Sponsored

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
So the waiting begins… I will be anxiously awaiting the next few scheduling reports.
I will be there with you fellow traveler! I wonder how many of us didn't take the 63X credit and are in our boat? Perhaps we need our own purgatory thread.
Sponsored

wyoming

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering/Commercial Construction
I will be there with you fellow traveler! I wonder how many of us didn't take the 63X credit and are in our boat? Perhaps we need our own purgatory thread.
I think we do! And that’s a good question. I’m curious to see how many unscheduled orders are left next week.

I also wonder how many dealers didn’t reach out to their own retail orders to tell them the delete was an option and are stuck in purgatory by default.

Hopefully fewer orders waiting for it will allow them to start producing them sooner, but maybe that’s just wishful thinking.

dbtgt

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A, 2024 F150 501A on order
Occupation
Retired
I think we do! And that’s a good question. I’m curious to see how many unscheduled orders are left next week.

I also wonder how many dealers didn’t reach out to their own retail orders to tell them the delete was an option and are stuck in purgatory by default.

Hopefully fewer orders waiting for it will allow them to start producing them sooner, but maybe that’s just wishful thinking.
I'm in the same boat with you guys. Haven't heard a peep from my dealer, but after thinking through it all, I decided to just go with the new tailgate and wait it out. What a Ford shit show...

Mikeyf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018, F150 Lariat, 4X4 supercrew, 5.0L V8
Occupation
Retired, part time rancher
Same here have not heard a peep from dealer, so just waiting it out.

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4

To be fair, Chip did not reach out to me about it either, but that is likely because he knew I wouldn't do it anyway.

Sponsored

SEPA F150

First Name
Shiva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Raptor

My dealer still hasn't reached out to me yet about the PAT tailgate delete.

Might just get my deposit back and wait for a truck to show up on the dealer lot

REALXC

First Name
Alexandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I'm in the same boat with you guys. Haven't heard a peep from my dealer, but after thinking through it all, I decided to just go with the new tailgate and wait it out. What a Ford shit show...
I decided to stay with the new tailgate as well, I placed my order 09/16/2023 and got in "production" by 01/29/2024 and has been there since then I reach out to the dealer like 3 weeks ago he said it was built but it was waiting on the tailgate so the possible ETA was March 25-31 but in fords status it still says in production
hopefully the dealer ETA is true I already have a VIN

I ordered a platinum crew cab FX4 powerboost with the 6.5ft bed

dbtgt

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A, 2024 F150 501A on order
Occupation
Retired
I decided to stay with the new tailgate as well, I placed my order 09/16/2023 and got in "production" by 01/29/2024 and has been there since then I reach out to the dealer like 3 weeks ago he said it was built but it was waiting on the tailgate so the possible ETA was March 25-31 but in fords status it still says in production
hopefully the dealer ETA is true I already have a VIN

I ordered a platinum crew cab FX4 powerboost with the 6.5ft bed
Sounds like your truck is Job 1.
If it is, it will have the standard tailgate with the built in step I believe.

rgeorge

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 Platinum
As the Ford CEO was saying the below stuff on “quality” in February in their earnings call, he was stockpiling trucks due to poor quality. They lost a billion dollars in earnings due to a botched F250 launch. They are going to scramble to get the 2 months of 2024 F150s out the door lest they get hammered on q1 earnings - they didn’t say a word about the F150 delivery halt. That being said, the majority of exec incentives in the short term are quality related, which probably drove the launch stop. This explains why we are seeing what we are seeing. Weird though that they have yet to disclose the nature of the quality issue that caused this.

“We already have world-class quality in many parts of our company, and now we're seeing green shoots in North America. Kumar is leading this and he's here for Q&A to answer any questions. But there are two aspects of quality I want to highlight. The first is launch quality. That Super Duty launch I mentioned, [ph] it was the line in the sand (13:25) for this management team. We intensified all of our testing, our real-world problem-solving on the plant floor with our suppliers and engineers. We slowed down the launch and boy, did it cost us. $1 billion of EBIT we forego last year, but it was the right trade-off for our company and our customers.

The result is the launch spike that every launch has, we think on Super Duty is now similar to best-in-class in our industry, and we're seeing the benefits in the F-150 launch. That launch is underway right now and it's a really
important one for our company.

The second area of quality we're seeing progress on is initial quality. Now we measure that in three months in service. And that is highly correlated to long-term quality, and yes, warranty costs. And we saw last year a 10%increase. That is the largest improvement in the similar quality that we saw last time in 2016. It's the best in a long time and we are committing to a similar improvement this year.

Quality now factors into 70% of the short-term incentives for our management at Ford.”

SwiftF150

First Name
Swift
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, Audi Q8 Etron, Jeep Wrangler
Cancelled my order this week as I got desperate. Bought a 2023 15k off. Dealership returned deposit and said it was unlikely to arrive before may. Ordered back in October.
Will spend the 15k on a lift and turbocharger :)

Sponsored

HJMACC

First Name
HJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 XLT SCrew 3.5 EB, 6.5’bed, Carbonized gray
Received my built email notification this morning. Ordered 12/14, scheduled week of 2/26, blend date 3/2. It will be interesting to see when it actually ships and delivers.

fatBatman

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 King Ranch
Received my built email notification this morning. Ordered 12/14, scheduled week of 2/26, blend date 3/2. It will be interesting to see when it actually ships and delivers.
I am equally curious. I know they are beginning to send the trucks out of purgatory but I wonder how long it will take to see any real movement of how long it will take to get a fresh build like yours through the purgatory que.
My truck has a blend date next week so I am eager to hear back from you on any timeline news you may have (assuming you were built at the Dearborn plant and not KC).

HJMACC

First Name
HJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 XLT SCrew 3.5 EB, 6.5’bed, Carbonized gray
I am equally curious. I know they are beginning to send the trucks out of purgatory but I wonder how long it will take to see any real movement of how long it will take to get a fresh build like yours through the purgatory que.
My truck has a blend date next week so I am eager to hear back from you on any timeline news you may have (assuming you were built at the Dearborn plant and not KC).
Sorry, mine’s a KC build.

Nick_b

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 sport
Occupation
Manager
As the Ford CEO was saying the below stuff on “quality” in February in their earnings call, he was stockpiling trucks due to poor quality. They lost a billion dollars in earnings due to a botched F250 launch. They are going to scramble to get the 2 months of 2024 F150s out the door lest they get hammered on q1 earnings - they didn’t say a word about the F150 delivery halt. That being said, the majority of exec incentives in the short term are quality related, which probably drove the launch stop. This explains why we are seeing what we are seeing. Weird though that they have yet to disclose the nature of the quality issue that caused this.

“We already have world-class quality in many parts of our company, and now we're seeing green shoots in North America. Kumar is leading this and he's here for Q&A to answer any questions. But there are two aspects of quality I want to highlight. The first is launch quality. That Super Duty launch I mentioned, [ph] it was the line in the sand (13:25) for this management team. We intensified all of our testing, our real-world problem-solving on the plant floor with our suppliers and engineers. We slowed down the launch and boy, did it cost us. $1 billion of EBIT we forego last year, but it was the right trade-off for our company and our customers.

The result is the launch spike that every launch has, we think on Super Duty is now similar to best-in-class in our industry, and we're seeing the benefits in the F-150 launch. That launch is underway right now and it's a really
important one for our company.

The second area of quality we're seeing progress on is initial quality. Now we measure that in three months in service. And that is highly correlated to long-term quality, and yes, warranty costs. And we saw last year a 10%increase. That is the largest improvement in the similar quality that we saw last time in 2016. It's the best in a long time and we are committing to a similar improvement this year.

Quality now factors into 70% of the short-term incentives for our management at Ford.”
I am from Michigan and I am waiting on my 2024 lariat, I spoke to my sales person yesterday and he told me the reason for the quality control issue was due to the new headlight system. It was causing the battery to be drained so Ford parked all the F-150’s while they worked through this issue. He told me mine was estimated for March 10th.

rgeorge

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 Platinum
I am from Michigan and I am waiting on my 2024 lariat, I spoke to my sales person yesterday and he told me the reason for the quality control issue was due to the new headlight system. It was causing the battery to be drained so Ford parked all the F-150’s while they worked through this issue. He told me mine was estimated for March 10th.
Thanks for sharing that. First I have heard it was with the headlights. I just assumed it was a software issue. If it’s an actual mechanical problem, all those vehicles need to be reworked at some level before delivery.
Sponsored

Reactions: MLH