Wireless CarPlay?

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
If you cannot enable Wireless App Projection using the steps above, you may be seeing the same problem myself and some others are, where it isn't working. We are also unable to activate the truck in FordPass or enable Hotspot. It looks like some trucks built in early May out of DTP, at least so far, have out of the box modem issues. Mine has been at the dealer all today and they are working directly with Ford engineering, and haven't gotten it working, so may have a new module on order.

When you tap the selection for Wireless App Projection, it beeps but nothing else. If you go through phone setup from scratch, it gets past where it says Enable CarPlay? Then says it has to Enable wireless App projection, you hit Enable, and it just says Wireless App Projection Disabled.

Ford F-150 Wireless CarPlay? Image-4
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Yes, phone is hooked up via bluetooth. I will try starting from scratch again when I get back in the truck and let you know what happens. Thanks again for all the input.
No problem. Good luck!

OP
OP
Ed21

Ed21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Xlt SCREW
Occupation
Retired
If you cannot enable Wireless App Projection using the steps above, you may be seeing the same problem myself and some others are, where it isn't working. We are also unable to activate the truck in FordPass or enable Hotspot. It looks like some trucks built in early May out of DTP, at least so far, have out of the box modem issues. Mine has been at the dealer all today and they are working directly with Ford engineering, and haven't gotten it working, so may have a new module on order.

When you tap the selection for Wireless App Projection, it beeps but nothing else. If you go through phone setup from scratch, it gets past where it says Enable CarPlay? Then says it has to Enable wireless App projection, you hit Enable, and it just says Wireless App Projection Disabled.

Image-4.jpeg
Mine was built 5/3 DTP. Will check to see if I get similar result. Thanks all for the help.

OP
OP
Ed21

Ed21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Xlt SCREW
Occupation
Retired
Well I also found out that my wireless App projection will not enable. I'm going to wait and see how you other folks get it resolved before bringing it in. AS I said earlier mine was also built first week of May out of DTP. Thanks again!

GlassSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Sales Director
Awesome! I'm going to try this. I like the wireless aspect but man I love having my phone charged up consistently! Also the latency is terrible with wireless carplay. They need to step up with whatever frequency they are using. Surely it's not bluetooth!?

ssimpala1901

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost 2015 EB Mustang
Occupation
Navy Vet
The Wireless Carplay portion does not use Bluetooth, so make sure Bluetooth is on AND Wi-fi, if I am not mistaken, it uses a built in Wi-fi router that is included in your truck with Sync 4, to connect wirelessly. You need to connect to your trucks built in Wi-fi.

Bottomline connect both the Bluetooth AND the on board Wi-Fi router. You will need to connect to both individually with pin codes etc. Once that is done it should work.

It happens to me all the time I turn off Wi-Fi on my phone and wonder why it is not connecting to Carplay
Sponsored