First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I'm not sure this means anything but my window sticker is back, it has today's date at the very bottom. I started to get excited but realized it's just Ford's way of kicking me in the nuts again!
Ya great feeling it is!
Sponsored

bobstar

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I think I know why the window sticker is back, they added two items.
10 Pounds pigeon shit and 1 rodent shredded wiring harness, but on the bright side - no charge!
Your getting Fords Famous “ the Works” service like the rest of us, lol

bobstar

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I didn’t realize just how bad Ford’s customer service was. They really just hope the dealers ‘deal’ with customers and provide a shield for them.

If anybody know the number for Washington states region manager I’d love to get it. Please PM me. Even the one from Oregon might be helpful (though they look like different regions).

Unfortunately, there does seem to be corroborating stories now that trucks build in the 3/15 week are basically Ford’s lowest priority to fix. Between stories about Ford having the capacity to only rebuild 700 trucks/week vs 10,000+ on the line and regional managers suggesting to just re-order, I do think overall it’s best to just abandon hope for these orders and make other plans.
The dealers don’t give a shit rather, They are going to try to get MSRP out of any new orders, your not going to get your old deal!

DaHealey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
The dealers don’t give a shit rather, They are going to try to get MSRP out of any new orders, your not going to get your old deal!
Oh I’m well aware. To me ‘other plans’ means making my current truck work for a bit longer (it’s too small for my family, but mechanically fine).

I just don’t understand the ‘don’t give a shit attitude’.

I walked into my dealer a few weeks ago. They’ve got 4+ managers chilling in the show room. The lot is pretty empty, maybe 20% of the vehicles they had when I ordered in Oct.

If were a manager at that dealer I’d be raising hell with Ford. My way of making money is selling vehicles. I have no (or few) vehicles. Where’s the urgency? Where’s the ambition? I just don’t get their laisse fair attitude - these people are looking at being out of work in a few months if this goes on and ‘meh’ is all they seem to muster up.

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
My dealer gladly honored my first deal and he is marking up lot trucks 5-10K over MSRP

Sponsored

bobstar

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Oh I’m well aware. To me ‘other plans’ means making my current truck work for a bit longer (it’s too small for my family, but mechanically fine).

I just don’t understand the ‘don’t give a shit attitude’.

I walked into my dealer a few weeks ago. They’ve got 4+ managers chilling in the show room. The lot is pretty empty, maybe 20% of the vehicles they had when I ordered in Oct.

If were a manager at that dealer I’d be raising hell with Ford. My way of making money is selling vehicles. I have no (or few) vehicles. Where’s the urgency? Where’s the ambition? I just don’t get their laisse fair attitude - these people are looking at being out of work in a few months if this goes on and ‘meh’ is all they seem to muster up.
Yup mine told me I won’t get the same deal, and told me they will refund my deposit, they would then just sell my truck for upto or over MSRP to some one else

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Yup mine told me I won’t get the same deal, and told me they will refund my deposit, they would then just sell my truck for upto or over MSRP to some one else
Well, that's a horrible way of doing business if you care about return customers and LTV. I would never go back to that dealer. But then again, I may never buy another new vehicle until the whole dealership model is torn down, so I'm admittedly very biased on the subject :ROFLMAO:

GreggT

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Screw, SRX Cadillac
Occupation
Retired
Well, that's a horrible way of doing business if you care about return customers and LTV. I would never go back to that dealer. But then again, I may never buy another new vehicle until the whole dealership model is torn down, so I'm admittedly very biased on the subject :ROFLMAO:
I agree, what an A/H! Ours was great and in fact added around $1,500.00 to the deal because the value of our trade in increased so much.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I’m in full agreement that the whole dealer concept is completely broken at this point. It’s turned into one dealer scooping up another to form regional billionaires with chains of dealerships swindling whoever they can and stockpiling thousands of cars.

Just take a minute to think how much of your purchase is funding these dealers. They all claim to make “almost no money” on seemingly every deal, yet have been readily able to build conglomerates of dealerships with multiple layers of management and ownership are billionaires. In MA alone I know of at least 2 different dealership chains (Boch and Herb Chambers) where both owners are billionaires from mostly car sales alone.

Just so wildly in inefficient to have thousands of cars on lots and still have a good number of customers need to custom order because nothing fits what they want.

KiloWhiskey

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB XLT(Ordered 1/21/2021[still waiting])
Occupation
Military (Ret)
Maybe there in Canada, but my dealer here has been nothing but awesome and they’re making it right here.

Sponsored

Sgtslaughter

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 King Ranch
So what do you guys think this means?

Ford F-150 03/15 Build Week BC7E84D6-B34F-4AC1-91EB-1AED997DFB24

I was going to look at an F350 Platinum tonight to drive until the new one shows up. Just watch me make a deal on it, and the 2021 will be on a train!

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
So what do you guys think this means?

BC7E84D6-B34F-4AC1-91EB-1AED997DFB24.jpeg

I was going to look at an F350 Platinum tonight to drive until the new one shows up. Just watch me make a deal on it, and the 2021 will be on a train!
What build date did you have? To me it looks like you are seeing movement and it is having a module installed. It seems like they are working on our trucks again.

KiloWhiskey

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB XLT(Ordered 1/21/2021[still waiting])
Occupation
Military (Ret)
So today I was able to access my window sticker after not being able to for the last 3 months. I don’t know if it means anything at all. I’m not getting my hopes up.

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Good news, looks like end of April is starting to get a lot of movement. The bad news is I don't see any movement here other than cancelled orders. They must have parked them in tight.
Sponsored