Sponsored

Turn off horn honk when exiting truck with key fob?

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
I haven't gone through the manual, but is there a way to keep the horn from honking twice when you step away from your truck with the fob when it is still running?
Sponsored

Reactions: fjr

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I have pissed off a lot of fine folks by blasting my horn at them as I shut the door. Many apologies have been given. I no longer close the door completely and the horn won’t honk. Why don’t I just shut the truck off, well my wife is in the passenger seat and does not want to burn up or freeze; hence, the truck runs.

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
I have pissed off a lot of fine folks by blasting my horn at them as I shut the door. Many apologies have been given. I no longer close the door completely and the horn won’t honk. Why don’t I just shut the truck off, well my wife is in the passenger seat and does not want to burn up or freeze; hence, the truck runs.
Let her carry your spare key fob and it will not honk when you exit with yours.

Sponsored

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
Yes... It’s in the settings somewhere
Edit. It’s not. See below.

Last edited:

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
No it’s not.
It is not intended to be turned off as it is safety feature to keep you from leaving your truck accidentally running in an enclosed area such as a garage.

Last edited:

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Don is right, this is the only thing I have found that prevents it.

Sponsored

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
It is not intended to be turned off as it is safety feature to keep you from leaving your truck accidentally running in an enclosed area such as a garage.
That makes reasonable sense, I just wish it did not blast out the front so loud.

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat
That makes reasonable sense, I just wish it did not blast out the front so loud.
Why do American car manufacturers think the best choice is always to honk the horn?!?! Euro cars seem to all have a secondary speaker that makes the alarm chirp, etc, so that the main horn only gets used for ... you know ... horn stuff (and middle finger stuff ;)).

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat
Why do American car manufacturers think the best choice is always to honk the horn?!?! Euro cars seem to all have a secondary speaker that makes the alarm chirp, etc, so that the main horn only gets used for ... you know ... horn stuff (and middle finger stuff ;)).
I'm sure it's tacky to reply to my own post, but I just recalled that someone was griping about a sound their truck generates on the *outside* in certain situations to warn pedestrians (or something). This means there _is_ a speaker that could do the chirpy-chirpy. Why did the designers decide to blast the horn instead?!?!?! ?

H-Town

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special
I for one like the feature. I learned the hard way on my 2012 Explorer. My wife was driving it home one night, called and asked if I wanted to be picked up for dinner. When she arrived, she left the vehicle running and placed her bag in the house. The bag contained the key fob. We continued to drive to the restaurant and then shit off the car. Only then did we realize The key fob was in the bag at home and we were not able to start the car again.

whike the double horn is annoying, it’s there for a purpose to remind you that you have removed the fob from the car. It’s a good feature.
Sponsored