Sponsored

Turn off horn honk when exiting truck with key fob?

superz

First Name
Zale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021f150RCSB;2016 Ecodiesel;2012 ISF; 66 Sting Ray
Occupation
Realtor
Forscan can turn the double honk off.
Does Forscan void the warranty ? Different subject, but does a " 5 star tune" on a stock truck also void the warranty?
Sponsored

platinum99

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 Platinum 702A
I for one like the feature. I learned the hard way on my 2012 Explorer. My wife was driving it home one night, called and asked if I wanted to be picked up for dinner. When she arrived, she left the vehicle running and placed her bag in the house. The bag contained the key fob. We continued to drive to the restaurant and then shit off the car. Only then did we realize The key fob was in the bag at home and we were not able to start the car again.

whike the double horn is annoying, it’s there for a purpose to remind you that you have removed the fob from the car. It’s a good feature.
Thats sucks that happened to you. there is away to not let that happen. It has to be programmed in but it if the key fob is not in the truck it wont let you shift the truck into drive. Its called Security Idle.

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat
I for one like the feature. I learned the hard way on my 2012 Explorer. My wife was driving it home one night, called and asked if I wanted to be picked up for dinner. When she arrived, she left the vehicle running and placed her bag in the house. The bag contained the key fob. We continued to drive to the restaurant and then shit off the car. Only then did we realize The key fob was in the bag at home and we were not able to start the car again.

whike the double horn is annoying, it’s there for a purpose to remind you that you have removed the fob from the car. It’s a good feature.
I don't think anyone here is complaining that the truck alerts you if you get out of the cab with the key fob. It's the nature of the alert (horn honk) that pisses people off. Ford could have put a little more thought into the feature, and implemented it in a way that didn't make people look for ways to disable it.

H-Town

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special
I don't think anyone here is complaining that the truck alerts you if you get out of the cab with the key fob. It's the nature of the alert (horn honk) that pisses people off. Ford could have put a little more thought into the feature, and implemented it in a way that didn't make people look for ways to disable it.
Fair statement...

Fordriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150

So if it is such a great feature why did it not work then? Your wife would have heard that danged double honk as she shut the door while carrying her bag in, but she still forgot her key. If when the vehicle is put into drive and no fob is detected there should be an audible alarm then and that is what would have benefited you. There is a small message that comes up in the display that says no fob is detected but as in your case it is easily missed.
So, too much, if not unnecessary notification for one thing and an insufficient notification for something more frequently needed.
A small distinct beep when exiting with the fob would be fine, the blaring double honk has caused us so much grief during our ownership, while it has not one time served any benefit to us. That, frequent spark plug changes and water logged doors have been the worst of it with this truck with 115,000 miles on it (180,000kms).

Sponsored

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
Does Forscan void the warranty ? Different subject, but does a " 5 star tune" on a stock truck also void the warranty?
It does not void if you need any help reach out I'm in the 1604 and 281 north area

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
my honk or audible is turned off via forscan

as far as EV or PHEV speaker..i agree at low speed it should be something along the the lines of "HEY I AM MOVING SLOW YOU BLIND ASSSSS PEOPLE" or "PUT DOWN THE PHONE AND WALK"
my parents have a maverick and it makes the most annoying ding ding ding tone.
Sponsored