Sponsored

Truck jumps like I got hit after coming to complete stop.

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
That's good that they won't communicate with each other. They are just plugging Ford for hours. It states some transmissions make a whine. Mine whistles just a sec when it downshifts. I thought it was the turbos but it does it when ice is off even. I think it's normal though. I wouldn't mind them doing my 2nd gear skip TSB while they have it. I'd try contacting Ford again and see if they can't get the dealers to talk in your situation.
Sponsored

Adronm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 f150 xlt powerboost
Has anyone ever had this issue come back successfully as something electrical? Chaffed wiring or something? My new dealership is convinced that it isn’t the pump but something else.

Last edited:

SgtBFGunner

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Powerboost XLT
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Has anyone ever had this issue come back successfully as something electrical? Chaffed wiring or something? My new dealership is convinced that it isn’t the pump but something else.
If you're getting "rear-ended" like the rest of us, it's the auxillary pump. No doubt. Point the dealer in this forum's direction for confirmation? My Power boost was the only one my dealership has worked on. They have no experience with how everything works. You might need to try and enlighten them.

Adronm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 f150 xlt powerboost
If you're getting "rear-ended" like the rest of us, it's the auxillary pump. No doubt. Point the dealer in this forum's direction for confirmation? My Power boost was the only one my dealership has worked on. They have no experience with how everything works. You might need to try and enlighten them.
It is and I have done both of those things. It almost feels like they are trying to prove me wrong rather than listening to me.

SgtBFGunner

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Powerboost XLT
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Ugh... I have a couple terrible service writers at my place. No "bedside manner" at all. Ask for the service manager? Mine is a great older guy who's been around the block and makes sure things happen. Even as he is learning too.
Good luck!
It is and I have done both of those things. It almost feels like they are trying to prove me wrong rather than listening to me.

Sponsored

Adronm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 f150 xlt powerboost
Ugh... I have a couple terrible service writers at my place. No "bedside manner" at all. Ask for the service manager? Mine is a great older guy who's been around the block and makes sure things happen. Even as he is learning too.
Good luck!
they have not finished their diagnosis yet so I’ll let them do their process and give them the benefit of the doubt. If it continues and they don’t come around I’ll move on to the next steps. Does anyone know the specific code or whatever they need to see in their process that leads the dealership to the inevitable conclusion? Maybe if I knew what specifically they need to prove it to them I could guide them in that direction. Luckily my pump has arrived at the old dealership so it shouldn’t be another 3 months before I get it fixed but it would be nice if they could get that on the way sooner than later.

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
they have not finished their diagnosis yet so I’ll let them do their process and give them the benefit of the doubt. If it continues and they don’t come around I’ll move on to the next steps. Does anyone know the specific code or whatever they need to see in their process that leads the dealership to the inevitable conclusion? Maybe if I knew what specifically they need to prove it to them I could guide them in that direction. Luckily my pump has arrived at the old dealership so it shouldn’t be another 3 months before I get it fixed but it would be nice if they could get that on the way sooner than later.
I was telling the service manager my problem and as soon as I mentioned my Facebook group or this page he rolled his eyes, basically discounting any information that I may have gotten from my Facebook group or this group. My dad is the same way, he thinks all those people with axle bolt problems it's just people making up stories. I told him it's just a way of getting information about our trucks, I don't understand people's derogatory outlook on getting information from those who have the same vehicle and we can all share and learn from each other.

Adronm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 f150 xlt powerboost
So they still haven’t found the issue. No problems with wiring so far. They want to check a solenoid now. Seems like they are looking for anything besides the aux pump :-/

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
NEVER ever mention the word internet at a dealership. It's instant wall-off. And you are a dufus or a threat.

Yet they will campaign for you to give them a 5star review. Where? None other than The Internet. 🤪

The industry is in a terrible state currently. And it's nothing more than a human dilemma.
The products are advanced. Admittedly. But there are tools and knowledge bases that are capable of servicing these trucks. But the PEOPLE are the obstacle.

OP
OP

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
As others have stated, it's the aux pump. You may try to contact Ford customer service and get them to help (not sure if that will help at all). It may just be me, but when you understand the function of the aux pump and feel/see this issue.

I've mentioned this before but do us all a favor and report the issue as a safety issue on NHTSA website. More likely to get this escalated and looked at deeper by Ford as I worry we're getting the same crappy designed pump put on and it will be a matter of time before it goes out again.

Sponsored

Adronm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 f150 xlt powerboost
As others have stated, it's the aux pump. You may try to contact Ford customer service and get them to help (not sure if that will help at all). It may just be me, but when you understand the function of the aux pump and feel/see this issue.

I've mentioned this before but do us all a favor and report the issue as a safety issue on NHTSA website. More likely to get this escalated and looked at deeper by Ford as I worry we're getting the same crappy designed pump put on and it will be a matter of time before it goes out again.
I’ll do that if they don’t figure it out soon. And totally agreed on it being pretty apparent once you get what it does then feel it happen. Will do. Since the part has been on stop sale I am hoping it was redesigned and then hopefully Ford is working on a recall. It seems that the issue is very widespread and it’s not whether it will happen but when.

Adronm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 f150 xlt powerboost
They found a wire harness in the transmission that was stripped to bare wire. I’m curious now. I’m glad that is being replaced if it’s stripped but I suspect it will not fix the issue and they will need to get the pump replaced anyway. We shall see.

OP
OP

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
They found a wire harness in the transmission that was stripped to bare wire. I’m curious now. I’m glad that is being replaced if it’s stripped but I suspect it will not fix the issue and they will need to get the pump replaced anyway. We shall see.
I'm betting they'll fix and then issue will still be there, but keep us posted. They found a cracked housing in my transmission thermostat when I first took it in, they had that part, took for a drive and still was there, then diagnosed the pump. I'm finally heading to pick my truck up today, it's been 7+ months since I had this issues start and 5+ months since the dealer had it. They've almost had it longer than I have had it.... Fingers crossed no more issues.

Adronm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 f150 xlt powerboost
I'm betting they'll fix and then issue will still be there, but keep us posted. They found a cracked housing in my transmission thermostat when I first took it in, they had that part, took for a drive and still was there, then diagnosed the pump. I'm finally heading to pick my truck up today, it's been 7+ months since I had this issues start and 5+ months since the dealer had it. They've almost had it longer than I have had it.... Fingers crossed no more issues.
Good luck and will do!

Beare3

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Information Technology
Have they also been making your payments??!?!!?? Can't believe you are just getting your back.....Good Luck!!
Sponsored