Sponsored

Why does my truck's alarm go off when parking with a trailer?

fishrods

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford f150
Occupation
retired
My 2022 F150 Lariat pulls the boat trailer just fine. The problem I'm having is that, after launching the boat and parking the truck and trailer, the warning alarm goes off on the truck. It doesn't happen every time, and the alarm occurs within a minute after locking the truck. The alarm, I believe, indicates that the trailer has been disconnected, but it has not. If I acknowledge the alarm with the key fob, it does not do it again....I think. I'm worried that after leaving the landing with the boat, that the truck will alarm while I'm gone. My trailer has a 5 way flat adapter, that mates to a 7 way round adapter, which plugs into the truck. I believe that others on the F150 forums have this problem, and I was wondering if Ford has a fix to prevent it?
Sponsored

OP
OP

fishrods

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford f150
Occupation
retired
does the panic alarm occur when your truck is 100% off?
Yes, the truck is off and the doors are locked. Within a minute, the alarm goes off. I did just find a Ford SSM 50226 that apparently was developed to address this problem. I'm not sure if the software has been developed yet, but since it was due in March 2022, it should be. I have a call into my dealer and hope he knows what to do.

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
Yes, the truck is off and the doors are locked. Within a minute, the alarm goes off. I did just find a Ford SSM 50226 that apparently was developed to address this problem. I'm not sure if the software has been developed yet, but since it was due in March 2022, it should be. I have a call into my dealer and hope he knows what to do.
heavy movements from the trailer while unloading your boat can seat off the panic alarm. i have had similar experiences with my utility trailer while my truck is both locked/off.

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
There was an update for the DSM and TRM to resolve the alarm going off. If you have a early build 22 you need the update

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I dont have a 22 I just know there was a TSB for Flase alarm with trailer attached and it called for the Updates to be done.

Send me your vin and I can tell you if those updates are available for your truck

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Mine did this once; luckily I was still nearby and could turn it off. It was a windy day, and I think that the exaggerated movements of having a giant sail attached to the bumper might have triggered a motion sensor.

OP
OP

fishrods

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford f150
Occupation
retired
There was an update for the DSM and TRM to resolve the alarm going off. If you have a early build 22 you need the update
So I go to my ford dealer here and they say that there were no codes and that SSM 50226 did not apply to my VIN. They weren't much help. My question is how do I get the trailer relay module updated to the latest software? Apparently this dealer either didn't want to do it or didn't think it necessary. Is the trailer relay module update done when a major OTA software update is done, or do you need to request that the dealer update it?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So I go to my ford dealer here and they say that there were no codes and that SSM 50226 did not apply to my VIN. They weren't much help. My question is how do I get the trailer relay module updated to the latest software? Apparently this dealer either didn't want to do it or didn't think it necessary. Is the trailer relay module update done when a major OTA software update is done, or do you need to request that the dealer update it?
The update is two modules. The TRM and DSM.. I have no idea why dealers are so stupid

Sponsored

OP
OP

fishrods

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford f150
Occupation
retired
The update is two modules. The TRM and DSM.. I have no idea why dealers are so stupid
I received a notice of an OTA update for 22S17, the TRM update for possible braking issues when towing. I'll receive this today or tomorrow. Will this update repair the false trailer theft alarm issue too?
Sponsored