• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
My dealer must be goofy. They sent email asking if I was still in the market for a new truck.
Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
They didn't protect them from ADM
Yep, no protection from ADM. And then they tell all the reservation holders that if they really want a Bronco, they have to change dealerships. You have to go to the national chain dealerships who are getting all the allocations and also adding all the markups. Such a scam. Smaller independent dealerships who are offering competitive pricing will hardly get any Broncos this year due to the new allocation model.

The dealership I ordered through won’t be able to get me a Bronco for at least another year and I’m a day-1 reservation. My local AutoNation franchise had 6 new Broncos parked out front the other day all with $15K ADM on them [a 2-door Badlands had a $20K markup] and some more than that as they’ve equipped them with other upgrades.

I know the Bronco discussion is going off on a tangent of sorts, but this is also why I have zero faith in Ford handling the Lightning orders with any fairness or equity.

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
T
Yep, no protection from ADM. And then they tell all the reservation holders that if they really want a Bronco, they have to change dealerships. You have to go to the national chain dealerships who are getting all the allocations and also adding all the markups. Such a scam. Smaller independent dealerships who are offering competitive pricing will hardly get any Broncos this year due to the new allocation model.

The dealership I ordered through won’t be able to get me a Bronco for at least another year and I’m a day-1 reservation. My local AutoNation franchise had 6 new Broncos parked out front the other day all with $15K ADM on them [a 2-door Badlands had a $20K markup] and some more than that as they’ve equipped them with other upgrades.

I know the Bronco discussion is going off on a tangent of sorts, but this is also why I have zero faith in Ford handling the Lightning orders with any fairness or equity.
This is terrible. I’m a late reservation holder so I’ll have to wait a long time regardless, but I’m staying with my (smaller) dealer for as long as it takes, on principle alone.

Sponsored

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
What I read.... is that Lightning orders must include a photocopy of the drivers license of the customer. This is to prevent dealers from ordering cars for fictitious or straw buyers, which of course would end up as dealer stock with an ADM when the original "buyer" refuses to take delivery.

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Note: If you order through the dealer (vs. online) you do lose access to a lot of the order tracking information online (since the order isn't linked with your account) and have to rely on updates from the dealer. We did our Mach-e that way and I will be ordering the Lightning online.
This maybe the your best case scenario.
Go at the dealer with your mobile device.
Do the ordering on line yourself while you are with your dealer and at the of the process when you will be asked to pick your dealer, you watch the order transfered to them and witness it in their order list.
You be involved and they can verify your order in their records.
My dealer is very cooperative. When I had my MME delivered to them they didn't think too much of it. I was the first customer. Now that they have involved with few MMEs they understand the process. My relationship with my dealer is very good. They even showed me their reservation list. To my surprise they have over 160 reservations so far for the F-150 Lightning. So.....they don't want to mess this system up. They will work with me anytime. Good luck to all. I am waiting just like you for that email. Patience.

Shumdit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model s, model x, 10 others....
Occupation
Car junkie
This maybe the your best case scenario.
Go at the dealer with your mobile device.
Do the ordering on line yourself while you are with your dealer and at the of the process when you will be asked to pick your dealer, you watch the order transfered to them and witness it in their order list.
You be involved and they can verify your order in their records.
My dealer is very cooperative. When I had my MME delivered to them they didn't think too much of it. I was the first customer. Now that they have involved with few MMEs they understand the process. My relationship with my dealer is very good. They even showed me their reservation list. To my surprise they have over 160 reservations so far for the F-150 Lightning. So.....they don't want to mess this system up. They will work with me anytime. Good luck to all. I am waiting just like you for that email. Patience.
who is your dealer if you don’t mind saying?
Sponsored