Sponsored

Why is Ford cutting the OEM wheel well liners.

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
The Husky liners cover a larger area than the Ford liners. My other reason for trimming them was now I will have access going forward if I ever need to remove or replace the shocks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sempifi99

sempifi99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL Powerboost FX4
Occupation
IT
Update:

I just got off the phone with the Ford accessories department. They had a silent third party there too. Someone the tech I was speaking to talked with to confirm things. They confirmed the parts are being cut at the factory and that there are no other options for part numbers to order to get one that is not cut.

I tried asking why they are being cut, since it was not a clearance issue. But the tech responded, after inquiring with the silent third party, that they were not allowed to say. I'm finding this very odd. I asked if I could send in some pictures just to confirm everything and I have.

I'll update the thread again with more news as I get it.

tilefordude

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt 302 high 3.5 eco
Occupation
Tile Setter
Update:

I just got off the phone with the Ford accessories department. They had a silent third party there too. Someone the tech I was speaking to talked with to confirm things. They confirmed the parts are being cut at the factory and that there are no other options for part numbers to order to get one that is not cut.

I tried asking why they are being cut, since it was not a clearance issue. But the tech responded, after inquiring with the silent third party, that they were not allowed to say. I'm finding this very odd. I asked if I could send in some pictures just to confirm everything and I have.

I'll update the thread again with more news as I get it.
Is it me or is ford not the ford they used to be?

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Really? I just took some pictures of the front. Does this look normal?

IMG_8874.jpeg

IMG_8875.jpeg

IMG_8876.jpeg

IMG_8877.jpeg
Yessir... Those are the front liners. No exposed sheet metal inside the wheel well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sempifi99

sempifi99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Is it me or is ford not the ford they used to be?
I'm thinking Toyota on my next vehicle, actually that is already in the works since we just placed a deposit for a Sienna. But considering the email I got back from Ford, they pretty much said they don't care and to go jump off a bridge.

OP
OP
sempifi99

sempifi99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
So, after emailing Ford with the photos posted here and the reference number to my last phone conversation with them. In the email I asked if the parts come cut, should they be matching the pictures online, if I was receiving a damaged part and is there a different part number I need to order to get one that was not cut.

This is the response I got:

"
Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company. For technical questions, you will want to refer to your local dealership for assistance. The Ford Parts team only has access to locate parts within the catalog. We are not certified mechanics and we do not want to give you incorrect information. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I hope you have a great rest of your week and weekend.

If you have any additional questions, our Ford Parts team is here to help. Please call us at 844-589-0060 or visit www.parts.ford.com and click on “Chat Now” at the bottom of the page. You may also email us at [email protected]. We are available Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. EST.

Please do not reply to this email as your response may go unnoticed.

Sincerely,

Your Ford Parts and Accessories Support Team
Ford Motor Company

"

I'll be placing one last call to them to see if I can sort out this horrible customer service. If I cannot, I'll simply order different rear wheel well liners and purchase exclusively Toyota trucks going forward.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The Husky wheel well liners are an option. You do not have to purchase from Ford if you aren't happy with theirs.
Is the Ford rear wheel well liner your only complaint with the truck? I suspect it can't be.

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
Does it really matter....they still serve a purpose as intended.

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I installed mine in 5, maybe 10, minutes. I am pretty sure I can remove them too to get at a shock bolt.

I saw this same thing on my wife’s RAV4. Took it to the dealer for transmission fluid change and later found that they cut a hole in the plastic under body shield to get to the drain bolt (yes it had a drain in the transmission).

Sponsored

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
The Husky wheel well liners are an option. You do not have to purchase from Ford if you aren't happy with theirs.
Is the Ford rear wheel well liner your only complaint with the truck? I suspect it can't be.
Exactly. Randomly took this pic over the weekend in anticipation of the next time a member posts about wheel well liners. The Husky liners really do cover a lot more (note no exposed frame), install super quick, and are very well priced.

Ford F-150 Why is Ford cutting the OEM wheel well liners. 20230609_194659

OP
OP
sempifi99

sempifi99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Exactly. Randomly took this pic over the weekend in anticipation of the next time a member posts about wheel well liners. The Husky liners really do cover a lot more (note no exposed frame), install super quick, and are very well priced.

20230609_194659.jpg
Can you share the right hand side picture too?

OP
OP
sempifi99

sempifi99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Does it really matter....they still serve a purpose as intended.
They actually don't cover as much as they would otherwise. There is a horizontal portion that protects a seam where the wheel well is attached to the bed. Cutting them like Ford did compromises the protection they would otherwise provide.

I'll take a picture and upload it later this week.

OP
OP
sempifi99

sempifi99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Poor, post purchase customer service from Ford is actually my largest complaint here. The wheel well liner would be great if it were not coming damaged.

That said, I have had some other problems like the gas tank leak pressure sensor failed and the driver window auto return fails often. The prior was fixed under warranty and the I can reset the window sensor easily myself.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
is it worth it to get the wheel lining? i would think so for protection. what do you guys think?
Protection amd noise reduction.
I am on gravel roads a lot. Liners cut down on the noise of rocks hitting metal.
Sponsored