4/26 Build Week

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Its been a while since i posted.. Picked up my F150 July 30th, picked up my RV AUgust 4th. Drive like a mad man to put down 1000miles in a week to get the truck broken in. Travel Trailer is 7000lbs GVWR. F150 pulls strong, but there is a lot of trailer bounce at highway speeds. Running on an Equilzier hitch. Will see how it goes! Its been a dream to own an RV, and after ordering my F150 Jan 3rd and the RV Jan 10th, i am very happy that the dream came true!

1628260885275.png
Your trailer bounce worries me since I might have to pull a 10,000lb boat/trailer every once in a while. But a boat is very rear heavy as opposed to a travel trailer. Do you have a weight distributing hitch?
Sponsored

Markl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Just another note, and not a lot of people know this, but the factory OEM tires are made special for the manufactures. They are not the same as "off the shelf" tires. They typically have a shorter lifespan as the material is softer to give the illusion of a better ride. (for people test driving) This material also is cheaper, allowing the car maker to save some pennies.

While you will never get Ford, Chevy, ect to admit it, there are lots of articles on the internet explaining how and why they do it.
Makes sense, although my 2016 with Michelin 20” lasted me to around 65k, still had a little left too! I was impressed with that! It had a loot of trailer miles on the truck too!

Markl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Hey all - question for you 59ers...

I have the option to take delivery of my original Ramp 59'd order this weekend instead of my reorder which was built today (same truck)!

With rebates and $300 Job 2 increase, the original is about $800- $1300 cheaper.

Do you think the older one is worth it? I'm concerned about the truck sitting for 3 months vs a newer vehicle built with better QC.

Anyone who's taken delivery of a truck that sat waiting for chips - I'd appreciate knowing the condition of your truck when it came in. Thanks guys!
I would not have known iit had sat had I not tracked it, mine sat since 4/26 and took delivery on 7/29 no issues at all thus far.

kmayer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 F250
Occupation
Web Design Agency

I have the option to take delivery of my original Ramp 59'd order this weekend instead of my reorder which was built today (same truck)!

With rebates and $300 Job 2 increase, the original is about $800- $1300 cheaper.

Do you think the older one is worth it? I'm concerned about the truck sitting for 3 months vs a newer vehicle built with better QC.

Anyone who's taken delivery of a truck that sat waiting for chips - I'd appreciate knowing the condition of your truck when it came in. Thanks guys!
I have not seen any evidence that ramp 59 trucks have been any less satisfactory than their non 59 counterparts.

JayMan

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Health Care
Hey looking for others perspectives. I pick my truck up tomorrow. This is my 3rd new truck and I usually put about 130 - 150KM/80,000 miles on them before trading them in. I did not buy extended warranty on the previse 2 but am seriously considering it with this one. I would buy the Ford warranty if I was going to. What are the rest of you doing? Any comments and thoughts would assist. Thanks!!!
Hey looking for others perspectives. I pick my truck up tomorrow. This is my 3rd new truck and I usually put about 130 - 150KM/80,000 miles on them before trading them in. I did not buy extended warranty on the previse 2 but am seriously considering it with this one. I would buy the Ford warranty if I was going to. What are the rest of you doing? Any comments and thoughts would assist. Thanks!!!
Hey Saskriders! I’ve been exploring this issue too - my truck is supposed to be here in BC in the next couple weeks. This is my first domestic vehicle ever as I’ve always been a Toyota/Honda/Subaru guy. I’m of the mindset that any new vehicle has to earn my trust. It also seems from reviewing forums and info online that there are a lot of issues with this new f150, especially in the Tech department. I spoke to someone at my dealership and they said the basic 3 year/60Km warranty doesn’t necessarily cover all components either. I know it’s pricey but at least with an ESP everything that goes wrong will be covered and if it’s in the shop for an extended period I can have rental car coverage. Plus if I’m getting close to the end of the ESP time period and the vehicle has had a lot of issues then I can look to sell it. Either way it is a gamble to not get it and hope your truck is problem free or get the ESP and have no issues with the truck. I think this time I’ll settle for peace of mind as there’s way too many other things out there competing for our attention these days. I was quoted 7 yr/100Km ESP for $4900 and 8 yr/120km for $6500. Think I’ll go with the the 7year.

Sponsored

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Yesterday my gauge cluster kept turning off and back on while I was driving. It doesn't affect the driving, so I'll have my dealer address it when they fix the scratches in my interior.
Check the fuses, so many of them are not pushed in all the way and it can cause weird electrical issues. The two things that most commonly cause this are fuses or a loose battery connection. Several have reported similar issues and it was one or the other.

Mrobles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum, 2019 Z06
Hey Saskriders! I’ve been exploring this issue too - my truck is supposed to be here in BC in the next couple weeks. This is my first domestic vehicle ever as I’ve always been a Toyota/Honda/Subaru guy. I’m of the mindset that any new vehicle has to earn my trust. It also seems from reviewing forums and info online that there are a lot of issues with this new f150, especially in the Tech department. I spoke to someone at my dealership and they said the basic 3 year/60Km warranty doesn’t necessarily cover all components either. I know it’s pricey but at least with an ESP everything that goes wrong will be covered and if it’s in the shop for an extended period I can have rental car coverage. Plus if I’m getting close to the end of the ESP time period and the vehicle has had a lot of issues then I can look to sell it. Either way it is a gamble to not get it and hope your truck is problem free or get the ESP and have no issues with the truck. I think this time I’ll settle for peace of mind as there’s way too many other things out there competing for our attention these days. I was quoted 7 yr/100Km ESP for $4900 and 8 yr/120km for $6500. Think I’ll go with the the 7year.
Check Flood Ford esp. you will save a lot of money for the same thing. I am not sure about you being in BC though.

molf21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician
I got 10 years 120k for $2800 In Indiana. Sounds like a lot to me.

LA1401

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021Lariat 502a Supercab
Occupation
government employee

I pondered that same question & have decided that I will buy a Ford ESP for the 2021 F-150. I have had 7 new trucks & never even considered an ESP, and never would have used it, but with all the new tech in the 2021's, I will bite the bullet and buy one. With my luck if I didn't buy the ESP this time, I would probably need it & hopefully since I am buying one, I won't need it! Congrats on your new truck!

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology

I was able to view my truck straight off the car carrier, before the dealership got a chance to wash and clean it up. My observation was I could tell tell the truck had been sitting from the slightly faded black plastics but nothing that could not be fixed with a good detailing. What was more disturbing to me was the amount of rail dust that was on the truck. The truck was covered in a layer of abrasive dust from the train ride. I've heard about that issue before but never witnessed it first hand as the trucks are always washed before I pick them up. I've ordered a bottle of iron remover and plan on giving it a heavy dose as part of the first wash / clay /polish / wax treatment.

Sponsored

RidingHi

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 lariat, Bronze Fire, Super Cab, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport, Long Beach Red
Occupation
Retired
My truck is being delivered to southwest Florida and has been sitting in the Orlando train yard since 7/29. It shipped 7/22. I don't know what the hold up is. ETA for me is 8/06-8/12 so I guess I can't complain yet. I've previously read that there's a shortage of truck drivers, maybe that is the hold up.
Wow, that seems like a crazy long time for a vehicle to be sitting in a train yard before being delivered to the dealer. I sure hope mine gets out quicker than that. Hopefully you’ll get good news soon.

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 5.0 (sold), 21 PB (sold), 22 5.0
Occupation
Gearhead!
I was able to view my truck straight off the car carrier, before the dealership got a chance to wash and clean it up. My observation was I could tell tell the truck had been sitting from the slightly faded black plastics but nothing that could not be fixed with a good detailing. What was more disturbing to me was the amount of rail dust that was on the truck. The truck was covered in a layer of abrasive dust from the train ride. I've heard about that issue before but never witnessed it first hand as the trucks are always washed before I pick them up. I've ordered a bottle of iron remover and plan on giving it a heavy dose as part of the first wash / clay /polish / wax treatment.
That's good to know. However, for me at least that shouldn't be a deciding factor. I assume all F-150s accumulate train dust in transit regardless of whether they were parked in a parking lot for a couple months.

SaskRiders

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Lariat, 2017 Edge, 1989 Honda HA2
I pondered that same question & have decided that I will buy a Ford ESP for the 2021 F-150. I have had 7 new trucks & never even considered an ESP, and never would have used it, but with all the new tech in the 2021's, I will bite the bullet and buy one. With my luck if I didn't buy the ESP this time, I would probably need it & hopefully since I am buying one, I won't need it! Congrats on your new truck!
In the same boat. Never bought before and we have 6 new vehicles. The technology on this one has me a little worried. Appreciate the info. Concerned also about the different rates for extended warranties that I am hearing.

SaskRiders

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Lariat, 2017 Edge, 1989 Honda HA2
I was quoted 5 year bumper to bumper/100km at $2995.

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
I was quoted 5 year bumper to bumper/100km at $2995.
Check the thread on online ESP dealers I was quoted $1900 for 5 yr 75K miles
Sponsored