• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
Why the "non-standard" caveat here? Is there an amount that is considered standard markup?
No, but in cases where they have the amount of interest from retail customers a standard markup would be a good idea to appease dealerships who are struggling but then also somewhat appease the customer from flagrant markup (like we saw). I suppose you could just build it into the price, but that would artificially inflate the price. I think you get what I mean. The key is standard vs. wildwest markups
Sponsored

dwhitmore22

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Made my reservation on 5/24/21. My SoCal Ford dealer just told me I'm #54 in line. Hopefully that gives others more hope. I'm also one of those lucky few whose dealership changed ownership/names, so Ford refunded my deposit and my reservation no longer shows on my Ford.com account... Fingers crossed.

Captain337

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning PRO
Reserve confirmation on 5/19 at 9:08PM (Central) at small, local TN dealership. Wave 1 order invite received 1/6 at 4:38PM. Despite original dealer promising MSRP, they had a $2000 "difference from total MSRP" on order portal plus a quoted $689 doc fee. I moved reservation on 1/7 to other small TN dealership with $0 ADM and $300 doc fee and submitted order for IBS PRO w/ max trailer, tow tech, & spray-in liner. Order has been submitted to dealer and accepted by dealer on 1/7.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Reserve confirmation on 5/19 at 9:08PM (Central) at small, local TN dealership. Wave 1 order invite received 1/6 at 4:38PM. Despite original dealer promising MSRP, they had a $2000 "difference from total MSRP" on order portal plus a quoted $689 doc fee. I moved reservation on 1/7 to other small TN dealership with $0 ADM and $300 doc fee and submitted order for IBS PRO w/ max trailer, tow tech, & spray-in liner. Order has been submitted to dealer and accepted by dealer on 1/7.
Glad to hear someone from TN was able to get one!

I haven't seen anyone else on this forum who switched dealers after receiving an order invite. That would indicate that you can move the reservation to a dealer who doesn't have an allocation for a particular wave.

Was there any trouble finding a dealer that could take the reservation? Were there any hurdles that came up with switching the dealer after the order invite?

Also, are you willing to share the dealers you worked with? I'm having trouble with my clueless dealer and may want to switch to someone more competent.

Artificial Intelligence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking
After going through this thread I contacted sales director at my dealership. He tells me i'm top 20 priority (meaning i'm #20) 05/20 reservation... and they have processed grand total of 1 order. This is a volume dealer Dallas suburb. In hindsight i should have picked a small dealership... oh well. I will continue to wait.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I’m sure the coming waves will have more allocations available per dealer…. Don’t lose hope

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
All of these "No" answers to "dealer priority" are interesting. I wonder if a third option should be "don't know" and some of those "no"s are actually "yes". For those of you who answered no...did your dealer tell they *did* submit a priority list and you were *not* on it? This would give me hope for MY22 since I reserved about 15 minutes into the reveal 5/19.

Alternatively, as others have pointed out, maybe some dealers weren't tech saavy enough to understand the prioritization thing (or just didn't care) and didn't submit a list to Ford
Well before we knew about the priority list, my dealership told me I was in the #1 slot. So if they did use priority, then they decided to keep me in the #1 position.

Captain337

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning PRO
Glad to hear someone from TN was able to get one!

I haven't seen anyone else on this forum who switched dealers after receiving an order invite. That would indicate that you can move the reservation to a dealer who doesn't have an allocation for a particular wave.

Was there any trouble finding a dealer that could take the reservation? Were there any hurdles that came up with switching the dealer after the order invite?

Also, are you willing to share the dealers you worked with? I'm having trouble with my clueless dealer and may want to switch to someone more competent.
We'll see what happens with my order once production starts but Ford marketing employee that switched my reservation mentioned allocation could be an issue. I moved from Newton Ford South (Shelbyville) to Bates (Lebanon).

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Bates (Lebanon).
Where they'll trade for anything that don't eat!

Thanks for providing that info. I'd bet you're golden if the system let Bates approve the order. It makes me happy that the ADM dealer won't get the sale. Hopefully it also means that they'll be allocated one less truck this year.

Best of luck!

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Is that $500 additional deposit also refundable in case in future you want to opt out (and plan to go for cybertruck or silverado EV or Hummer EV :p )? Is this deposit there for every dealer?
When I asked my dealer, he said no additional deposit would be required on top of the initial $100 I paid. SO little curious here. TIA.
It said you would have to ask your dealer if it was refundable so I actually did hesitate when ordering and reached out. Not sure I would have withheld my order if dealer said no, but they quickly responded yes. I think they somehow populated an additional deposit amount preference with Ford so that it would populate what they want in the system - I have only heard $500 and $1000 but no $0.

I'll mention that my dealer has also been responsive and honest from day 1. I was their first order and reached out regular - probably making them aware of things before they could see in their email. I'm not sure they populated all their priority spots with reservation holders by order time, but I believe they prioritized me to #1 based on my strong interest and early reservation.

Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
From the Library of Meaningless Statistics

Ford Estimate of Total Reservations = 200,000

F150Gen14 List of Reservations Sample = 1,177

1,177/200,000 = 0.5885 % Our Sample Size

F150Gen14 List of Order Sample = 39 (Early Sampling)

Estimated Orders in Wave #1 = 39/.005885 = 6,627 Conversions

Estimated Conversion Rate of 80% = ? * .80 = 6,627 (Probably Higher Based on Early Sampling)

Estimated Invites Wave #1 = 8,283 = About 1/2 of First Reservation Day Submissions

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape

Estimated Conversion Rate of 80% = ? * .80 = 6,627 (Probably Higher Based on Early Sampling)

Estimated Invites Wave #1 = 8,283 = About 1/2 of First Reservation Day Submissions
I bet that there were less than 1000 invited for wave 1.. One per dealer.. and definitely many dealers who never got any (like mine, a huge deal in SoCal)

JustaProGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning

I know the number, this is not correct, it is lower, it was mistakenly given to me. I'm only saying this so people don't think 40% of the 2022 allocations have been ordered.

Last edited:

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I know the number, this is not correct, it is lower, it was mistakenly given to me. I'm only saying this so people don't think 40% of the 2022 allocations have been ordered.
And The Correct Number Is>………..??????????????
Sponsored