Sponsored

Truck jumps like I got hit after coming to complete stop.

Inshore97

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Pilot, 2015 Genesis 3.8bSWD
Follow up: yes I was told not to use auto hold and that the part is no longer available.. Ford is creating an update and it may be weeks or months…. Seems not to be aligned with what I have read here so will be calling Ford shortly
One other note, this morning the FordPass app reported the aux transmission issue , once the software updates were applied . I also received a check engine light upon pulling into a bagel shop , 20 miles from the service center. was a bit frustrated that I had to make 2 round trips 100 miles for them to agree the issue that I discussed I had read on this forum in the morning. Cause the next appointment was in afternoon…. And what did I turn on at the bagel shop, my auto hold option and then check engine came on shortly thereafter, followed by my call to service center….
Sponsored

Inshore97

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Pilot, 2015 Genesis 3.8bSWD
Just spoke with Ford Customer service and they confirmed the aux transmission oil pump is no longer available. ford has no eta on the new part as they are redesigning the part..

Could be weeks or months… they also confirmed it is best to keep the auto hold feature off… While they perform a fix…

cozoomzoom

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
Just spoke with Ford Customer service and they confirmed the aux transmission oil pump is no longer available. ford has no eta on the new part as they are redesigning the part..

Could be weeks or months… they also confirmed it is best to keep the auto hold feature off… While they perform a fix…
What!? I just dropped mine off at service this morning and will report back what they tell me. Mine lurched with auto hold on and off. Only time it didn't was in Tow/Haul mode. Your report is disappointing - boo!

Lukespowerboost

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
Occupation
Tile
Add my 21 powerboost to the list 30k miles. Transmission pump failure. I did my research and found this thread so I was aware of the issue before I brought it to ford. I did not tell them it was the pump failure...I didn't want to be that guy that knew more then them. Lol. 2 1/2 weeks later I get a message stating them they did what they could but they needed to order a part and I could pick it up as it's safe to drive until the part get in. I pick it up and not a single person at ford would give me any timeline or even an explanation of the problem or what part is on order. The paper work shows they replaced a wire harness and fixed a leak in front diff. And the part they needed was discontinued...not available. I leave the dealership with my truck and first stop sign...wham!! Feels like I got rear ended. And service vehicle soon lights come on. Then check engine light comes on. Truck won't won't go into electric mode. And the list is growing daily. Ford will not answer my calls nor return them so far.

Anyone know if the new pump is being distributed yet? And is there a class action lawsuit yet? Anyone get ford to buy back under lemon laws?

cozoomzoom

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
Add my 21 powerboost to the list 30k miles. Transmission pump failure. I did my research and found this thread so I was aware of the issue before I brought it to ford. I did not tell them it was the pump failure...I didn't want to be that guy that knew more then them. Lol. 2 1/2 weeks later I get a message stating them they did what they could but they needed to order a part and I could pick it up as it's safe to drive until the part get in. I pick it up and not a single person at ford would give me any timeline or even an explanation of the problem or what part is on order. The paper work shows they replaced a wire harness and fixed a leak in front diff. And the part they needed was discontinued...not available. I leave the dealership with my truck and first stop sign...wham!! Feels like I got rear ended. And service vehicle soon lights come on. Then check engine light comes on. Truck won't won't go into electric mode. And the list is growing daily. Ford will not answer my calls nor return them so far.

Anyone know if the new pump is being distributed yet? And is there a class action lawsuit yet? Anyone get ford to buy back under lemon laws?
@Ford Motor Company, can you shed some light on when parts to resolve this issue will be available? I don't agree that this is safe situation to have the truck operate in. The truck defaults to Normal mode when started. This lurching scares the hell out of you and could cause you to react and cause an accident.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
@Ford Motor Company, can you shed some light on when parts to resolve this issue will be available? I don't agree that this is safe situation to have the truck operate in. The truck defaults to Normal mode when started. This lurching scares the hell out of you and could cause you to react and cause an accident.
Don't expect a response. Its a Bot.

• Haha
Reactions: sbi

cozoomzoom

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
I have my truck back. They reset the kam and the problem stopped. Recall I never had the code throw. (I'm also getting a new catalytic converter for a P0420 which throws occasionally but that is a different thread. )

Last edited:
OP
OP

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited

Would suggest going to the NHTSA website and reporting safety issues - this only helps force recalls and fixes - more of you guys that report this issue the better, especially on that pump as it's a safety issue the way the truck jumps out when it fails at a stop.

cozoomzoom

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
Would suggest going to the NHTSA website and reporting safety issues - this only helps force recalls and fixes - more of you guys that report this issue the better, especially on that pump as it's a safety issue the way the truck jumps out when it fails at a stop.
I have submitted. My concern is that the remedy was to "Reset and clear the adaptive drive cycle" and that means it could come back.

Groovicles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT PB
I got the same problem this morning. At a full stop then the truck jolts like it was bumped from behind. This seems to have happened while my vehicle was getting a software update, and I see some other folks have had the same thing happen during a possible software update. REALLY hoping I won't have to wait for a part, though my service appointment is booked in like a month :(
@Ford Motor Company can you help?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I got the same problem this morning. At a full stop then the truck jolts like it was bumped from behind. This seems to have happened while my vehicle was getting a software update, and I see some other folks have had the same thing happen during a possible software update. REALLY hoping I won't have to wait for a part, though my service appointment is booked in like a month :(
Hey there. Please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer and I would be happy to see what I can do to assist!

Morg92123

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch Powerboost
Occupation
Tire Industry Consultant
Same thing just started with my 2021 KR PB at 10.5k miles. Took it to my local dealer and they were able to replicate the issue a couple of times. Unfortunately, they told me this morning they are now not able to replicate the issue and are not sure what is causing the problem. They said they need to determine "if there was something wrong with the system or if it is part of the normal operation of the vehicle". Love the vehicle, but this issue can't continue.

Groovicles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT PB
Same thing just started with my 2021 KR PB at 10.5k miles. Took it to my local dealer and they were able to replicate the issue a couple of times. Unfortunately, they told me this morning they are now not able to replicate the issue and are not sure what is causing the problem. They said they need to determine "if there was something wrong with the system or if it is part of the normal operation of the vehicle". Love the vehicle, but this issue can't continue.
Unexpected forward jumps at a full stop could be "part of the normal operation of a vehicle"? Wow, I would have walked right out and found another mechanic!

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired