05/09/22 Build week

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
Check your coolant hoses guys! Mine was routed wrong from the factory. Was rubbing on the belt/pulley and it put a big hole in the hose and that's why it puked everywhere. Dealer just called me.
Wow!!
Sponsored

michaelh24

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Technical Product Manager
Check your coolant hoses guys! Mine was routed wrong from the factory. Was rubbing on the belt/pulley and it put a big hole in the hose and that's why it puked everywhere. Dealer just called me.
Do you have a picture of how it was routed incorrectly?

Payup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 XLT Sport Special Edition

Payup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you have a picture of how it was routed incorrectly?

they just told me it was rubbing on the crankshaft pulley. New hose will be coming tomorrow morning for it and they will test it all out.

michaelh24

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Technical Product Manager
they just told me it was rubbing on the crankshaft pulley. New hose will be coming tomorrow morning for it and they will test it all out.
Thanks. I looked earlier with a flashlight and mirror and didn't see anything. I did notice there are lines running pretty close to the drive belt, but not touching it. Will double check the crank pulley tomorrow before I head out. How many miles were you at when it started leaking?

Sponsored

Payup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks. I looked earlier with a flashlight and mirror and didn't see anything. I did notice there are lines running pretty close to the drive belt, but not touching it. Will double check the crank pulley tomorrow before I head out. How many miles were you at when it started leaking?
The night I took it home. Noticed a wet garage floor the next morning. But have been a slow leak. Drove it 100 miles and the hose blew pit completely. Truck has 120 miles on it

Atlantic24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Sales Rep
Anyone else from around this build week still waiting for their truck to ship?

Atlantic24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales Rep
Awaiting Shipment -- 136 days and 2 hours so far!
Sorry to hear you're still waiting too Steve! I'm at 89 days. The Ford executive office hasn't been much help either. The trucks ETA to ship just keeps changing. Aug 8, then Aug 12, now end of August. Hopefully both of us get some good news soon.

Brego

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat Powerboost 4x4 Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
Awaiting Shipment -- 136 days and 2 hours so far!
Man, sorry to hear. That is ridiculous.
Have you looked around at other dealers?
I did and was lucky to find Smoked Quartz Lariat in stock, which turned out to be a better deal in the long run… see my signature.

Sponsored

TheLifeOfSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Edge, 2011 GMC Sierra Nevada Edition
The dealership text me today, and showed me pictures of the truck. It arrived today. Now they are telling me they want to see my vehicle again to review the trade in value - to which I responded we have a signed deal that shows the value of my current truck. I am heading into the dealership tomorrow... we will see what happens!

Atlantic24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales Rep
The dealership text me today, and showed me pictures of the truck. It arrived today. Now they are telling me they want to see my vehicle again to review the trade in value - to which I responded we have a signed deal that shows the value of my current truck. I am heading into the dealership tomorrow... we will see what happens!
Happy to hear your truck arrived Steve! Please keep us posted how things go at the dealership about the trade value. I think I'll be having the same conversation whenever my F-150 shows up. Good luck and stay strong with them!

TheLifeOfSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Happy to hear your truck arrived Steve! Please keep us posted how things go at the dealership about the trade value. I think I'll be having the same conversation whenever my F-150 shows up. Good luck and stay strong with them!
Everything went smoothly today with the dealership. Financing and trade in value remained the same. I get to pick up the truck next Friday once they complete the spray liner and such.

I got to sit in it and do a walkaround - beautiful truck and looking forward to being able to finally drive it!

Atlantic24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales Rep
Everything went smoothly today with the dealership. Financing and trade in value remained the same. I get to pick up the truck next Friday once they complete the spray liner and such.

I got to sit in it and do a walkaround - beautiful truck and looking forward to being able to finally drive it!
Great news. Happy for you Steve! Glad the truck is beautiful and what you expected. Everyone says they are worth the wait. I was wondering how the trade value thing would go. How many kms did you put on your trade since you signed the deal?

I spoke with the dealer this week about my trade, they asked me to submit pictures, info, etc through an online portal again (did that in January already). So I did it again today even though I don’t feel I should have to. Truck is cleaner this time and I included way more details about everything it comes with. I’m hoping they don’t play any games. Been looking at what they are selling for on auto trader and I think I should be ok.

TheLifeOfSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Great news. Happy for you Steve! Glad the truck is beautiful and what you expected. Everyone says they are worth the wait. I was wondering how the trade value thing would go. How many kms did you put on your trade since you signed the deal?

I spoke with the dealer this week about my trade, they asked me to submit pictures, info, etc through an online portal again (did that in January already). So I did it again today even though I don’t feel I should have to. Truck is cleaner this time and I included way more details about everything it comes with. I’m hoping they don’t play any games. Been looking at what they are selling for on auto trader and I think I should be ok.
I put about 8000 km on it between the first valuation and now. They took a look at it today for about maybe 2 minutes and re-confirmed the value. I was expecting much worse but it went smooth.
Sponsored