XLT with a Dead Key Fob

chuckg57

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Goldwing Trike, 2021 F-150 XLT 3.5EB
I just took delivery on my XLT with a 302A package yesterday. It has remote start and I have been unable to find the slot to place the fob in case it has a dead battery. The video that I watched has the slot in the bottom of one of the cup holders but it is not there on my truck. I searched every where I could think of and have not been able to find the slot. Does anyone have a clue where it is on the XLT?
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Did you look under the little round rubber pads in the bottom of the cup holders?
I also seem to recall on some trims it is in a spot accessible under the console lid.
can’t be certain tho, mine is a 301a and it has an actual key

OP
OP
chuckg57

chuckg57

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you look under the little round rubber pads in the bottom of the cup holders?
I also seem to recall on some trims it is in a spot accessible under the console lid.
can’t be certain tho, mine is a 301a and it has an actual key
I looked in both places, no luck. I can not believe that Ford would create a truck that has no option to start it in case the key fob is inop.

OP
OP
chuckg57

chuckg57

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...&userMarket=usa&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

This part of the manual shows the two locations depending on which front row layout you have.
Oh that is sneaky, and at least for my truck the illustration is not quite correct. My truck has a 40/20/40 bench seat, the center console has the cup holders and a small storage compartment. You flip the console up out of the way to reveal the center seat and that seat flips up to reveal another larger storage compartment with the key fob slot in the rear. I had no idea the center seat flipped up and there are no cup holders down there. The cool part is the lower storage area is about four times the volume of the upper one.

Thank you

Sponsored

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
Oh that is sneaky, and at least for my truck the illustration is not quite correct. My truck has a 40/20/40 bench seat, the center console has the cup holders and a small storage compartment. You flip the console up out of the way to reveal the center seat and that seat flips up to reveal another larger storage compartment with the key fob slot in the rear. I had no idea the center seat flipped up and there are no cup holders down there. The cool part is the lower storage area is about four times the volume of the upper one.

Thank you
I had my '13 for the better part of a year before I realized it had that lower storage compartment of the console.

OP
OP
chuckg57

chuckg57

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had my '13 for the better part of a year before I realized it had that lower storage compartment of the console.
It is possible that someone has traded a 150 off and never knew it was there. One other thing I did find is that lower storage area has a spot for a key so it is lockable.

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
I just took delivery on my XLT with a 302A package yesterday. It has remote start and I have been unable to find the slot to place the fob in case it has a dead battery. The video that I watched has the slot in the bottom of one of the cup holders but it is not there on my truck. I searched every where I could think of and have not been able to find the slot. Does anyone have a clue where it is on the XLT?
Look under the rubber where the shifter goes. I too saw the video where it was under the cup holders but my dealer didn't know anything about it.

OP
OP
chuckg57

chuckg57

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Look under the rubber where the shifter goes. I too saw the video where it was under the cup holders but my dealer didn't know anything about it.
I found it yesterday, it is under the center seat.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Crazy that the dealers don't know!

Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
@RJL1400 said it in the quote I posted ?‍♂
I recalled seeing that on line and a video as to where it was located and so I asked my dealer and he didn't know. Which surprised me.
Sponsored