Sponsored

0 to 60, 5.6 seconds.. still on 87 octane. Not bad.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms

Holding steady times. With a couple hundred pounds in bed too.​

I remember feeling fast in my 2005 V8 Audi S4.
Here's an example of PowerBoost vs EcoBoost "HO" (Raptor.)
[I cued the video to the start of the "race"]

I wonder if idling in "eco idle" mode to fully charge the battery would result in a quicker 0-60.

Funnily enough, I've never even had my foot to the floor, but I do enjoy having enough quiet, no drama acceleration to get moving from a red light if I want to get ahead of traffic or to overtake in the hills with very little time on the wrong side of the road, etc.

OP
OP

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
Here's an example of PowerBoost vs EcoBoost "HO" (Raptor.)
[I cued the video to the start of the "race"]

I wonder if idling in "eco idle" mode to fully charge the battery would result in a quicker 0-60.

Funnily enough, I've never even had my foot to the floor, but I do enjoy having enough quiet, no drama acceleration to get moving from a red light if I want to get ahead of traffic or to overtake in the hills with very little time on the wrong side of the road, etc.
Oh yeah, I doubt there's anyone in here who hasn't seen that video, but it is fun to rewatch... if you can get past their usual banter.

The truck is a good truck. Shifting is a little herky jerky. Not when nailing it, but overall regular driving.

But, all the other benefits are still outweighing any flaws for me.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Oh yeah, I doubt there's anyone in here who hasn't seen that video, but it is fun to rewatch... if you can get past their usual banter.

The truck is a good truck. Shifting is a little herky jerky. Not when nailing it, but overall regular driving.

But, all the other benefits are still outweighing any flaws for me.
TFL really could do with rethinking the "two old guys yuckin it up" but they do usually deliver real results (and their early PowerBoost videos were the single main reason I said "I'll take it" over the phone when the dealer called … I'm never that sure of a decision and rarely spend $80K without blinking … well, maybe I blinked …)
As for the shifting, agreed, the trans in mine is very good now they've done the cable service but it is still nowhere near what I think it should be for any modern auto, especially one with an electric motor that's meant to torque fill and help make the shifts smooth as.
As for flaws, there's nothing that's a deal breaker. The bed cover leaks rain in. The seats aren't that good for long haul driving. The turning circle is hard work in a city, but the cameras make it easy and I don't do much city driving. The suspension is okay, but leaf springs are history. But for a pickup, it drives like a luxury sedan with all the technology of self-driving and the touchscreen and the cabin is quiet which I greatly appreciate after a few hours at 80 mph on the interstate.
I really can't fault the PowerBoost. I wish I'd been driving this truck for the last 200,000 miles instead of a PowerStroke … : )
Sponsored