• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
We simply don’t know, and neither do the dealers or anyone except Ford, how heavily the prioritization will be weighed vs other factors like reservation time stamp. Let’s just say they do the right thing, happy customers are important for them too. In the long run, more important than a quick buck. They did promise $40K Pros at launch, for retail customers, I hope they’ll stick to it.
Actually... I'm pretty sure the guide posted on this forum states pretty clearly prioritized orders are the very front of the line. Reservation time stamp won't be considered at all if a dealer prioritizes a customer... The entire purpose of the prioritizing process is to give a customer the ability to move to the front of the line for online ordering regardless of when they placed a reservation. It's not like a dealer will prioritize a customer and then somehow a non-prioritized customer will magically get an order invite first. Time stamp will not help you your dealer prioritizes another customer. To continue thinking timestamp could somehow prevent somebody from being prioritized before you is wishful thinking.
Sponsored

Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Just spoke with a marketing rep for the Lightning (direct line: 800-334-4375) and she said ordering banks are opening January 5th.
Sounds about right, I think we will be hearing from Ford early next week. Dealer have to send their list in by tomorrow.

Plus January 5th Reservations open up for the EV Silverado.

Last edited:

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Actually... I'm pretty sure the guide posted on this forum states pretty clearly prioritized orders are the very front of the line. Reservation time stamp won't be considered at all if a dealer prioritizes a customer... The entire purpose of the prioritizing process is to give a customer the ability to move to the front of the line for online ordering regardless of when they placed a reservation. It's not like a dealer will prioritize a customer and then somehow a non-prioritized customer will magically get an order invite first. Time stamp will not help you your dealer prioritizes another customer. To continue thinking timestamp could somehow prevent somebody from being prioritized before you is wishful thinking.
Said guide states that prioritization will be “an” input, one of several different factors, for FORD -and not the dealer- to invite a reservation holder to place their order. As I said, nobody but Ford knows what all the factors are and how they’re weighed against each other. You may well be correct, but we can’t know this yet, and we may never know.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Said guide states that prioritization will be “an” input, one of several different factors, for FORD -and not the dealer- to invite a reservation holder to place their order. As I said, nobody but Ford knows what all the factors are and how they’re weighed against each other. You may well be correct, but we can’t know this yet, and we may never know.
That language might just refer to order within priority selections, which might include people who have both a timestamp AND get a prioritized designation.

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
That language might just refer to order within priority selections, which might include people who have both a timestamp AND get a prioritized designation.
“Dealer prioritization will be an input to
determine invitations to convert to an order” end direct quote. It would not make sense for prioritization to be an input for orders by people who are already prioritized. That would be counting the same thing twice. Language seems clear to me.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I don't believe this has been posted yet.

It is the Final Ordering Playbook (More detail than the Letter).

Attachments

sk00pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler, Tesla 3
Does anyone have more info about "green states"? I understand these states get a larger allocation? Wondering if New York is a green state?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Does anyone have more info about "green states"? I understand these states get a larger allocation? Wondering if New York is a green state?
Yes, New York is.

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I asked my dealer about these prioritizations. The rep at the dealer responded and said "Don't listen to any chatter - we don't play any of the games you might hear other dealers might try pulling - we don't move anyone." Maybe I'll respond and ask if that is a guarantee.
My dealer suggested something similar, saying they didn't know anything about a prioritization system. Hoping that means they are ignoring it as I am #3 in line and don't want to be pushed out :)

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
Here is a new one for you.

Yesterday my dealership was sold and Ford refunded my $100 but said my reservation would not be affected.

The new dealer said everything was OK but could not say more but Stand By.
Makes sense. Your deposit went to the dealer. If you have done the process of switching dealers then you know they will refund you and the new dealership will charge you. It doesn’t affect the reservation in the system. Sounds like a normal course of events.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
“Dealer prioritization will be an input to
determine invitations to convert to an order” end direct quote. It would not make sense for prioritization to be an input for orders by people who are already prioritized. That would be counting the same thing twice. Language seems clear to me.
I might be misunderstanding. If a dealer has 25 prioritization slots and gets an allocation of 12 vehicles, how are those 25 slots prioritized. Do you think the dealer is providing Ford a list of prioritized names, or populating each of the 25 prioritization spots? I'm suggesting that if the dealer provides Ford with 25 prioritization names, Ford may use reservation timestamp when determining wave invitations for that dealer.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I might be misunderstanding. If a dealer has 25 prioritization slots and gets an allocation of 12 vehicles, how are those 25 slots prioritized. Do you think the dealer is providing Ford a list of prioritized names, or populating each of the 25 prioritization spots? I'm suggesting that if the dealer provides Ford with 25 prioritization names, Ford may use reservation timestamp when determining wave invitations for that dealer.
Dealer populates each of priority spots next to reservation # on form he submits.

See the Playbook I uploaded this morning on another thread.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Thats exactly it. The dealer can submit 25 names, it doesn't mean Ford will send out invitations to 12 of those 25. Ford might take #1 and #2 prioritized by the dealer and offer one of the 12 spots and the other 10 will be based on reservation/timestamp. Anyone paying a Market Adjustment to pay for Prioritization is pretty much gambling on getting an invitation from Ford. The dealer might submit your name in that 25 but Ford will probably just say thanks and put you in the 3rd or 4th wave of orders.
Sponsored