Canadian Vehicles Ordered/Delays/Delivery Dates

Blinky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I'm pretty sure my order is stuck waiting for chips. In Production status since May 15. Had a blend date of May 14th. Been 10 days without changing status to Built. Though ETA is still at June 14th. Seems like if it's waiting as In Production for any longer than 3-4 days, it's waiting on parts and won't be completed for a while.

Was really hoping to get the truck for summer camping trips. Don't think that's gonna happen now.
Sponsored

PoppyE

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150
Occupation
Trucker
I'm pretty sure my order is stuck waiting for chips. In Production status since May 15. Had a blend date of May 14th. Been 10 days without changing status to Built. Though ETA is still at June 14th. Seems like if it's waiting as In Production for any longer than 3-4 days, it's waiting on parts and won't be completed for a while.

Was really hoping to get the truck for summer camping trips. Don't think that's gonna happen now.
You should have your dealer check into it ? Maybe the status just never got updated on this tracking page ?

Blinky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
You should have your dealer check into it ? Maybe the status just never got updated on this tracking page ?
I checked in last week. Will be checking in later this week. But the tracker on this site uses the same data as the ford tracker (https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#). Same one all the custom order tracking sites use.

From what I've read and researched, dealers have a little more detailed information on the current status. So could tell me it's waiting for chips or whatever part. They don't have much more info on when it will move to the next status (i.e. built, shipped, etc.). Don't think Ford HQ knows that for any given vehicle at this point with how messed up the supply chain is.

At this point is just a waiting game.

PoppyE

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150
Occupation
Trucker
I checked in last week. Will be checking in later this week. But the tracker on this site uses the same data as the ford tracker (https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#). Same one all the custom order tracking sites use.

From what I've read and researched, dealers have a little more detailed information on the current status. So could tell me it's waiting for chips or whatever part. They don't have much more info on when it will move to the next status (i.e. built, shipped, etc.). Don't think Ford HQ knows that for any given vehicle at this point with how messed up the supply chain is.

At this point is just a waiting game.
[/QUOTE
Well hopefully your truck shows up in the next couple weeks. My blend date is 5/26 I’m also from Canada. I’m trying to be optimistic .

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
This is where I'm at. When I run the vin through the tracker on this forum it says it was shipped 5/16 but no confirmation from the Ford tracker. I have no idea if the truck is still at the plant or if it's a few days away ? Not knowing what's going on really screws me up logistically as I have a truck to dismantle and get rid of prior to it's arrival.

If I had to guess, it got dropped off the tracker and is on a railcar somewhere, but until I know for sure I have to hold on to my current F150.

Ford F-150 Canadian Vehicles Ordered/Delays/Delivery Dates Capture.PNG

I do know that Produced and Released means it's built and complete, so I doubt it's being held up waiting for chips.

Sponsored

65mustang

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
56 TBird, 65 Mustang, 98 F250 etc
Occupation
Retired FoMoCo
There does not seem to be any logic to deliveries, here is what I posted May 13th " Here's a good one .... Talked to my Dealer few minutes ago. I ordered my truck Dec. 3 another customer Dec. 11. They were both built on April 30th, only 7 yes seven rotation numbers apart. He got his delivered to the Dealer today, mine is showing mid Aug. ETA? Go figure"(I have a Lariat 501 on order, 2.7L)
My delivery just got pushed back to Aug. 28th, going the wrong way!

Ezyrolln

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (on order)
good chance they probably don't have a VIN to provide, ask for an updated DORA.
what does updated DORA look like? when i initially ordered my truck on March 31 they gave me DORA (looks like a reciept when you purchase something at the store, has my order # on it). No VIN information as of yet from my salesperson, you think asking updated DORA will be more information?

JDMan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

10 days? Ohh no. Dude you're fine. Most people have been "In production" for 1-4 months.

Most newbie builds in May are getting shipped. It's only if you got built in April or before that, then you're fucked.

DaveK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat, 2019 XT4
So what’s the educated guess on a Lariat 502A, 2.7, moonroof, power tailgate? Ordered at my dealer on May 1st, checked in today, no VIN available.

JayceeP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
From an employee on another forum:

“ Produced vehicles being held for the microchip issue will now show a "Micro Chip At Plant On Hold" status in Vehicle Visibility. I believe that Ford is using 10/31/2021 as a default ETA for the affected units pending resolution or updated information on microchip availability for the affected vehicle.”

Sponsored

Blinky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
From an employee on another forum:

“ Produced vehicles being held for the microchip issue will now show a "Micro Chip At Plant On Hold" status in Vehicle Visibility. I believe that Ford is using 10/31/2021 as a default ETA for the affected units pending resolution or updated information on microchip availability for the affected vehicle.”
That is very interesting. Guess that would only show up on dealers tracking, not trackers like the one on this site. As the primary status would still be "In Production"

JDMan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
So what’s the educated guess on a Lariat 502A, 2.7, moonroof, power tailgate? Ordered at my dealer on May 1st, checked in today, no VIN available.
You'll get your vehicle in 30 days from cannibalizing parts of vehicles on ramp59

Hali_Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
I've seen no changes in the tracker since my blend date of 04/21, other than my ETA changing to 1990. I checked in with the dealer yesterday and they were able to tell me it's built, but waiting for wiper motors and main screen. No ETA available though. This is so frustrating!

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Dude,
Dude, that’s a loaded question. I’m assuming you are fairly new to this forum... let me fill you in.

There are some here ready to tear Jim Farleys head off, these are the guys who ordered in 2020 and still haven’t got their truck. Don’t mess with these guys... they are grumpy.

Some ordered in Jan/ Feb who are getting there on the grumpy scale. Many of these guys got their hopes up when they got a VIN but in production Ford ran out of parts and their trucks are sitting in Ramp 59 (Dearborn) or in the speedway parking lot (Kansas City) these guys are in purgatory... so close and yet so far.

There are some (myself included) who ordered March/ April who have a VIN but also have a fairytale build date, constantly moving but never real. We are destined to be grumpy but haven’t put in the time yet... Grumpy-in-training.

Then there are the newbies like you, still high from placing your order and full of optimism dreaming about your new truck. Stay with it while you can... keep the faith!

The bottom line is no one knows you truck schedule, not the people here in this forum, not your dealer, not Ford. Well, there might be a lord-of-the-rings shaman in Ford’s scheduling department who does, but you he lives on a cave on the north face of Everest and is inaccessible to mere mortals like you and I.

Good luck Starbuck!

JDMan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Dude,

Dude, that’s a loaded question. I’m assuming you are fairly new to this forum... let me fill you in.

There are some here ready to tear Jim Farleys head off, these are the guys who ordered in 2020 and still haven’t got their truck. Don’t mess with these guys... they are grumpy.

Some ordered in Jan/ Feb who are getting there on the grumpy scale. Many of these guys got their hopes up when they got a VIN but in production Ford ran out of parts and their trucks are sitting in Ramp 59 (Dearborn) or in the speedway parking lot (Kansas City) these guys are in purgatory... so close and yet so far.

There are some (myself included) who ordered March/ April who have a VIN but also have a fairytale build date, constantly moving but never real. We are destined to be grumpy but haven’t put in the time yet... Grumpy-in-training.

Then there are the newbies like you, still high from placing your order and full of optimism dreaming about your new truck. Stay with it while you can... keep the faith!

The bottom line is no one knows you truck schedule, not the people here in this forum, not your dealer, not Ford. Well, there might be a lord-of-the-rings shaman in Ford’s scheduling department who does, but you he lives on a cave on the north face of Everest and is inaccessible to mere mortals like you and I.

Good luck Starbuck!
Literally the best post in the history of this forum. LOL. Someone should sticky this with a subject "I just ordered 5 days ago.. WHERE IS MY VIN?"
Sponsored