much?

Ford F-150 12 inch Screen has tiny scrape/nic - brand new D0DC3BBB-49E8-4003-B48C-798F8C4BDBC5

Ford F-150 12 inch Screen has tiny scrape/nic - brand new E54BB7C7-A295-4163-8F3C-81CBEA50A582

Ford F-150 12 inch Screen has tiny scrape/nic - brand new 8609D991-7D1B-4A53-876A-0CFA0E684090

Ford F-150 12 inch Screen has tiny scrape/nic - brand new C2CDBE88-C45E-46BB-89F6-FE094910368A
Sponsored

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT sport CCSB 5.0
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
If it wasn’t seen at the time of delivery, Chances are ford won’t do anything. Dealership may help you though. Wouldn’t hurt to check

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
That would be a tough one to live with as a factory defect.
I'd be polite of course, but I'd ask for someone to be an advocate for the customer on this. No reason for Ford to question it if the dealership vouches.

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
That would be a tough one to live with as a factory defect.
I'd be polite of course, but I'd ask for someone to be an advocate for the customer on this. No reason for Ford to question it if the dealership vouches.
If they are willing to replace it… is worth it for that potentially dealing with after effects of maybe the new screen not working right, software updates, trim around screen getting scratched in the process etc? I am just thinking worst case scenario stuff. Because when screen is on it isn’t as noticeable it’s really only when the screen is off and black.

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
If it wasn’t seen at the time of delivery, Chances are ford won’t do anything. Dealership may help you though. Wouldn’t hurt to check
If they are willing to replace is worth it for that potentially dealing with after effects of maybe the new screen not working right, software updates, trim around screen getting scratched in the process etc? I am just thinking worst case scenario stuff. Because when screen is on it isn’t as noticeable it’s really only when the screen is off and black.

Sponsored

s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..
If they are willing to replace is worth it for that potentially dealing with after effects of maybe the new screen not working right, software updates, trim around screen getting scratched in the process etc? I am just thinking worst case scenario stuff. Because when screen is on it isn’t as noticeable it’s really only when the screen is off and black.
I go through the same thought processes as you when it comes things like to is, but if it were me, I’d opt to have it replaced. If any other issues come up due to the screen replacement I’d have those addressed and fixed. None of this is your fault.

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
I go through the same thought processes as you when it comes things like to is, but if it were me, I’d opt to have it replaced. If any other issues come up due to the screen replacement I’d have those addressed and fixed. None of this is your fault.
Going to the dealer tomorrow to see what they say. I’ve already kind of forgot about it and don’t feel like going through all the waiting not have truck potential other things lol. But at the same like you said it’s not my fault and shouldn’t be like that brand new.

I’m think I could put the matte screen protector on and get protection while cutting down the gloss and I probably wouldn’t even see it. I changed the screen to blue night screen and you can’t see it all, decisions lol

s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..
Going to the dealer tomorrow to see what they say. I’ve already kind of forgot about it and don’t feel like going through all the waiting not have truck potential other things lol. But at the same like you said it’s not my fault and shouldn’t be like that brand new.

I’m think I could put the matte screen protector on and get protection while cutting down the gloss and I probably wouldn’t even see it. I changed the screen to blue night screen and you can’t see it all, decisions lol
True, true.. but that one time that the sun reflects off the screen in just that right way, and, boom- the nick..
Not sure what protector you’re going to get, but as soon as I pick up my truck I am installing the Spiegen tempered glass protector.

Last edited:
OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
True, true.. but that one time that the sun reflects off the screen in just that right way, and. Arches the nick..
Not sure what protector you’re going to get, but as soon as I pick up my truck I am installing the Spiegen tempered glass protector.
Yea I believe that’s protector, it’s matte or there’s on OCDPLUG

What do you mean by arches the nick?

s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..
Yea I believe that’s protector, it’s matte or there’s on OCDPLUG

What do you mean by arches the nick?
Arches?! That’s my phone’s auto correct. Edited.
What do you mean by OCDPLUG?

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Arches?! That’s my phone’s auto correct. Edited.
What do you mean by OCDPLUG?
haha I thought so and true. I just don’t know if it outweighs all the other things regarding replacing it. I am going to dealer tomorrow to see what they say.

They sell the screen protector it’s called ocdplug seems to be popular
Sponsored