Sponsored

I'm thinking of adding fender flares, but totally lost as far as which ones.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I looked through all 20 pages of this section hoping to find a "Let's see those fender flares" thread, but I didn't see any. If you guys know of a thread like this or another forum, please link it.

I added some aftermarket wheels with a -19 offset some time ago. I love the look of the wider stance, but I am growing tired of the tires kicking up all kinds of dirty water onto the sides of my truck. Personally, I do not like the look of mud flaps, so I want to add some flares. I am hoping some of you guys with the "poke" look can post pics of what flares you went with and who makes them so I can get some ideas. My main area of concern is how they look up front where they meet with the front bumper.

Attached is a pic of how far out my tires pop out with my set-up. I would need a set that's aggressive in order for them fulfill the purpose I want them for. I've seen set from $250-$700 out there, and I don't mind buying some on the high end of that spectrum if they fit the look I want. What I do know for sure is that I want to paint them to match the truck.

Any help and recommendations are welcome.

Ford F-150 I'm thinking of adding fender flares, but totally lost as far as which ones. 20220419_100918
Sponsored

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
If I were you and had the money then I would get Air Design Super Bolt flares.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
If I were you and had the money then I would get Air Design Super Bolt flares.
That's one of the ones I am looking at. I can get them for $532 which is still pricey, but I like the fact they are treated like OEM parts. I am hoping that someone that has them can post a pic from the front of the truck. I am curious to see how further they stick out than the front bumper where the two meet.

ImChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PowerBoost Long Bed
Occupation
Commercial Photographer
I'm in the same boat (different offset, but same issue). I found the gallery on American Truck to be huge and pretty good.

Two ways to search it:
1) Scroll through the parts page and when you find the style you like, click into it and there is usually a gallery showing 'customer pics'
2) You can search their 'build gallery' and filter it by Fender Flares

The link for option 2 is here: https://www.americantrucks.com/ford-f150-photos-builds.html?s=MostPopular&sc=Fender Flares&from=0

-Chris

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I'm in the same boat (different offset, but same issue). I found the gallery on American Truck to be huge and pretty good.

Two ways to search it:
1) Scroll through the parts page and when you find the style you like, click into it and there is usually a gallery showing 'customer pics'
2) You can search their 'build gallery' and filter it by Fender Flares

The link for option 2 is here: https://www.americantrucks.com/ford-f150-photos-builds.html?s=MostPopular&sc=Fender Flares&from=0

-Chris
This is perfect! Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
The Air Design seem to be the ones that line up with the front bumper the most. I wish they made an option without the screws showing. IMO, they do have the nicest ones in terms of overall design and fit.

I also like the built-in mud flap thing they have behind the tires.

Ford F-150 I'm thinking of adding fender flares, but totally lost as far as which ones. 1353648_62C3AF1F

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Nice to see that someone cares about other motorists on the road which is very very rare.

The best flares I have found are the Bushwacker fender flares and they have three different versions for the F-150 pickups. One version attaches to the truck fender without having to drill holes in the truck which was my choice. Their Extend-A-Flare version adds 2.0 inches of additional coverage at the front wheels and 2.2 inches at the rear wheels.

https://www.bushwacker.com/extend-a-fender-flares/2022/ford/f-150

Not cheap but they will protect the sides of the truck from rocks thrown up by the tires. I wanted them because the factory side steps are too narrow to provide real protection for the sides of the truck.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Nice to see that someone cares about other motorists on the road which is very very rare.

The best flares I have found are the Bushwacker fender flares and they have three different versions for the F-150 pickups. One version attaches to the truck fender without having to drill holes in the truck which was my choice. Their Extend-A-Flare version adds 2.0 inches of additional coverage at the front wheels and 2.2 inches at the rear wheels.

https://www.bushwacker.com/extend-a-fender-flares/2022/ford/f-150

Not cheap but they will protect the sides of the truck from rocks thrown up by the tires. I wanted them because the factory side steps are too narrow to provide real protection for the sides of the truck.
Ugh. Those are actually my favorite in design. I like the clean look without the bolts/rivets. What I don't like about the Bushwacker product is how much they pop out from the front bumper. This area here. The Air Design one is more subtle, where it starts almost flush with the front bumper and then widens as you go up the wheel arch giving it a more natural look. If these had a more flush fit with the front bumper, I would have never started this thread and ordered them.

Ford F-150 I'm thinking of adding fender flares, but totally lost as far as which ones. images_ePIM_original_BWRbw_pocketStyle_color_agateBlckMtlc_3qtr_20945-32_w760_h500_cr_q75

dnand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Product Designer
I am in the same boat as you. I really like the extend-a-fender flares from Bushwacker but the misalignment with the front bumper bothers me. I would also want to color match them!

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Talk about making a truck ugly, bolt on flares are the last thing I would add to my truck, YUK

Sponsored

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Talk about making a truck ugly, bolt on flares are the last thing I would add to my truck, YUK
I can't say I completely disagree with you. I have seen some trucks with added flares that I didn't like how they looked. However, I have seen other ones that when tastefully done, they actually look good. Of course, "tastefully" is a relative term and what looks good to one person may not appease another person. In my truck's case, with the exterior mods I've done and what I am planning to do on top of what is already done, I think they will compliment the overall look of my truck.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I ended up ordering the Air Design ones. Since a trip to the body shop is in order, I went ahead and ordered the hood scoop they make, too, and just do everything at once.

RedStorm

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5L EcoBoost
OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name