First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150; 16 Expedition; 91 Mustang LX; 72 Maverick
Occupation
CPA
I really like the Tremor rear bumper much better than the Lariat stock rear bumper. Has anyone done this yet? If not does anyone foresee an issue, sensors or otherwise? I have ordered the Lariat with the 502A, 360 degree camera, lane keep assist, park assist, Max Tow Package, etc. Obviously the exhaust would have to be custom but I am ok with that.

Ford F-150 Swapping the Lariat rear bumper for the Tremor rear bumper 1636398109648
Sponsored

Sethysan

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150
Occupation
Healthcare
I don't see it being an issue. The only sensors I know of actually in the rear bumper itself are the rear parking sensors (the 4 black circles). Those should be able to swap in and out interchangeably. And then like you said, getting a dual exit setup to fit.

Please post pictures when you do it! It'll look great!

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I am thinking of doing this mod as well. Really dont know why Ford didnt do Factory Dual Exhaust on Non-Tremors with this gen of truck.

GM has been doing it since 2019, and RAM i believe has been doing it since like 2013.

Northern Goat

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Audi Etron. 2020 Explorer ST
The rear bumper and exhaust was one of numerous aesthetics that made me cancel my 502A and get a Tremor.

OP
OP
cscheut

cscheut

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CPA
The rear bumper and exhaust was one of numerous aesthetics that made me cancel my 502A and get a Tremor.
I would have done the same thing, but I wanted the coyote. Love the Ecoboost in my wife's Expedition but figured I would grab the V8 while they still offer one. Now to spend the extra cash for all the aesthetics, lol. Going to do the skid plate upfront as well but there is already a thread for that.

Sponsored

Another Ford

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I really like the Tremor rear bumper much better than the Lariat stock rear bumper. Has anyone done this yet? If not does anyone foresee an issue, sensors or otherwise? I have ordered the Lariat with the 502A, 360 degree camera, lane keep assist, park assist, Max Tow Package, etc. Obviously the exhaust would have to be custom but I am ok with that.

1636398109648.png
You should be able to just order the end caps and paint to match.
Ford F-150 Swapping the Lariat rear bumper for the Tremor rear bumper 1636990677888

OP
OP
cscheut

cscheut

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CPA
You should be able to just order the end caps and paint to match.
1636990677888.png
You may be right, didn't see that before. I am going to look into that. Good call!

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost

Sponsored

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
Machine Designer - Ford Motor Co.
personally i'm NOT a fan of the rear bumper exhaust. It may "look" cool, but from a Truck usability perspective... not practical, depending on how you optioned and use your truck.
Ford gives you a work surface tailgate, and power outlets to use power tools and work on the tailgate, which i have done.
Since the truck needs to be running to use the 110v power, The LAST thing i want is exhaust billowing out from under the tailgate and up into my face. lol

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Did you end up going through with this? I am on the same mission. I ordered the end caps, and found out after the fact that the tow hitch on the Tremor has a different P/N than non-Tremor trucks, and part of the end caps supposedly mount onto the hitch.

Note the end caps below. The top one is obviously from the Tremor which I ordered. The upper attachment tab on the Tremor bumper has three holes drilled for attachments and the regular one only has two. The lower attachment tab on the Tremor bumper is very small with only one hole right next the exhaust cut out, but the regular F150 bumper has a long tab with three attachments points.

The only way we will know if I need to order the hitch is once they get painted and we try to put it on. However, I am hoping someone has already tried this and can tell me if I need to order the Tremor tow hitch or not. It is almost $400 at dealer cost and it cannot be returned, so I only want to buy it if I absolutely need to.

Ford F-150 Swapping the Lariat rear bumper for the Tremor rear bumper IMG_2318

Ford F-150 Swapping the Lariat rear bumper for the Tremor rear bumper 20211201_121111
Ford F-150 Swapping the Lariat rear bumper for the Tremor rear bumper 20211201_121132

njhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0
Did you end up going through with this? I am on the same mission. I ordered the end caps, and found out after the fact that the tow hitch on the Tremor has a different P/N than non-Tremor trucks, and part of the end caps supposedly mount onto the hitch.

Note the end caps below. The top one is obviously from the Tremor which I ordered. The upper attachment tab on the Tremor bumper has three holes drilled for attachments and the regular one only has two. The lower attachment tab on the Tremor bumper is very small with only one hole right next the exhaust cut out, but the regular F150 bumper has a long tab with three attachments points.

The only way we will know if I need to order the hitch is once they get painted and we try to put it on. However, I am hoping someone has already tried this and can tell me if I need to order the Tremor tow hitch or not. It is almost $400 at dealer cost and it cannot be returned, so I only want to buy it if I absolutely need to.

IMG_2318.jpg

20211201_121111.jpg
20211201_121132.jpg
I am looking to buy the same parts and am curious if you tried to install these yet.