James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited powerboost
Occupation
Real estate
Hi all,
I know this seems like a stupid question but I ran into an issue with actual versus official lengths with my 2010 super crew with actual being longer. Anyhow, I have a 232.5” garage and it says a super crew short box is officially 231.7”. I’m three weeks out from delivery and wondering if this thing will fit. Anybody willing to do an actual measurement for me?
Sponsored

OP
OP

jbowers24

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real estate
I get it. I’ve been using a laser measuring tool to get my garage length.

Bandito

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited PowerBoost
I don’t think you’re going to fit. If you add the front license plate frame, it’ll put you over. Even without it, you’ve really only got a quarter of an inch to play with at the front and the back. Do you think you can park it that accurately?

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
And add in if not completely square too...

Dude, it ain't gonna fit comfortably.

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
It may be even shorter than you think. Did you include the handle inside the bottom of the door? I've considered replacing mine with a bit of rope. Sometimes it gets too close for comfort!

Sponsored

12Lariat21

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Wow that is tight. Should be easy to get an accurate measurement on a real truck. Use a piece of string and tie a nut or washer to it (plumb bob or plummet), hang it from the forward and rearward most part, mark the ground with a piece of chalk and use a measuring tape to measure the distance between the two marks = accurate front to rear measurement.

I have a 6.5' box SuperCrew, so I can't get the information you requested.

You do have 3 weeks to have a contractor make a clearance space in your garage. Cut-out a section of the wall : add a header to support the wall above the cut-out. This will gain you an addition inch, to inch and a half for a 2x4 construction wall. More if you have a 2x6 wall.

Ford F-150 Official overall length vs actual 1635769888603

OP
OP

jbowers24

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real estate
Wow that is tight. Should be easy to get an accurate measurement on a real truck. Use a piece of string and tie a nut or washer to it (plumb bob or plummet), hang it from the forward and rearward most part, mark the ground with a piece of chalk and use a measuring tape to measure the distance between the two marks = accurate front to rear measurement.

I have a 6.5' box SuperCrew, so I can't get the information you requested.

You do have 3 weeks to have a contractor make a clearance space in your garage. Cut-out a section of the wall : add a header to support the wall above the cut-out. This will gain you an addition inch, to inch and a half for a 2x4 construction wall. More if you have a 2x6 wall.

1635769888603.png
This was exactly my plan, hence the request to see if it’s needed.

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum