Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
I'm just not sure I'm ready to experiment with a $1000 mid section kit yet lol
Yes sir… do your homework first… that’s a lot of money…. let us know how you make out…
Sponsored

Gidds01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat BAP
I will, I'll try get pics and part numbers of any differences. The only reason I can think of for a difference would be the tail pipe clearance around the spare, the tremor should have a larger spare. I'll get his vin and when I'm in for an oil change I'll see if my parts guy can run the vins to compare. Like you guys I'm 99% certain they're are the same tremor and BAP

Gidds01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat BAP
I did a sided by side comparison of my 2022 BAP, and my buddies 2023 Tremor, and neither of us could find any differences in the exhaust. Any of the factory PN stickers that were left were also the same. So, without running the VINS, which i plan to still do, I would say they're identical.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Thanks @Gidds01 If I can ask a favor, when you have a second. Can you please take a picture of the hanger that attaches to the frame and the front of your muffler. Thank you.

Sponsored

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
I'm just sitting at work bored. Here's a few pics
THANK YOU! Exactly what I needed to see. I thought the BAP/Tremor might have some adjustment, forward or backward in that hanger to align the tail pipe tips with the face of the rear bumper cut-outs.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales

Sponsored

JJLikesIt

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Lariat 3.5L FX4 Sport
Occupation
BlueLine
All done. I wanted to stay OEM as much as possible. At one point I was about to give up and go aftermarket because I couldn't find any take-off Raptor/Tremor/Rattler muffler or tail pipes that weren't cut up, damaged during removal or over priced. I could order them, but they always are on backorder. Then one day out of the blue some one on this forum reached out to me offering their Tremor exhaust system - @Cranbery thank you man!

It turned out great, the install was tricky laying on my garage floor :) It took around 2 /2.5 hours is all. All bolt on and aligned just like the factory. Big difference in sound vs my original single side exhaust. Clearly there is a difference between the single and dual exist mufflers. A deep mellow tone at startup, idle and accelerating, unnoticeable at cruising speed, no drone. Looks great. Looks factory. Sounds tough without being loud. The Tremor take-off is from a 3.5 EB and I have a 5.0L. Research says the muffler and tail pipes are the same for each engine though. I'm not sure about the resonator, I reused mine on my 5.0 but a tape measure says they are the same.

A couple of gotchas that I ran into. Squirt some WD40 or the like on the rubber hangers. Support the mid pipe just after the resonator. I used a racket strap, not tight, but just tight enough to support it. I wanted to keep my original exhaust in tact. With that in mind, you have to remove the front and rear muffler hangers from the frame (hence the reason for the ratchet strap). In order to remove the muffler, you need to twist it a little to "unlock" it from the mid pipe. As you do that the tail pipe will want to go up towards the body, so protect the body/paint with blue tape or something. Now wiggle and pull on the muffler to disconnect it from the mid pipe. Be ready to catch the muffler, you don't want the tail pipe to bang into the truck body/paint. It sounds difficult, maybe it is, but mine pulled right out, on my back, in 108* Texas heat :) The hard part is actually trying to remove the twisted tail pipe and muffler assembly, over the axle. Believe me, I almost said <you know what> and just cut the tail pipe off, but I didn't. I ended up putting 4-2x12x12 stacked under the rear tires. That provided enough lift to remove the muffler/tail pipe forward over the axle and out. Take your time, I can't stress that enough, the tail pipe likes to hit things on the way out as you wrestle with the muffler. Next, the bumper bracket that goes over the tail pipe tip goes between the painted bumper end and the hitch assembly. The first time I attached that bracket to the truck side of the hitch, but that's wrong. The hole on the outside end of the bracket didn't line up with the bumper end properly. I could see the end of the bumper was not aligned with the tail gate. The tail pipe tips are painted from the factory. Fortunately, the tips remove easily (orbital connection / nice for aligning with the bumper cut-out), roughen up the painted surface gently (ex. 0000 steel wool), clean and paint with high temp paint.

1692789075703.png
I need this

SuperRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 502A
Has anyone done this swap with a PB now that you can get a PB/BAP with duals?

vinnie45acp

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat Sport/Black out/502A
Occupation
Logistics

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Has anyone done this swap with a PB now that you can get a PB/BAP with duals?
I thought (hoped) it was the same swap. I have a 22 PB BAP with single exhaust. I bought all the parts but haven’t done the swap yet.

Coll4646

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Have a PB as well, curious to see if it works!
Sponsored