Sponsored

Will removing rear blocks void warranty?

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
My truck seems to be running generally okay right now aside from some momentary cold weather EIWE chatter that I don't see as being a problem yet. I'm reading all kinds of crap about busted front diffs, leaking rears, and everything in between. I want to remove my FX4 4WD rear blocks (which I think are completely flat, not angled). Will this void the warranty? Is this safe to do from a pinion seal and driveline perspective? I just want to cya in case there ends up being a problem, as I have less than a 1000 miles on it still.

The weather has been amazing and the mustang has emerged from the garage 👹
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Will this void the warranty?
Per the terms of the federal law known as the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, Ford (any manufacturer) can decline warranty coverage only for any otherwise eligible component which the cause of the failure is attributable to any unauthorized modification.

If the cause of the otherwise eligible component failure is not attributable to an unauthorized mod, they must fix it under the terms of the warranty.

No mod is without risk, only you can decide if there's risk unacceptable to you in spacer block removal.

FWIW the answer for me was: "the risk is acceptable; I don't foresee a component failure attributable to this mod." I removed my spacer blocks and installed the corresponding shorter bump-stops.

Last edited:
OP
OP

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Thanks. I removed the blocks and couldn't be happier. The truck drives and brakes so much better now. My blocks were flat on the short bed screw fx4 and removal didn't cause any driveline vibration on a brief test up to 65mph.

I did work the blocks one side at a time and unfortunately ran into a problem aligning the left side into the holes. Seems fine now though after moving the truck back and forth to get them to fall into place before tightening.

Here's a before

and after

Ford F-150 Will removing rear blocks void warranty? PXL_20230301_005149419

Ford F-150 Will removing rear blocks void warranty? PXL_20230409_010828126
Sponsored

Last edited: