Installing Onboard Scale?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I think CCD adds scales but not the other way around?
Sponsored

mcl67513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape
If you have CCD you have the necessary hardware. It's common between the two systems with the exception of the actual CCD struts. The CCD uses those same sensors for its adjustments, controlled by the VDM.

If the scales are not active on your truck you should be able to turn it on via forscan.

When you get your truck if you really do not have the scales, reach out to me and I will see if I can help get them up and running for you. I think I have all of the forscan changes already mapped out.
Just saw your reply, sounds good, I'll reach out after taking delivery.

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
I think CCD adds scales but not the other way around?
I have reviewed as-built for trucks with scales, but no CCD. I have not seen one with CCD and no scales, but who knows. It seems silly to me that they wouldn't just activate the scales menus if someone had CCD, but stranger thing have happened I guess.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have reviewed as-built for trucks with scales, but no CCD. I have not seen one with CCD and no scales, but who knows. It seems silly to me that they wouldn't just activate the scales menus if someone had CCD, but stranger thing have happened I guess.
My memory could be wrong, but when I built my 2022 on the web (using 2021 build platform obviously) I thought I remember choosing scales and noticing it did not add CCD. I then removed scales. I then chose CCD and the pop-up stated "adding scales and smarthitch"

Again, I could be mistaken.

Regardless, someday the truck will be in the driveway and I can get a better look.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just checked, and yes, CCD requires scales. Which supports the theory that the active damper settings are being driven by data from the 4 corner leveling sensors.

Ford F-150 Installing Onboard Scale? Screenshot_20220120-135134_Edge

Sponsored

mcl67513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape
I just checked, and yes, CCD requires scales. Which supports the theory that the active damper settings are being driven by data from the 4 corner leveling sensors.
The MY21 Job 2 (when CCD was added) Order Guide shows that scales and CCD are not mutually required for Lariat trim (requires 502A to get CCD, though). For KR and Plat, they are mutually required (Ltd has both standard).

Ford F-150 Installing Onboard Scale? 1642711266184

Ford F-150 Installing Onboard Scale? 1642711358806

For MY22, order guide is similar, only difference is that scales on a Lariat don't require max towing vs the MY21 requiring max towing, which lends credence to the idea that adding scale functionality would only be a forscan change to enable if you have MY21 CCD Lariat without max towing.

Ford F-150 Installing Onboard Scale? 1642711275762

Ford F-150 Installing Onboard Scale? 1642711504526

Borgelpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Occupation
Aerospace Exec
You are welcome. It was a fun project to look into. I wish I could have come back with better news.
I have a MY21 Raptor, which would seem to have all of the necessary hardware for scales. If you have mapped out all of the necessary Forscan changes, I am willing to give it a shot to see if it can be added if the hardware is in place.

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
I have a MY21 Raptor, which would seem to have all of the necessary hardware for scales. If you have mapped out all of the necessary Forscan changes, I am willing to give it a shot to see if it can be added if the hardware is in place.
Here is what I have based on a Lariat. The wild card is there might be something that needs to be changed in VDM but that module isn’t mapped and the Raptor has no scale option so a comparison of values is out.

APIM
7D0-01-04 xxxx xxxx 78 - Enables the onboard scales and smart hitch menus
7D0-02-02 xxxx xxxx 01 - Enables the taillight indicator control

BCM
726-85-01 xxxx xxx1 xx
726-87-01 xxxx xxxx x1 - These two enable the tail light load indicators

BCMC
6F0-01-01 xxxx x3xx xx - Unknown but I suspect this allows power to the taillight load indicators with the ignition off and supports ford pass. Every scale truck has the "3" ones without have a "1". Also could be power for the VDM module.

HCM
734-01-01 xxxx x2xx xx - Tells the HCM to use the can bus signal from the VDM for head light leveling vs analog signal.

734-01-04 xxx0 A1 - CRC change that makes the first HCM change a valid configuration to avoid "Check Headlights" warning. This based on my truck and similar Lariats with scales. If you King Ranch has a 6 ft bed your code will be different.

Strike throughs shouldn’t apply to your Raptor since it should already be using the canbus for the HCM.

Borgelpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Occupation
Aerospace Exec
Made the changes above on the Raptor, no luck. Still get the “0nboars scales is not operational. Please visit your dealer for service.” Also tried adding a few other hitch related addresses I found in the spreadsheet, but also no luck. Seems we are still missing other changes possibly in the VDM or others modules, or the software is too different for the Raptor. FYI - the BCMC address as built was set to the “3”.

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
Here is what I have based on a Lariat. The wild card is there might be something that needs to be changed in VDM but that module isn’t mapped and the Raptor has no scale option so a comparison of values is out.

APIM
7D0-01-04 xxxx xxxx 78 - Enables the onboard scales and smart hitch menus
7D0-02-02 xxxx xxxx 01 - Enables the taillight indicator control

BCM
726-85-01 xxxx xxx1 xx
726-87-01 xxxx xxxx x1 - These two enable the tail light load indicators

BCMC
6F0-01-01 xxxx x3xx xx - Unknown but I suspect this allows power to the taillight load indicators with the ignition off and supports ford pass. Every scale truck has the "3" ones without have a "1". Also could be power for the VDM module.

HCM
734-01-01 xxxx x2xx xx - Tells the HCM to use the can bus signal from the VDM for head light leveling vs analog signal.

734-01-04 xxx0 A1 - CRC change that makes the first HCM change a valid configuration to avoid "Check Headlights" warning. This based on my truck and similar Lariats with scales. If you King Ranch has a 6 ft bed your code will be different.

Strike throughs shouldn’t apply to your Raptor since it should already be using the canbus for the HCM.
So if I was to input these values into a 2021 Lariat 502A, which has the autolevling headlights, this should enable onboard scales? Or would I still be missing something?

Sponsored

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
So if I was to input these values into a 2021 Lariat 502A, which has the autolevling headlights, this should enable onboard scales? Or would I still be missing something?
You will be missing a VDM module and the passenger side sensors. You will gain the scale screens on the APIM, but they will not work.

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Made the changes above on the Raptor, no luck. Still get the “0nboars scales is not operational. Please visit your dealer for service.” Also tried adding a few other hitch related addresses I found in the spreadsheet, but also no luck. Seems we are still missing other changes possibly in the VDM or others modules, or the software is too different for the Raptor. FYI - the BCMC address as built was set to the “3”.
My guess is its the calibration values in the VDM, but establishing what and where those are for the Raptor is going to be a challenge unless someone provides a map of that module.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Here is some VDM changes i had found

721-08-01 FF-- 00 = (CORC Calibration Offset Required FF = CORC Calibration Offset Not Required)
721-09-01 7Cxx xxxx -- (DID DE08 Front Left Height Sensor Calibration Offset (DIDDEFLHSCO)
721-09-01 xx7C xxxx -- (DID DE08 Front Right Height Sensor Calibration Offset (DIDDEFRHSCO)
721-09-01 xxxx 7Cxx-- (DID DE08 Rear Left Height Sensor Calibration Offset (DIDDERLHSCO)
721-09-01 xxxx xx7C-- (DID DE08 Rear Right Height Sensor Calibration Offset (DIDDERRHSCO)
721-19-01 xxxx xFxx -- (SH FALR percentage lifetime histogram EB28 (SHFALREB) • SH Tongue histogram )
721-19-01 xxxx xxFx -- (OBS tare measurement lifetime histogram EB26 (OBSEB) • OBS measurement )lifetime histogram OBS screen on EB25 (OBSOBSEB) • OBS measurement lifetime histogram EB24 (OBSEB) • Max min suspension vertical position vs pinion angle lifetime histogram EB20 to EB21 (MEBEB)

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
You will be missing a VDM module and the passenger side sensors. You will gain the scale screens on the APIM, but they will not work.
I kind of knew that it wouldn't as easy as a few changes in Forscan, but thought I'd throw it out there. Thanks for the response!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You need new front and rear struts and shocks. The suspension has valves at the top and in the rear it uses the shocks for scales not the height sensors. The front still retains the height sensor on the driver and adds the passenger side. No height sensors in the rear. The info is sent into the VDM and then through can to the HCM for the headlamps

The scales require the suspension. Not height sensors.
Sponsored