Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Powerboost 2wd
Occupation
Retired
Just wondering...

You can buy a Bluetooth OBD reader and download Forscan Lite on a Laptop or your phone, to keep an eye on things that Ford doesn't have dash gauges for(in pic)...

I'm wondering if there is a way to get those same Forscan Lite gauges on the 12" dash screen?

I have an Android phone and I can already watch YouTube movies for free on the Carstream app on my 12" screen, but it would be awesome to have these gauges on it.

Anyone know if it's possible?

Because I don't want to lug around a laptop, when there is a perfectly good 12" screen already in the truck.

I tried plugging my OBD cable into the OBD port that I use for Forscan and the other end into the trucks USB data port in forward console pocket to see if it would recognize it, it doesn't...🤣

Ford F-150 Gauges on 12" screen?..possible? Screenshot_20230410-155816_Facebook
Sponsored

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
As the truck has been constructed? No. There’s no direct way to connect to the screen, and as far as I am aware, there is currently no CarPlay/Android Auto app that can stream gauge data to the 12”.

HOWEVER… There are products that can feed an HDMI signal to the 12” screen. So you could feed it gauge data from a device that can output via HDMI (like basically any tablet, phone, or computer made in the last several years).

See this thread: https://www.f150gen14.com/2022/08/2...rnal-video-input-naviks-hdmi-video-interface/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tank

Tank

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Powerboost 2wd
Occupation