12/13 Build Week

Resurfaced

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Well boys & girls...there's a resource on another forum that can look up VRR for you, and he's been helpful when my dealer is out...apparently my truck was delivered 12/30/21.

My sales guy has been out for over a week with COVID so not entirely his fault. He's in today, so hopefully he can confirm. But I'm fired the F up.
Care to share with the class? :)

Congrats, if it's true get some pics!
Sponsored

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
I'll gladly accept the council of my fellow builders on this. The truck's current ETA is today through Saturday - it was 1/13 through 1/19 a week earlier (for what ETAs are worth). VA received 8 inches of snow today and shut the dealership and surrounding areas down. Rain is forecast for Sunday with a low at 31. 675 mile drive through VA and TN mountains. Knoxville TN (on the way) is forecast for rain on Sunday with a low of 28.

I have a ride out on Friday with my daughter if I want (using a vacation day), and can stay with her about 2 hours from the dealer (though space will be limited with her as she has a couple visiting her for a week). IF the truck was ready on Saturday, she could drive me to the dealer for inspection and paperwork and possibly I could be on the road in the afternoon, drive part way back, hotel Saturday night or sleep in the truck (I generally don't rest well in hotels), finishing up early Sunday hopefully.

Pros of going out and driving back this weekend:
Able to inspect the truck for issues (paint, etc.)​
I will have truck immediately after signing​
Be home in 2 days, with truck.​
Save shipping cost & time​
Possible hassles of damage by shipper​
Pros of shipping:
No possibility of engine being "operated at high speed" for 675 of 1000 break in miles - whatever that means to Ford.​
No worries of having a 1350 mile commute in 3 days.​
No worries of having an issue on the trip back (truck, road, or environment)​
Daughter can inspect vehicle and test drive, and if any issues - truck can remain at dealer until resolved. If driving it back - each day to "fix issues" at dealership means another vacation day used.​
If the truck is not ready on Saturday, I'll need transport out when the truck does arrive (airline cost and hassle - flights are currently being cancelled and oversold).​
I'm not as young as I used to be. (When I was younger I traded my time doing/building because I would not go into debt to obtain something - house improvements, worked on older cars etc. Now that I'm older, I see why people reverse that - It's trading time previously spent working.)​
I would be home with the better half rather than on the road alone (spending the time to work on projects here that require my time).​
If I don't ride out Friday and instead fly later, I could have my daughter inspect the truck prior to me flying out. - So that's a slight variation.

Any council anyone would like to give, I'll gladly listen to. I'm interested in what I may have missed or forgotten to state or just your opinion.

@UGADawg96 & @pkinneb - you've either done this type trip or seen others in your build week do it - so please chime in (or ask other drivers to chime in).

@UGADawg96 - I already know one of the biggest reasons you would say to drive it home. One can visit the hallowed ground in Knoxville and bring back a truck load of orange things. :ROFLMAO:
A couple things come to mind for me. First since the owners manual really doesn't state a break in procedure other than no towing for the first 1000 miles I wouldn't be to concerned with that. I still have my ritual and stuck to it with this truck. For the first 300 miles I try to vary the driving freeway, highway, two lane etc and speeds 30 to 70mph. No cruise control for 500 miles and no towing for the first 1000 miles.

Second, the only thing I was concerned with during the pickup was visible damage. I looked over every inch of the truck to insure there was no damage and nothing missing. My theory is if it breaks its under warranty but if its damaged or missing you might have trouble getting the dealer to agree after the fact.

Finally re pickup based on what I had seen over the last 6 months I didn't book my ticket until the truck was scheduled to be dropped at the dealer by the transport company.

I did my paper work early and spent one hour at the dealer. To date no issues or concerns with the truck, the dealer, or the process...Good Luck!!

ryant601

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram 1500, 2022 F150 King Ranch ordered
Taking delivery tomorrow at 12p...in the meantime, here she is.
Ford F-150 12/13 Build Week unnamed

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
Hey folks - what I've got for updates so far:

@DT400 – Shipped by rail 12/24, ETA 1/17​
@Handle – ETA 1/26​
@Ddm0079 – ETA 1/18​
@StoneGray22 – ETA 1/31​
@upslash – ETA 1/29​
@GolfR – ETA 1/17​
@ryant601 – Delivered 12/30, picking up tomorrow!​
I'll update the list in a bit - any other updates or something I missed?

Sponsored

ryant601

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram 1500, 2022 F150 King Ranch ordered

Varrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Powerboost
Dealer just got my Truck delivered today. Sat at a railyard waiting for a transport to the dealer since last Wednesday. Going to pick it up tomorrow after a thorough inspection! ;)

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I called Ford Marketing and was given a later ETA of 1/17 (dealer told me 1/8 this past Friday). Turns out my truck is at a railyard in Jessup MD via CSX as of early yesterday morning - about 1 hour North from the dealer and out of the I95 shutdown mess. :)(y)?

The Ford Marketing rep told me I have a PCO expiring on 1/31 for $1k. I should have a $1k custom order and 0%/72 month incentive from early October. I will need to verify those stack when the truck is in.

With the PCO expiring the end of this month, I'm wondering if it was triggered much earlier (like in October) or just recently. I called last week for an update, and talked with the rep saying this was our first Ford to purchase. That may have triggered a PCO, or maybe it was me creating the Ford.com account, or just random. I mentioned both times I was unhappy the tracker was down, as many others were as well. I was not belligerent on that, nor did I harp on it, and I thanked the rep each time for the information they provided.

The Ford rep also told me I could see my truck at owner.ford.com - which takes me to ford.com/support. She mentioned "track" and "status", or I heard those words, but the site would not let me login with my Ford.com username password and I don't see a way to track the vehicle. It does show me some of the truck info. One thing was the Sync version info :

Ford F-150 12/13 Build Week 1641340545627

Ford F-150 12/13 Build Week 1641340683538

There are videos there that I will start watching (some I have seen) to prep for the truck.

Oh - and I think (95% sure) I will be shipping the truck back, but having my daughter inspect prior to me remotely signing the paperwork. I think the I95 shutdown mess did it for me.

Ddm0079

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I called Ford Marketing and was given a later ETA of 1/17 (dealer told me 1/8 this past Friday). Turns out my truck is at a railyard in Jessup MD via CSX as of early yesterday morning - about 1 hour North from the dealer and out of the I95 shutdown mess. :)(y)?

The Ford Marketing rep told me I have a PCO expiring on 1/31 for $1k. I should have a $1k custom order and 0%/72 month incentive from early October. I will need to verify those stack when the truck is in.

With the PCO expiring the end of this month, I'm wondering if it was triggered much earlier (like in October) or just recently. I called last week for an update, and talked with the rep saying this was our first Ford to purchase. That may have triggered a PCO, or maybe it was me creating the Ford.com account, or just random. I mentioned both times I was unhappy the tracker was down, as many others were as well. I was not belligerent on that, nor did I harp on it, and I thanked the rep each time for the information they provided.

The Ford rep also told me I could see my truck at owner.ford.com - which takes me to ford.com/support. She mentioned "track" and "status", or I heard those words, but the site would not let me login with my Ford.com username password and I don't see a way to track the vehicle. It does show me some of the truck info. One thing was the Sync version info :

1641340545627.png

1641340683538.png

There are videos there that I will start watching (some I have seen) to prep for the truck.

Oh - and I think (95% sure) I will be shipping the truck back, but having my daughter inspect prior to me remotely signing the paperwork. I think the I95 shutdown mess did it for me.
I am also having my truck shipped back, curious on the 0%/72 months. I ordered mine early October is there anyway I can guarantee I also get this deal? This was a big reason why I ordered it in the first place.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired

1641340545627.png

1641340683538.png

1641340545627.png

1641340683538.png

Sponsored

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am also having my truck shipped back, curious on the 0%/72 months. I ordered mine early October is there anyway I can guarantee I also get this deal? This was a big reason why I ordered it in the first place.
So I understand that incentives can be applied as to when the truck is ordered, or when it is delivered (and some stack and others do not). The dealer or manager should be able to let you know that you have incentives that can be used on the truck. I believe the incentive for 0%/72 in early October is #21288, but it could be different.

It will be up to the dealer to agree to the incentives. If they say it's only incentives at time of delivery, I would counter with "other dealers do whichever is best for the buyer".

Ford F-150 12/13 Build Week 1641342804239

jp1170

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 501A
Occupation
Sr. Systems Engineer

I had a PCO that I got back in October that expired yesterday. When I called today they informed me I now have a PCO for $1,000 that expires 1/31. The original I had was for $3,500 which is the reason I ordered a truck and the dealer is supposed to honor it because the fine print says place and order or take retail delivery before 1/3/22 so since I placed an order in November I should be good. I asked the dealer about it before ordering and they said it would be good and I asked again recently to double check they said we will figure it out when the truck gets there so we shall see. I thought about buying something out of inventory at a different dealer last week but I didn’t because I’m going to keep my word on the truck I ordered and hopefully they will keep there word and honor the $3,500 PCO.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
The 0& financing was THE reason I decided to order a PB. If my dealer or Ford says tough crunchies, I will probably walk.

Kirchdc

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Bronco II, '20 Explorer, 3 F150s: 99, 01, 22
unnamed.jpg

unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg
Congrats, Love the colors! We will be twins but different wheels

Photonicc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
unnamed.jpg

unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg
Considering other threads on the forums mentioning that 2022 has caused some changes to the trucks, but so far I have only seen lower trim level trucks showing these changes. I am talking about the cup holder ambient lighting, glovebox lighting, and LED license plate lighting in the rear being removed. Your truck is one of the first higher trim 2022's being delivered. Could you check and see if your truck also had these features like the ambient cupholder lighting removed?
Sponsored