First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Mine was 3/15 blend, 3/17 in production for another data point.

The regional Ford rep that I've been talking to said that they went and found my truck in particular to release it the other day. This came after I said that it was quite the coincidence that this happened within a week of placing my second order and verifying with my Driver's License. He's supposedly been "trying" to get my truck released for almost a month at this point, so I'm not sure if he's just taking credit or if that actually had an effect.
Sponsored

Last edited:

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Mine was 3/15 blend, 3/17 in production for another data point.

The regional Ford rep that I've been talking to said that they went and found my truck in particular to release it the other day. This came after I said that it was quite the coincidence that this happened within a week of placing my second order and verifying with my Driver's License. He's supposedly been "trying" to get my truck released for almost a month at this point, so I'm not sure if he's just taking credit or if that actually had an effect.
My wife asked me what I wanted for Father's day, I jokingly said my F-150 to be finished. When we saw it updated on Father's day she jokingly took credit. He deserves as much credit as my wife ;-)

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat PB (Job 1)
I had a 3/17 blend date so it looks like they skipped 3/18 trucks also.
3/18 blend. 3/20 in production.
Complete wild ass guess here, but if we assume that they might be working on vehicles based on their location in a lot, I could see these getting finished slightly out of the original build order.

One thing that could impact their location in a storage lot is whether or not they went offsite for a bed liner or anything else after coming off the line, but before going to storage. Those trucks could be sitting in a lot next to other trucks with production dates a week or more later.

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 escape 1999 f250 2021 f150
Complete wild ass guess here, but if we assume that they might be working on vehicles based on their location in a lot, I could see these getting finished slightly out of the original build order.

One thing that could impact their location in a storage lot is whether or not they went offsite for a bed liner or anything else after coming off the line, but before going to storage. Those trucks could be sitting in a lot next to other trucks with production dates a week or more later.
Very good point. For those who opted to place a 2nd order, my dealer said that Ford is still working on processing the COVP orders from June 10th (this was the same update he was given last Wednesday also). Mine went through on the 11th, so I guess the waiting game continues on both fronts! Haha. I guess as long as my ‘99 F250 with almost 317,000 miles on it keeps going I’ll be alright.

KiloWhiskey

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB XLT(Ordered 1/21/2021[still waiting])
Occupation
Military (Ret)
I really hope they focus hard on our weeks rigs. We have all been put on the back burner it seems. Glad things are moving though. Side note, a stealership here is marking up their rigs $5k+ over msrp. Bunch of scumbags ???

Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I really hope they focus hard on our weeks rigs. We have all been put on the back burner it seems. Glad things are moving though. Side note, a stealership here is marking up their rigs $5k+ over msrp. Bunch of scumbags ???
I still can't believe they get away with that crap. May father was at a Subaru dealer last night and they were marking every new car on their lot up by $4k. There's another dealer 20 miles away (Much bigger dealer as well) that isn't doing it though and said they think it's wrong to treat customers that way. They're not making any real deals off of MSRP, but at least sticking with the base MSRP and not doing any ridiculous markups.

Foxtrot150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A PB SCrew 6.5
Very good point. For those who opted to place a 2nd order, my dealer said that Ford is still working on processing the COVP orders from June 10th (this was the same update he was given last Wednesday also). Mine went through on the 11th, so I guess the waiting game continues on both fronts! Haha. I guess as long as my ‘99 F250 with almost 317,000 miles on it keeps going I’ll be alright.
May I ask what a COVP order is?

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
May I ask what a COVP order is?
Allegedly Ford was “encouraging” sales reps to have customer orders repeated for trucks that were in chip purgatory. My dealer had not heard of anything from ford corporate about this so I’m not sure of the validity. COVP, from what I can gather stands for Customer Order Verification Program. My dealer indicated this was a way for Ford to prioritize ACTUAL customer orders and ensure that dealers weren’t placing retail orders to increase their stock. It requires a signed order and a copy of ID.

Foxtrot150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A PB SCrew 6.5
Allegedly Ford was “encouraging” sales reps to have customer orders repeated for trucks that were in chip purgatory. My dealer had not heard of anything from ford corporate about this so I’m not sure of the validity. COVP, from what I can gather stands for Customer Order Verification Program. My dealer indicated this was a way for Ford to prioritize ACTUAL customer orders and ensure that dealers weren’t placing retail orders to increase their stock. It requires a signed order and a copy of ID.
Thanks for the clarification. Do you know if incentives were retained from original order?

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the clarification. Do you know if incentives were retained from original order?
I’m guessing that is going to be a dealer to dealer decision. I added a couple extra options onto my 2nd build, but was able to qualify for the 1,000 rebate and had a 2500 cash offer from ford that got applied so I think I ended up spending about $500 more for 4000 in additional options.

Sponsored

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
My ETA got pushed back about 8 days:
","receiptDate":"2021-01-07","releaseDate":"2021-06-19","etaStartDate":"2021-07-13","etaEndDate":"2021-07-19","productionDate":"2021-03-19","shipmentDate":"2021-06-20",

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sounds like they are currently scheduling for the week of 8/16. My 2nd build is on the dealers “preview” today so they say it should get scheduled this week at some point. Sounds like it might end up being faster. Lol

dgrizz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 escape, 2018 f150 king ranch, 2021 f150 king
Occupation
Retired
I sure hope they're not screwing with me!
Still in production but ETA changed to 10 July, if this is a joke, I will need therapy!!

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat PB (Job 1)
I sure hope they're not screwing with me!
Still in production but ETA changed to 10 July, if this is a joke, I will need therapy!!
Fingers crossed, but you're right, that is weird. Most others have only had the ETA change when the status went to built. Yours doesn't show that.

Man, 9/18! Feel for you, buddy!

Ford F-150 03/15 Build Week 1624457434376
Sponsored