First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
IT
From the Ford website it shows my truck is 231.7 inches long. Is that total clearance including the hitch receiver? I want to make sure it's going to fit in my garage. I have about 233 inches clearance from front to back.

2022 F150 PB Supercrew Platnium with Max Tow

It was supposed to be built last week but now on hold :(
Sponsored

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
The rear bumper sticks out past the receiver hitch. Unless you have a ball mount in your receiver of course.

So that dimension should be overall from bumper to bumper.

It’s going to be tight but should work I would guess.

The front license plate and bracket might not be included in that dimension, so I’d add another inch or so for that if you plan on running a front plate.

OP
OP

smithbillp

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
IT
The rear bumper sticks out past the receiver hitch. Unless you have a ball mount in your receiver of course.

So that dimension should be overall from bumper to bumper.

It’s going to be tight but should work I would guess.

The front license plate and bracket might not be included in that dimension, so I’d add another inch or so for that if you plan on running a front plate.

Thank you- it would be nice to actually see something similar to what I was ordering but that was impossible. I won't have a front plate so I should be good with an extra 1.3 inches to spare.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
body builder book
looks like hitch is part of the truck so it should be included in overall length and as mentioned, the bumper is the longest point your going to be tight. i would look at the garage door hinges to make sure they miss the truck
mine stick out 2 inches from door panel
i was looking for the pic of the guy that cut our a hood height section of the front garage wall, it protuded into the next room. it was funny as heck

Sponsored

Longdeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Platinum 701A PB
Occupation
Retired Drives & Controls Automation Electrical Engineer
Could have ordered 6.5’ bed with garage door extender instead of 5.5’ one. 😁 Now where did I see that hack on this forum?🤔

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
I thought about the length of a 6.5 bed and made sure I was good when I built my house. I should have gone wider. If my wife parks her SUV where the tennis ball tells her to then her doors are out of striking range but another foot or two would be nice. It's not as close to the passenger side wall as it looks but I do fold the mirrors just to be safe going through the door.
Ford F-150 Total length of F150 20220619_153612

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
How the heck are you going to get the truck what is basically a 1/2" from the wall. I would think you would have to glue down some tire stop blocks at a miniumn and then make sure you came in perfectly straight and are touching both of them.

Is this something you plan to do daily or just when bad weather is coming?

OP
OP

smithbillp

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
IT
Could have ordered 6.5’ bed with garage door extender instead of 5.5’ one. 😁 Now where did I see that hack on this forum?🤔

I would like to have gotten the 6.5' bed but knew it definitely wouldn't fit. Now to find something to protect the front wall of my garage.

Sponsored

OP
OP

smithbillp

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
IT
body builder book
looks like hitch is part of the truck so it should be included in overall length and as mentioned, the bumper is the longest point your going to be tight. i would look at the garage door hinges to make sure they miss the truck
mine stick out 2 inches from door panel
i was looking for the pic of the guy that cut our a hood height section of the front garage wall, it protuded into the next room. it was funny as heck

I have already looked at doing that. I have a closet on the other side of the wall so it is possible. It is a load bearing wall so would take some work. Since it will technically fit I'll wait until I get the truck and see how much trouble I have getting parked.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I have seen where the owners have extended the frame around the overhead door out a couple of feet or so. When done correctly, it looks nice and like it was meant to be.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
I never could understand why garages are not 24' minimum deep. Even that's too tight for my needs.
This. What is the number 1 selling vehicle in North America? How long has it been the number one selling vehicle in North America. Yet home builders still don't build garages to accommodate it or any fullsize pickup. Why?
I don't get it....

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
It comes down to cost per square foot for the home. $250.00 per square foot for a larger garage verses larger living space. Living space and wife go hand in hand...LOL, if you know what I mean.