Sponsored

Can Active Park Assist 2.0 be installed when parts are available?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Man, I missed the first posts today. I’m guessing for Jesse is like rewatching a bad movie.

Did you run into any new secret sauce since last month? The pics were deleted so I can’t compare to what ya sent me last time. Sound like some folks are giving it a shot. Good luck to all, know what you’ll be during today, lol ;)
Not really but I mean the lack of communication is what drives me nuts.. I get a message it works and then there is a n error..

Im going to do it myslef.. Im not going to fall for it again.. Then the communication has to be fluent and fast.. I cant sit here and wait two hours for responses. If I ask something I need an answer !!! You committed to do it and then you dip. Im done.. Its frustrating and makes ME look idiotic.

I never get passed the as build changes.. I need to do it test it thoroughly and then release it
Sponsored

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Hold on. Damn it.. I need 100% clarification now.. before I say anythign else
OK, I'm holding off for now. If you need an extra guinea pig to keep working on testing it out, I'm happy to help out. I have some time to work on it this evening if you figured it out.

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
Not really but I mean the lack of communication is what drives me nuts.. I get a message it works and then there is a n error..
Errgh…. completely understand. Unfortunate someone let their excitement jump the gun and ice the progress until someone gets one in your hands.

@Snakebitten … hear Feb is a great time to visit ;)

FWIW, as much as this grated ya, I’m sure it could be worked out providing expectations are synched up beforehand and a set time for the back and forth or remote session is established.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
OK, I'm holding off for now. If you need an extra guinea pig to keep working on testing it out, I'm happy to help out. I have some time to work on it this evening if you figured it out.
Its up to you if you still have the changes saved..

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Its up to you if you still have the changes saved..
I do, and will try it. However, I just got invited to a work meeting that starts in about 15 minutes, so I'll have to wait for a few more hours before I can execute. So much for a lunch break.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I do, and will try it. However, I just got invited to a work meeting that starts in about 15 minutes, so I'll have to wait for a few more hours before I can execute. So much for a lunch break.
No hurry.. BUT IF you do it and there is something let me know so I can look into it

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I got all the changes made to forscan. I still have errors . Sensor dtc. Jessi helped me to verify that the sensors are good. All the right hardware. Unfortunately it looks like my ipma module is different. Like the auto park is not in it. I still need to verify the wiring to it. I'm hoping someone can give advice how to remove the unit. It's really packed in and I don't see how it removes.

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got all the changes made to forscan. I still have errors . Sensor dtc. Jessi helped me to verify that the sensors are good. All the right hardware. Unfortunately it looks like my ipma module is different. Like the auto park is not in it. I still need to verify the wiring to it. I'm hoping someone can give advice how to remove the unit. It's really packed in and I don't see how it removes.
Good update, Thanks.

So pretty much what @personalt was saying here:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...ed-when-parts-are-available.13767/post-308041

That would make more sense that Ford have us $360 for a $2600 module versus just changing some configs. inline with the 10 cents on the dollar credit philosophy looking at others deletes.

@personalt asked a great followup question on the part number. Seems off we could get verified 2021 IPMA number compared to a handicapped 2022, that would tell a story.

Are you trying to get to it to get the engineering number from the sticker? Where is it located?

Was @Jesse-Infotainment satisfied its a module versus wanting to still get hands on one locally?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Good update, Thanks.

So pretty much what @personalt was saying here:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...ed-when-parts-are-available.13767/post-308041

That would make more sense that Ford have us $360 for a $2600 module versus just changing some configs. inline with the 10 cents on the dollar credit philosophy looking at others deletes.

@personalt asked a great followup question on the part number. Seems off we could get verified 2021 IPMA number compared to a handicapped 2022, that would tell a story.

Are you trying to get to it to get the engineering number from the sticker? Where is it located?

Was @Jesse-Infotainment satisfied its a module versus wanting to still get hands on one locally?
I remoted in.. I was able to really look at it, and see the DTCs.. The only dtcs were the side sensors front and rear..

So the three options are wiring missing and that is doubtful. The sensors are not the correct ones.. Starting to doubt that. The last is the IPMA>. So Im guessing the hardware is different. It is a different part number from the ones that have it.. I could try to load the files onto the IPMA BUT I have loaded the 23 software onto my IPMA and it worked fine.. So Im leaning towards IPMA

The IPMA on ebay is fairly inexpensive.. but a 21 IPMA will work and for sure has APA.

If someone wants to get one Ill program it and update it..

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I remoted in.. I was able to really look at it, and see the DTCs.. The only dtcs were the side sensors front and rear..

So the three options are wiring missing and that is doubtful. The sensors are not the correct ones.. Starting to doubt that. The last is the IPMA>. So Im guessing the hardware is different. It is a different part number from the ones that have it.. I could try to load the files onto the IPMA BUT I have loaded the 23 software onto my IPMA and it worked fine.. So Im leaning towards IPMA

The IPMA on ebay is fairly inexpensive.. but a 21 IPMA will work and for sure has APA.

If someone wants to get one Ill program it and update it..
I have a 2021 IPMA (out of a platnuim) in transit. But my truck is stil a few weeks out from being built. Sadly if all goes well i will be 6 weeks out from delivery. Since I don't have the truck yet i have not dug deep in to fdrs or forscan but @Jesse-Infotainment when you say you 'load the 23 software onto it.' Is that the same as updating the module to the lastest firmware or are you doing somethig more advanced? I wish I had the truck for this. My day job is software engineering and I use to build competiition car stero setups and install car alarms etc in my youth. Ready to dig in to this truck when it comes.

One way to figure out more about the IPMA model numbers might be to look at microcat. There was some good posts on the front harness variations that i tihnk the knowledge came from there. That might tell more about the variations if someone can run that part number through it. I have a non-360 302A on order with the radar module, a set of 360 mirrors and a new IPMA in transit to me. I am thinking I will have no front parking sensors from the start so I will have some work ahead of me to catch up to where I can get this working too but that would be my goal.

Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
I would imagine you do but just to clarify, do you have 360 cams? I don't believe APA uses them at all based off the theory of operation I posted way back when, but back when I was adding ACC, the only differences in the IPMA I found were less or with 360 cams, otherwise they were pretty much the same. But I wouldn't be surprised if there is even more differences to them now.

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I finally got the ipma removed. Verified the wiring was correct. Verified the sensors were correct by swapping out known good sensors. The dtc remained. So all that remains is something different with the module. I'm most likely going to purchase one from jessi.

I would like to learn more about how apa and blue cruse works. Like how the front and rear sensors, 360 cameras and the two front hidden (radar? ) I forgot what they are called. What all these do in the different modes.
I learned by having to basically deconstruct that the side sensors are used in apa.
Is there a thread that discusses this?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The new IPMA without APA specifically say without APA configuration..

We have soemone getting a 21 IPMA that I am updating and programming and they will install it and let us know their truck is fully configured and ready to go so after they plug it in if the DTCs for the side sensors are gone we know.

Im pretty confident now the difference is hardware.

I have a 23 IPMA here I may take a look at the board under the microscope to see if anythign is missing versus the 21

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I
The new IPMA without APA specifically say without APA configuration..

We have soemone getting a 21 IPMA that I am updating and programming and they will install it and let us know their truck is fully configured and ready to go so after they plug it in if the DTCs for the side sensors are gone we know.
Thanks for working thru this. I scanned thru ebay and gave up trying to figure out how sellers were tagging the. Do you have a part number for the 21 IPMA? What were they running on ebay when you could locate the right one?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ok. So I’m not a EE.. but the 21 IPMA has a chip at the location circled

if you notice the 23 does not the cip is label

NV7424-0P8N0- This is a 4 channel LIN transciever.. So guess ho many sensors dont recieve LIN 4 so here is proof the IPMA is different and missing a chip

Ford F-150 Can Active Park Assist 2.0 be installed when parts are available? 32BFC13B-9A4E-416B-82F6-8211CACBBC5D

Ford F-150 Can Active Park Assist 2.0 be installed when parts are available? C00E2872-4B18-4708-AB7F-34FCC5160A60
Sponsored