• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
This might not be popular here, but roads are paid for with gas taxes in many states, EV’s don’t use gas so therefore aren’t paying for the roads they roll on. Some alternate form of taxation on EV’s to pay for the roads is reasonable.
That tax is paid through the high registration fees for EVs here in California.
Sponsored

TexasGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
Like my state of Texas, Alabama loves their oil. Some Texas legislators tried to push a bill to tax EVs for not using gas stations. Thankfully it didn’t pass.
It will soon enough! Progressive lawmakers see buyers of EVs as wealthy, er, great targets for taxes!

It's not the oil, but the taxes they love. Oil producing states just get to tax the oil producers. Most states want to incentivize EV's but don't want to lose the highway (gas) tax revenues. Every EV on the road reduces the highway taxes they receive. I've never met a legislator that didn't love to spend tax $. If the lose gas pump revenue, they'll make it up somewhere!

I may be mistaken, but I think I paid about $200+ when I registered my Tesla's in TX to make up for the gas taxes I don't pay.

Oregon proposed some sort of meter on the car that reported how many miles it drove so that the owners could pay taxes as a way to eliminate taxes paid a the pump and substitute a usage tax.

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
It will soon enough! Progressive lawmakers see buyers of EVs as wealthy, er, great targets for taxes!

It's not the oil, but the taxes they love. Oil producing states just get to tax the oil producers. Most states want to incentivize EV's but don't want to lose the highway (gas) tax revenues. Every EV on the road reduces the highway taxes they receive. I've never met a legislator that didn't love to spend tax $. If the lose gas pump revenue, they'll make it up somewhere!

I may be mistaken, but I think I paid about $200+ when I registered my Tesla's in TX to make up for the gas taxes I don't pay.

Oregon proposed some sort of meter on the car that reported how many miles it drove so that the owners could pay taxes as a way to eliminate taxes paid a the pump and substitute a usage tax.
I agree some type of taxing is necessary to make up the gas tax, but I would much rather have a flat rate at registration time - or even a variable one once a year based on odometer readings (maybe with the safety inspection?) vs. a tracker in my vehicle. No thank you! (and yes I know modern vehicles already have systems that can track you - but we don't need any more)

Kevin22

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Occupation
Systems Test Engineer
Went to my dealership last night to pick up my baby’s MachE. The guy told me they have over 1000 reservations. He has no idea where I am at in line. I am going to buy a new skateboard and call it. Crazy experience. Maybe 2027 my PRO will be in my driveway- maybe not…

sk00pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler, Tesla 3
Spoke to dealer. Said I'm 23 of 100+. Day 2 reservation. He estimated would have wave of 20+ orders so well see. Anyone in NY / Long Island order yet?

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
I agree some type of taxing is necessary to make up the gas tax, but I would much rather have a flat rate at registration time - or even a variable one once a year based on odometer readings (maybe with the safety inspection?) vs. a tracker in my vehicle. No thank you! (and yes I know modern vehicles already have systems that can track you - but we don't need any more)
Yeah, but this time it would be the government tracking you, what could possibly go wrong? /s. Paying extra $150 per year for an EV with my registration here in Mississippi. Pretty close to what I’d be paying in gas taxes otherwise (18c per gallon), so no complaints from me. They even were smart enough to index it to inflation, so no need for squabbling about politically unpopular increases later.

Dalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Explorer
Went to my dealership last night to pick up my baby’s MachE. The guy told me they have over 1000 reservations. He has no idea where I am at in line. I am going to buy a new skateboard and call it. Crazy experience. Maybe 2027 my PRO will be in my driveway- maybe not…
I'm in SoCal also -- what dealership?

Sponsored

BoreBrotherBore

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
RF Engineer
I reserved before the presentation started and I got nothing. I’m with Granger in Iowa, so I’m guessing their location and lower priority has me screwed.
Sorry man, Granger has always been a dealership that actually cares about their reputation. I doubt they had any idea that Ford would limit the allocations to non-ZEV states so drastically.

I somehow squeaked through and was able to order from a dealer farther NE in Iowa then Granger. Owner told me I was a lucky fuck as Ford told him they weren't being allotted any this MY. Maybe Ford only gives them an allocation number the day the wave invites go out.

Hopefully Granger gets some information and passes it along to the hundreds of people that have a reservation with them.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
Sorry man, Granger has always been a dealership that actually cares about their reputation. I doubt they had any idea that Ford would limit the allocations to non-ZEV states so drastically.

I somehow squeaked through and was able to order from a dealer farther NE in Iowa then Granger. Owner told me I was a lucky fuck as Ford told him they weren't being allotted any this MY. Maybe Ford only gives them an allocation number the day the wave invites go out.

Hopefully Granger gets some information and passes it along to the hundreds of people that have a reservation with them.
Grainger seems like a great dealership, but they solicited hundreds (maybe over 1000) Bronco orders from people by promising an under invoice deal who now either have to move their order or wait until 2024-2025 for their 2021 reservation due to Ford’s allocation model. I have to admit I was tempted by their offer, but I stuck with my local dealership who delivered by Bronco for MSRP in 2021.

This is in no way a diss on Grainger, they seem like standup folks. Unfortunately Ford changed the allocation model and screw up what Grainger was trying to do for their customers.

Last edited:

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/📊-f-150-lightning-orders-tracking-list-stats-add-yours.7929/

Its interesting what our small subset of data has shown though. So as Farley pointed out: CA, NY, and TX have the most orders so far...followed by NJ and OH. It could be due to current policies, or even the saturation of Electrify America charging stations.

State EV Policy Dashboard:
https://www.electrificationcoalition.org/resource/dashboard/

Electrify America:
https://www.electrifyamerica.com/locate-charger/

Fingers99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-250
Occupation
sales
We are in Austin and didn't receive any wave 2 invites. Only 1 from wave 1